• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Custom Made Beanie?

Discussion in 'Product Creation, Inventing, Importing, Sourcing' started by Roughneck, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Roughneck

Roughneck Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $259
    Hi Everyone,

I've been searching through a few threads already and have had no luck. Looking for some guidance as I am new to the area of clothing for one of my latest ideas.

Through my current research, I have found a particular design of beanie non-existent in the market here in Australia. Similarly, with some research abroad - I am yet to find the same design.

The problem I am currently facing is to create the product, I need to remake a beanie from scratch - not just a simple print onto existing products. Who would be the best to contact to deal with this?

Sorry if this is a very simple question.

Regards,
    Andrew

AgainstAllOdds and Xeon like this.
  2. Xeon

Xeon All Cars Kneel Before Pagani. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,630
    I don't know about manufacturers in Australia, but you can either try Alibaba (China) or Makers' Row (USA).

3. Roughneck

Rep Bank:
    $259
  4. TonyStark

TonyStark I'm not dead yet Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,011
    Still waiting on some badass TFF beanies

5. Walter Hay

Walter Hay Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $68,912
    Manufacturemyproduct appear to be very capable. They say that they don't charge you any fees, but they don't do all that sourcing work for you out of the goodness of their hearts.

Most likely they receive commissions from the manufacturers of the fabric and the garments, as well as from the label and packaging suppliers and also the freight forwarders.

This means you need a fully itemized quote before you think of paying a deposit. Make sure it covers everything, even delivery to your door.

Walter

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Xeon likes this.
  6. Abood

Abood Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $149
    Are they trustworthy? In the long if your products do well, they will know and may flood alibaba with similar products

I know your idea, your marketing and productocracy thingy will be unique.

Someone with with experience can throw light on this.

Thanks

Roughneck, Xeon and Walter Hay like this.
  7. Walter Hay

Walter Hay Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $68,912
    A very important issue. Manufacturemyproduct outsource all their business to Asian suppliers, including the one that they seem to favor that is in China.

The risk of a copycat product appearing on the market before you even see your prototype is a serious risk.

In your position I would prefer to source in Australia.

Walter

Roughneck and Xeon like this.
  8. Roughneck

Rep Bank:
    $259
    Thanks for the help guys. I have sourced a company in Queensland but first I have contact a family friend who is handy with the sewing machine. Make a rough prototype, and go from there.

If the prototype looks the goods, I think I'll get an initial batch mate locally before considering going Alibaba or the likes

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Xeon likes this.
  9. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $66,882
    This is easy. All you have to do is find a supplier for the material you want, and then a factory that sews overseas to make it into a beanie.

Two steps.

Buy @Walter Hay 's book and then let me know if you need help with anything.

Roz, Walter Hay, DronePilot and 4 others like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.