The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Custom Made Beanie?

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I've been searching through a few threads already and have had no luck. Looking for some guidance as I am new to the area of clothing for one of my latest ideas.

Through my current research, I have found a particular design of beanie non-existent in the market here in Australia. Similarly, with some research abroad - I am yet to find the same design.

The problem I am currently facing is to create the product, I need to remake a beanie from scratch - not just a simple print onto existing products. Who would be the best to contact to deal with this?

Sorry if this is a very simple question.

Regards,
Andrew

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Hi Everyone,

I've been searching through a few threads already and have had no luck. Looking for some guidance as I am new to the area of clothing for one of my latest ideas.

Through my current research, I have found a particular design of beanie non-existent in the market here in Australia. Similarly, with some research abroad - I am yet to find the same design.

The problem I am currently facing is to create the product, I need to remake a beanie from scratch - not just a simple print onto existing products. Who would be the best to contact to deal with this?

Sorry if this is a very simple question.

Regards,
Andrew

I don't know about manufacturers in Australia, but you can either try Alibaba (China) or Makers' Row (USA).

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Thanks, I have been searching Alibaba. Did find this site though..Manufacture Clothing & Manufacturing Tshirts Promotional Products - Contact us here in Australia keep the search going!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Manufacturemyproduct appear to be very capable. They say that they don't charge you any fees, but they don't do all that sourcing work for you out of the goodness of their hearts.

Most likely they receive commissions from the manufacturers of the fabric and the garments, as well as from the label and packaging suppliers and also the freight forwarders.

This means you need a fully itemized quote before you think of paying a deposit. Make sure it covers everything, even delivery to your door.

Walter

Last edited:

Abood

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 19, 2018
Thanks, I have been searching Alibaba. Did find this site though..Manufacture Clothing & Manufacturing Tshirts Promotional Products - Contact us here in Australia keep the search going!

Are they trustworthy? In the long if your products do well, they will know and may flood alibaba with similar products

I know your idea, your marketing and productocracy thingy will be unique.

Someone with with experience can throw light on this.

Thanks

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Are they trustworthy? In the long if your products do well, they will know and may flood alibaba with similar products

I know your idea, your marketing and productocracy thingy will be unique.

Someone with with experience can throw light on this.

Thanks
A very important issue. Manufacturemyproduct outsource all their business to Asian suppliers, including the one that they seem to favor that is in China.

The risk of a copycat product appearing on the market before you even see your prototype is a serious risk.

In your position I would prefer to source in Australia.

Walter

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
Thanks for the help guys. I have sourced a company in Queensland but first I have contact a family friend who is handy with the sewing machine. Make a rough prototype, and go from there.

If the prototype looks the goods, I think I'll get an initial batch mate locally before considering going Alibaba or the likes

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.