• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Customer Appreciation Cards, Help!?

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by Richard Greene, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Richard Greene

Richard Greene Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $195
    Okay so I put up some of my products on the internet a few weeks ago and am starting to see some sales. I want to provide a world class experience to my customers so one little thing I can do is write hand written thank you notes. I wrote a general thank you note that I can twist around to suit any of my products. I am looking for feedback on it before I start sending them out with my products. Any criticism or feedback is much appreciated. Whether negative or positive you are helping me out. Thank you in advance for your help.

Dear (insert name),
    Thank you for your purchase. While packing up your new shelf we here at The GreeneBell Wood Shop could not help but to explode with tears of joy. Not only for the beauty your new shelf will bring to your home but also for your friendship. We hope you enjoy your new shelf as much as we enjoyed making it. Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts.
    -Richard

2. Waspy

Waspy Float like a butterfly Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,692
    I would make it way more simple than that, for;

A) if you start getting many orders that will be a pain to write over and over and

B) it doesn’t sound genuine

A note closer to
    “We hope you enjoy your shelf!” In my opinion is going to be a win for both parties, takes 5 seconds to write and because it is hand written it is stsill going beyond most companies.

I recently bought a pair or running shoes from a pretty big online store. When they arrived written on the inside of the lid there was a little message saying “Hi Joe, good luck with your training! - Sarah”

It wasn’t much, but certainly enough to add a very personal touch!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Mr.C and Richard Greene like this.
  3. Richard Greene

Rep Bank:
    $195
    If it doesn't sound genuine then I was trying too hard! Thank you.

Mr.C likes this.
  4. Mr.C

Mr.C Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $770
    Yeah, I'd echo what's already been said. You should decide if you want your message to be funny or sincere, then just stick with that.

I believe Derek Sivers had a popular funny "order confirmed" message with CD Baby...

Yep, here's the link: CD Baby's Hilarious Shipping Confirmation Email | CD Baby

Apart from that, a simple and sincere thank you is always good. "Thanks for your purchase, hope you enjoy it! Feel free to contact me if there's any issues at all at xyz email" etc.

You could also consider throwing in a free bonus... A little gift that's nice. It could be something connected to the item (e.g. small amount of quality wood polish) or something random they might like... e.g. some candy. Getting something for free is a nice surprise for any customer.

Hope this helps.

Richard Greene likes this.
  5. Richard Greene

Rep Bank:
    $195
    I remember MJ talking about CD baby.
    I was trying to be a bit over the top with it. With my shelves I have already incorporated free shipping and all the necessary tools to hang the shelf. I studied my competition before hand for about a month so I could skew value in several areas. This is just with my shelves, I have several products. I would rather be sincere because I honestly do appreciate anyone that chooses to be my customer. No I don't cry tears of joy lol but every time I make a sale it gives me this high. I think MJ referred to it as entrepreneurial heroin? I want people to know that I appreciate them. I will keep working on it. This was only the 3rd note I came up with and my wife said she loved it so I figured I would ask here. Thanks for your input.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    Mr.C likes this.
  6. Merging Left

Merging Left Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,033
    Being funny is a lot more difficult than being sincere. Just keep it simple, like @Waspy recommended.

Maybe send them a discount code for your other products.

7. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $31,016
    we put a hand written 'Thank You!!' on the packing slip.....

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.