The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a Custom Tailoring E-commerce Platform: Need Your Expert Advice!

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Husler8055

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 13, 2023
Hello Fastlane Forum Members,

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

I am embarking on a journey to create a bespoke clothing e-commerce platform similar to this one: Men Custom Suits & Custom Dress Shirts | Hockerty. The idea is to allow customers to fully customize their shirts and pants, picking not just the size, but also the material, color, design, and various other elements.

This customization will be quite detailed, which will certainly be a challenge in terms of both UI/UX and backend management. I am looking for a platform that can facilitate this intricate level of customization while also ensuring a smooth and enjoyable user experience.

While I have considered popular platforms such as Shopify and WooCommerce, I understand that my needs might be a bit more complex than what these platforms typically cater to. My concerns lie mainly in terms of providing a robust customization interface and managing the inventory for numerous permutations of the products.

From your experiences and insights, could you recommend a platform that could best cater to these requirements? Has anyone here worked on similar projects and could provide advice or resources that might be helpful? If there are platforms specifically designed for this sort of complex customization, I would love to hear about them.

Looking forward to your responses and learning from your experiences. Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Best regards,

Looking forward to your responses and learning from your experiences. Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Best regards,
James

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sebesto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 27, 2022
platforms such as Shopify and WooCommerce, I understand that my needs might be a bit more complex than what these platforms typically cater to. My concerns lie mainly in terms of providing a robust customization interface and managing the inventory for numerous permutations of the products.
I think it also a question of what libraries they are using. They are likely to be resorting to a robust framework such as React. A low-code option might be Webflow. Those might be the only alternatives, unfortunately, in this case. Hope that helps James.

BoydBuckles

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jun 15, 2023
Hi James,

From my experience as an UX designer I'd say this is best developed custom. So you have, in my opinion, three options:

- Learn how to design and code and bootstrap the MVP yourself. This will keep the financial investment low but will cost you a lot of 'ignorance debt' and time.
- Hire a designer and developer. This ensures a professional and streamlined product for front- and back-end, but will probably set you back about 10k in investment.
- A combination of the former two options (learn how to code or design yourself and delegate the other)

Hopefully this is an answer to your question. If you want any help with hiring the right people I would love to help out on the design and know some professionals for development depending on your exact needs and budget.

Kind regards,
Boyd

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.