The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
In other news:

I'm back with the mint team as their project manager. Yes, WTF?

Long story short, we are going to work on our communication to avoid any more circumstances like something that took place yesterday between myself and the founder.

As long as we don't have serious internal issues, I'm back with them for the long term.

Just going to have to establish a team where I can delegate out various tasks, as much as possible; sleep is already disturbed enough!

SUCH MINT
SUCH ROCKET
SUCH BITCOIN

Hey Alty, just fired an email off to the MINT team.

Given my background (legal), thought I might get involved with the commercial contracts. Thought that if you are involved, it must be worth getting into.

Also, bought back into mint @ 41.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scofield

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Feb 15, 2014
Just got my parts and built my frame. Waiting on my usb risers to arrive tomorrow and I should have another 2.9 mhash (4x 280x) at my disposal from my first mining rig!

PRH4LFw.jpg

fTYN1Gf.jpg

Also. Has anyone checked out Aircoin? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=476383.0

Not listed on any exchanges yet but if estimations/predictions are right then might be quite profitable to mine right now.
Nice set up. You made a good choice in PSU, I use the same one. I got my rack from highspeedPC, it isn't made of metal, so less risk of shorting or destroying any parts.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Hey Alty, just fired an email off to the MINT team.

Given my background (legal), thought I might get involved with the commercial contracts. Thought that if you are involved, it must be worth getting into.

Also, bought back into mint @ 41.

Good initiative, we could use as many hands on deck as possible.

Did you use the yahoo address from btctalk?

If you don't hear back from them, just send me an email thealty@hotmail.com

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Hey Alty, I did it via the official Mint website enquiry form.

Ok, I directed that form to the founders email address. I'll check with them.

Last edited:

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
Big night tonight, I believe MINT will undergo its first block halving. Also, anyone been paid their interest yet?

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
I was gonna suggest donating BTC to his opponent, but he isn't up for re-election.....lol

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
Are they gonna ban Home Depot gift cards (another favored laundering method of the druggers) too?

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
AuroraCoin -> SCAM or REVOLUTION?

"Auroracoin is a cryptocurrency for Iceland. 21.000.000 coins, block reward 25. It is based on litecoin and is 50% premined. The premined coins will be distributed to the entire population of Iceland, commencing on midnight 25th of March 2014."

Auroracoin.png
Auroracoin$ 94,837,526$ 8.9610,587,901 AUR

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
AuroraCoin -> SCAM or REVOLUTION?

"Auroracoin is a cryptocurrency for Iceland. 21.000.000 coins, block reward 25. It is based on litecoin and is 50% premined. The premined coins will be distributed to the entire population of Iceland, commencing on midnight 25th of March 2014."

Auroracoin.png
Auroracoin$ 94,837,526$ 8.9610,587,901 AUR
Honestly, of all the coins I've seen, I like this one for some reason. I'm debating if I should pick up more than the 10 coins I already have or try to get in on the "airdrop." I wonder how they'll be able to ensure that you're Icelandic or not.

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Honestly, of all the coins I've seen, I like this one for some reason. I'm debating if I should pick up more than the 10 coins I already have or try to get in on the "airdrop." I wonder how they'll be able to ensure that you're Icelandic or not.
this coin is big risk. u could win big or lose big. i bought a tiny bit when i saw someone was pumping and quickly sold out.

as for airdrop, it could all be lies they are telling. but if the Icelandic citizens do actually receive it, i am guessing most of them will liquidate it into cash, because most people like instant gratification, and its free money!! but overall, it would be a good thing for all cryptos, as more people will know about it, and a portion of those people will actually invest in cryptos.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
this coin is big risk. u could win big or lose big. i bought a tiny bit when i saw someone was pumping and quickly sold out.

as for airdrop, it could all be lies they are telling. but if the Icelandic citizens do actually receive it, i am guessing most of them will liquidate it into cash, because most people like instant gratification, and its free money!! but overall, it would be a good thing for all cryptos, as more people will know about it, and a portion of those people will actually invest in cryptos.
I picked up 10 @ 0.05BTC. I'll just hold for the time being.

It's actually one of the few coins in line with the concept from which BTC was born. BTC is becoming very corporate/commercialized. I don't want to use BTC to buy a bath towel; I want to be able to store wealth in BTC so if there is a panic in my country, rather than swallowing rubies, I have at least one avenue of wealth transfer open to me.

I saw some interesting posts on Bitcoin Talk discussing how they use stamps in China as a form of bribe/wealth transfer. That seems to be an area a coin should target. Even at a more legitimate level, I'd like to see just one or two 3rd (or even 2nd or 1st) world countries adopt a cryptocurrency and see what happens.

D

Deleted21703

What's happening to MINT? The 24 hour volume is going down quite fast and there is very little buy support.

Last edited by a moderator:

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
What's happening to MINT? The 24 hour volume is going down quite fast and there is very little buy support.

I get the impression that blackcoin is happening to mint, allot of users seem to be going over to that because it features PoS and no premine and is newer (looking to repeat the success of mintcoin). However even blackcoin is not holding out very well so, just a general downtrend after buyers have already filled their pockets. Mint still didn't go sub 30 satoshis which is quite impressive.

I expect there are allot of day traders profiting from the rises and falls of MINT atm.

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
MINT is taking a nasty hit. I re-bought in at 41 sats for roughly 9BTC. At 31 sats, I'm losing 25% (on paper).

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
The only thing I regret when it does this is not selling higher and buying lower to increase holdings.

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
The only thing I regret when it does this is not selling higher and buying lower to increase holdings.

Risky play though, if it starts going up after you bought then you will be kicking yourself!

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
Might buy some more, just waiting for BTC to arrive! I'm in it for the long haul, let's see what happens.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Anybody aware of more comprehensive coin portfolio tools than CoinFinance and Cryptfolio.info? I need one that covers more coins :D

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
I am assuming that the reason for the price drop is because pool miners are dumping (given that MINT is profitable) as soon as they find blocks. They are not holding because they are after easy profit. This in turn is driving the price down. People see the low prices and (the weaker hands) are selling.

There is no logical reason as to why the price is going down. The block reward is halving (or already has - haven't checked this) and will not be available to mine in a few weeks.

We saw what happened to UNO prices.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Here is something I just posted in the MINT thread bitcointalk.

We are working hard on a merchant acceptance website right now.

It is called MintStart

We are doing allot of work on SEO to target people new to cryptocurrencies and mini sites are being built to bring in organic traffic.

There are translators getting the site into several different languages (chinese being one of them).

So please let me assure you that we are doing our bit to contribute towards development and mainstream acceptance.

Afterall, this coin is still only a baby and we are trying to give it a healthy environment to grow up in. It needs to be nurtured and loved etc
cheesy.gif

D

Deleted21703

Anybody aware of more comprehensive coin portfolio tools than CoinFinance and Cryptfolio.info? I need one that covers more coins :D
I don't really use anything else but you can request coins on CoinFinance, they add them pretty quickly in my experience.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Auroracoin.png
Auroracoin$ 376,275,312$ 35.5310,589,901 AUR$ 334,525+811.57 % (overtaken litecoin).

A chinese whale miner I keep in contact with on skype told me to look at this coin 4 days ago...

I did but I didn't do anything more than look....

I could of been a millionaire if I bought in when he mentioned, sometimes it is best not to hesitate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.