The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Customer Appreciation Cards, Help!?

Richard Greene

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Feb 25, 2018
Ohio
Okay so I put up some of my products on the internet a few weeks ago and am starting to see some sales. I want to provide a world class experience to my customers so one little thing I can do is write hand written thank you notes. I wrote a general thank you note that I can twist around to suit any of my products. I am looking for feedback on it before I start sending them out with my products. Any criticism or feedback is much appreciated. Whether negative or positive you are helping me out. Thank you in advance for your help.

Dear (insert name),
Thank you for your purchase. While packing up your new shelf we here at The GreeneBell Wood Shop could not help but to explode with tears of joy. Not only for the beauty your new shelf will bring to your home but also for your friendship. We hope you enjoy your new shelf as much as we enjoyed making it. Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts.
-Richard

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I would make it way more simple than that, for;

A) if you start getting many orders that will be a pain to write over and over and

B) it doesn’t sound genuine

A note closer to
“We hope you enjoy your shelf!” In my opinion is going to be a win for both parties, takes 5 seconds to write and because it is hand written it is stsill going beyond most companies.

I recently bought a pair or running shoes from a pretty big online store. When they arrived written on the inside of the lid there was a little message saying “Hi Joe, good luck with your training! - Sarah”

It wasn’t much, but certainly enough to add a very personal touch!

Last edited:

Richard Greene

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Feb 25, 2018
Ohio

A) if you start getting many orders that will be a pain to write over and over and

A note closer to
“We hope you enjoy your shelf!” In my opinion is going to be a win for both parties, takes 5 seconds to write and because it is hand written it is stsill going beyond most companies.

I recently bought a pair or running shoes from a pretty big online store. When they arrived written on the inside of the lid there was a little message saying “Hi Joe, good luck with your training! - Sarah”

A note closer to

If it doesn't sound genuine then I was trying too hard! Thank you.

John Clancy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Feb 23, 2015
Yeah, I'd echo what's already been said. You should decide if you want your message to be funny or sincere, then just stick with that.

I believe Derek Sivers had a popular funny "order confirmed" message with CD Baby...

Yep, here's the link: CD Baby's Hilarious Shipping Confirmation Email | CD Baby

Apart from that, a simple and sincere thank you is always good. "Thanks for your purchase, hope you enjoy it! Feel free to contact me if there's any issues at all at xyz email" etc.

You could also consider throwing in a free bonus... A little gift that's nice. It could be something connected to the item (e.g. small amount of quality wood polish) or something random they might like... e.g. some candy. Getting something for free is a nice surprise for any customer.

Hope this helps.

Richard Greene

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Feb 25, 2018
Ohio
Yeah, I'd echo what's already been said. You should decide if you want your message to be funny or sincere, then just stick with that.

I believe Derek Sivers had a popular funny "order confirmed" message with CD Baby...

Yep, here's the link: CD Baby's Hilarious Shipping Confirmation Email | CD Baby

Apart from that, a simple and sincere thank you is always good. "Thanks for your purchase, hope you enjoy it! Feel free to contact me if there's any issues at all at xyz email" etc.

You could also consider throwing in a free bonus... A little gift that's nice. It could be something connected to the item (e.g. small amount of quality wood polish) or something random they might like... e.g. some candy. Getting something for free is a nice surprise for any customer.

Hope this helps.

I remember MJ talking about CD baby.
I was trying to be a bit over the top with it. With my shelves I have already incorporated free shipping and all the necessary tools to hang the shelf. I studied my competition before hand for about a month so I could skew value in several areas. This is just with my shelves, I have several products. I would rather be sincere because I honestly do appreciate anyone that chooses to be my customer. No I don't cry tears of joy lol but every time I make a sale it gives me this high. I think MJ referred to it as entrepreneurial heroin? I want people to know that I appreciate them. I will keep working on it. This was only the 3rd note I came up with and my wife said she loved it so I figured I would ask here. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Being funny is a lot more difficult than being sincere. Just keep it simple, like @Waspy recommended.

Maybe send them a discount code for your other products.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
we put a hand written 'Thank You!!' on the packing slip.....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.