The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Are we seeing a Doge-like market cap in the future? :D

How often is interest/inflation paid on an offline wallet for MINT?

I'm not ruling it out. We've got a 'real world' name, not based on a meme, giving us a more credible marketing angle.

Every 20 days.

20 percent first year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
I'm not ruling it out. We've got a 'real world' name, not based on a meme, giving us a more credible marketing angle.

Every 20 days.

20 percent first year.
Actually, branding possibilities are insane on this coin. The word mint has so many uses.

The coins aren't paying interest ATM thought, right? There's like a 5 week mining period and then it switches over to proof of stake/interest payable every 20 days at 20%/18.25 periods?

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
If you don't like making money, don't buy MINT!

It's going to explode.... I already said it once before.

Just trust me... I'll put my money where my mouth is and refund any losses from you regular fastlane posters if it doesn't.

Buy in price right now is 15 sats... You lose anything lower than that in 4 weeks time from now and you get fully refunded. My word is my crypto.

Alty, I have faith in your opinion.

I'm putting in 4BTC.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I'll cover your losses below 15 satoshis, you have my word on that. You must give it 4 to 5 weeks.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Very funny :p
On another note, do you think I can jump on board as the OSX wallet dev or do you guys already have one?

Will find out if that is needed and get back to you!

Scofield

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 15, 2014
between $0 and $15000 :p
$0? On Gox maybe. $15,000 will probably come about after that particular and specific cell phone infrastructure for BTC goes live and some more ETFs kick in. I sure hope that cell phone infrastructure for BTC isn't a lie because that would mean big things for BTC and it's price.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
SHA ASICs are cheap right now :) I'm kinda bored of scrypt coins. I like the quiet operation of the asics. I get to sit in my basement in the dark coding coins and watch all the blinky lights and whatnot.

People are going nuts tonight over TIPS on IRC. I guess it had an unexpected breakout to the upside tonight.

I tried mining Continuum overnight last night... Coinwarz keeps telling me its the most profitable coin, but I'm just not seeing it, esp after reading about there being a huge coin supply. Going to have to double check Coinwarz's math. I did not get very many coins, maybe 150,000, which is nothing when there are 90 billion!

So I switched to mining TEA for now. Its down the bottom of the list on Coinwarz, but seems to be a lot more profitable just based on direct observation. Will check after a day and see how it does.

Scofield

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 15, 2014
SHA ASICs are cheap right now :) I'm kinda bored of scrypt coins. I like the quiet operation of the asics. I get to sit in my basement in the dark coding coins and watch all the blinky lights and whatnot.
I hear ASICs are cool and quiet, but still running up $10K for 3TH/s doesn't seem too profitable especially with the difficulty run up.
People are going nuts tonight over TIPS on IRC. I guess it had an unexpected breakout to the upside tonight.

I tried mining Continuum overnight last night... Coinwarz keeps telling me its the most profitable coin, but I'm just not seeing it, esp after reading about there being a huge coin supply. Going to have to double check Coinwarz's math. I did not get very many coins, maybe 150,000, which is nothing when there are 90 billion!

So I switched to mining TEA for now. Its down the bottom of the list on Coinwarz, but seems to be a lot more profitable just based on direct observation. Will check after a day and see how it does.
They have TEA as an altcoin now? What will they think of next, COF?

Milk? Orange Juice? Colacoin?

Really, it should be what words haven't been used to name an altcoin.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Those TIPS sell walls got eaten alive, that was unreal. I didn't think it'd comeback so fast.

24,000 LTC volume on Cryptsy!

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Just withdrew some BTC from MintPal, confirmed email etc and it disappeared in thin air.

Nothing in withdrawal history and nothing on the blockchain.

Submitted a support ticket and waiting on a response. Such fun :(

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Gone are the good days:

Here is a letter I just got from Bitstamp in relation to my last withdrawal. Such sad, it used to be so much simpler.

We received your withdrawal request. As your withdrawal request met some of our volume and frequency thresholds, we will have to kindly ask you to help us better understand the nature of your relationship with Bitstamp. In order to do so, we require that an additional KYC (know your customer) procedure is completed before we can proceed with the processing of your transfer.

We kindly ask you to send us a high resolution image double page of your international passport and answer the following KYC questionnaire:

1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. The purpose of trading on Bitstamp?
3. What is the origin of the deposited Bitcoins? If mining, please specify your hardware specifications and submit a receipt or an invoice for your mining equipment.
4. What are your future plans and activities planned on our exchange?
5. Do you plan more withdrawals in the future?
6. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.
7. What is the source of the funds which you are depositing to your Bitstamp account? Please provide any financial documentation which can confirm how the funds sent to your Bitstamp account were acquired.

We kindly ask you to submit your answers and documents in a reply to this ticket.

I am not sure what the laws are in Slovenia, but U.S. Banks and Exchanges operating in the U.S. have to comply to the AML-KYC regulations. (Anti-Money Laundering / Know Your Customer). This should be done at sign up. It's possible that Bitstamp did not comply with the regulations from the start or possible "new regulations" and have been asked to ask these questions. Just like anything that is ever good, the governments need to step in and make laws to control every aspect of your life. Whether we like this or not, it's not Bitstamp's fault, just the regulations they need to abide by in order to be an exchange. :(

D

Deleted21703

Anyone know why TIPS went mad?
Seeing as we just launched some new features weeks before the competition and have started to advertise a little more, I would say that certain people are buying up massive amounts so they can control the market when new money enters.

*Edit - Alty, I've already doubled my holdings with MINT. Should I cash out now or do you believe it has more headroom for growth?

Last edited by a moderator:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I'm going long on MINT for now, especially as I'm building a website dedicated to attracting merchants to except it as payment.

However, you guys should take profit whenever you're happy with what you've earned. Profit is profit. If some of you have already doubled, you could always get back your buy in price by selling half then you can relax knowing it's all profit, up to you. I personally am holding through the next phase of block reward halving and into the PoS transitional phase; keeping a close eye on the latter part.

@ MystPhysX - Spoke to the main devs and you are welcome to work as the OSX wallet dev if you like and you got the skills, I can organise a bounty for you if you do a good job, let me know. They said it needs an update.

jds1000

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 22, 2014
Holding my Mint. Waiting for the aggressive POS to kick in.

Do people here like giveaways? That's my thing right now... This is my blog full of coin giveaways mostly being promoted by miners and the coin developers to gain momentum in the coin and the altcoin community.

Here's the giveaway blog. www.cryptosandwich.com Subscribe in the upper right hand corner - I've been updating it everyday.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Holding my Mint. Waiting for the aggressive POS to kick in.

Do people here like giveaways? That's my thing right now... This is my blog full of coin giveaways mostly being promoted by miners and the coin developers to gain momentum in the coin and the altcoin community.

Here's the giveaway blog. www.cryptosandwich.com Subscribe in the upper right hand corner - I've been updating it everyday.

Welcome to the fastlane forum.

Will check that out.

Giveaways are great promotional tools, as you know ;)

ttoke

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 10, 2013
MINT is not the most profitable coin to mine right now, but I will do it anyway, expecting the value go up in next 30 days.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.