The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Scofield

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 15, 2014
2000BTC trade volume on MINT in last 24 hours.

Market has gone just exploded in last 2 hours. I bought 6.5BTC's last night @35 and sold at around 54-55 today. Hit a peak of 64 I think.

Could spot some whales on this, 28BTC buy walls that kept creeping up every satoshi. It has calmed down a little, but it was very exciting to see this roller coaster in motion.

Bought 1BTC to trade on Craptsy.
Yeah, I sat and watched the peak. I bought in a bit more around 58 satoshis before or after the drop, I can't remember.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
So I left MINT with a fresh taste in my mouth and over 60 btc pure profit.

Such a great coin, massive potential but let's be honest, it's not going to go up 10 x like it did over the last few days.

1 day in crypto being the equivalent of 1 normal year :D

Free now to concentrate on my own projects.

Did somebody say RocketCoin? :)

Last edited:

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
Ok, well thank you sir......I will keep spinning and accruing and await further announcements. I love rocket rides.

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK

Such a great coin, massive potential but let's be honest, it's not going to go up 10 x like it did over the last few days.

Top man. Well done.

I'm freshly minted green with envy. (See what I did there!?!?)

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Where can rocketcoin be traded? Also, why rocketcoin vs any others?

I'll announce it when it is ready.

Rocketcoin will be the first SHA 3 with PoS as far as I know.

Custom wallet, block explorer, pool and exchange from day 1.

I may even do a little IPO just for people who come to my forum. (Which is also being built).

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
I'll announce it when it is ready.

Rocketcoin will be the first SHA 3 with PoS as far as I know.

Custom wallet, block explorer, pool and exchange from day 1.

I may even do a little IPO just for people who come to my forum. (Which is also being built).

Put me down for 2BTC.

Stridone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jan 13, 2012

I appreciate you sharing this stuff, but you said this yesterday:

I'm going long on MINT for now, especially as I'm building a website dedicated to attracting merchants to except it as payment.

What changed? Looks like a pump & dump this way (in which case I should probably take profits)

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
I got my ASIC block erupter cube today. Its a lot smaller than I expected, which is good, I was expecting a huge box. Not feeling to safe about having to jumper the power supply with a paper clip...think I'll dig up some jumper wires. It should be fun though. Its only 38 GH/s overclocked, but that's enough to be usable on some of these alt coins.

Ah and as I'm writing this, finally I got the updated CAGE coin wallet to build. I somehow found myself volunteering to fix it not realizing what I was walking into. These guys forked some really old version of something...I don't know what they did or how they even built it in the first place. But I'm on the case, and it is fixed :) To the moon!

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Well like I said a couple of posts up: 1 day in crypto can be like a year.

Another small thing, without going in to too much detail. I don't like having mine or somebody else's time and effort being wasted or under appreciated and I got that feeling today. It only takes something very small sometimes to offset the balance. That's life.

The mint founders still want the merchant lobbying website and will be paying for me to do that. Of course they are shocked that I left in such a hurry and I apologised for the sudden departure and gave an explanation etc etc.

It's got a great future, no doubt about it.... But I really do have other commitments that I shouldn't ignore.

There was no pump and dump from me... I just contributed, ended up getting flooded with work and decided to get out now rather than become extremely tied down to something that is not really my own.

Stridone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jan 13, 2012

Another small thing, without going in to too much detail. I don't like having mine or somebody else's time and effort being wasted or under appreciated and I got that feeling today. It only takes something very small sometimes to offset the balance. That's life.

The mint founders still want the merchant lobbying website and will be paying for me to do that. Of course they are shocked that I left in such a hurry and I apologised for the sudden departure and gave an explanation etc etc.

It's got a great future, no doubt about it.... But I really do have other commitments that I shouldn't ignore.

There was no pump and dump from me... I just contributed, ended up getting flooded with work and decided to get out now rather than become extremely tied down to something that is not really my own.

I can understand that, but why dump all your coins if you believe it has a great future?

Ah well, pump and dump or not, I made a nice profit and will keep a close eye on this thread.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I can understand that, but why dump all your coins if you believe it has a great future?

Ah well, pump and dump or not, I made a nice profit and will keep a close eye on this thread.

I said it earlier. It's not going to do 10 X profit in a few days ever again.

Scofield

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 15, 2014
I said it earlier. It's not going to do 10 X profit in a few days ever again.
If it won't do 10X profit, what do you think it will do in week 5 and then in week 6, and going further ahead?

Week 5 = 72 satoshis?
Week 6 = 80 satoshis?
Week 7 = 85 satoshis?
Week 8 = 50 satoshis?

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
I appreciate you sharing this stuff, but you said this yesterday:

What changed? Looks like a pump & dump this way (in which case I should probably take profits)

Alty's perogative I'd say. Sometimes you just gotta follow your gut.

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK

Guys get on the rocketship! Alty has changed his profile pic. Lol.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
If it won't do 10X profit, what do you think it will do in week 5 and then in week 6, and going further ahead?

Week 5 = 72 satoshis?
Week 6 = 80 satoshis?
Week 7 = 85 satoshis?
Week 8 = 50 satoshis?

I would not be surprised if it became a 100 sat + coin even 200 +.

Infact if it doesn't, I'll be damned and it'll be because something disastrous is in the protocol but I already got a second opinion on that and it looks fine at first glance. We didn't get to run it through testnet however.

But anyway in terms of trading. If it / when it goes 100 sats. That is 2 X today's price with a risk it doesn't happen and actually falls.

Whereas I could find a small coin right now, put much less bitcoin into it and aim for 5 X or 10 X : Less stress for me and still get to keep many btcs safe or into fiat and into my bank.

Stridone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jan 13, 2012
I would not be surprised if it became a 100 sat + coin even 200 +.

Infact if it doesn't, I'll be damned and it'll be because something disastrous is in the protocol but I already got a second opinion on that and it looks fine at first glance. We didn't get to run it through testnet however.

But anyway in terms of trading. If it / when it goes 100 sats. That is 2 X today's price with a risk it doesn't happen and actually falls.

Whereas I could find a small coin right now, put much less bitcoin into it and aim for 5 X or 10 X : Less stress for me and still get to keep many btcs safe or into fiat and into my bank.

Are you just aiming for RocketCoin right now or are there other interesting coins on the horizon?

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Are you just aiming for RocketCoin right now or are there other interesting coins on the horizon?

Rocketcoin is something I am building with another member and we have to test the hell out of it to avoid any issues and have a smooth liftoff... I mean launch. :D

You may want to check out CAGE right now. It might do something over the next 24hrs buy support is building for it over at MintPal.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
The thing with these coins is it is basically pure gambling. Personally I haven't put a single penny of "real" fiat money into it. I started off small time mining Quark on the right side of its huge take off, mined DOGE right from launch, etc. and I just mine to keep capitalizing myself and trade otherwise and launch my own coins. I think you guys who are throwing real money into this are totally crazy, but that's just me :D

I would advise anyone to do your due diligence into any coin, particularly from the technical side. If you don't understand it, ask someone who does to have a look for you. There are experienced guys out there putting quality code out, and then there are the high school kids and college kids who are putting out scary stuff. Code based on really old versions of bitcoin etc. The first thing I do when I start getting interested in a coin is go to github and read through their source code and look for common issues, make sure its not a ticking time bomb.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.