The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Credit Card Processing

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Apto-

We want you to automate our site. However, there is a general concern as to privacy and security when it comes to the merchant services acct. What we are hoping to accomplish is that someone will be able to book, pay and then receive an email confirming their reservation- seamlessly online. ...I am assuming that we would need to give you all our password info- right?

Yves,

Not at all!!! Me the developer would never see any of your clients sensitive information.

The client would go to your site, choose their cabin, then choose the date, and any other information. They place their credit card information in a secure area, then it will be passed to your merchant via your gateway for authorization. If their credit card is authorized they will be sent an email with their confirmation.

At no point should you or ANYONE see their credit card information, it is all 128bit encrypted all the way to the bank.

We can make this process seamless for you and your clients if you still wanted to proceed with what we had talked about.We can even still use your design/layout/images, just integrate the billing/booking system.

Thanks
Tom

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I would HIGHLY recommend Authorize.net & Bank Merchant Account combo. I have never received a late payment from them and there online rates are awesome, I started at 2.4% and now am at 2.1%. They only have a $10 monthly gateway fee, plus transaction fees, and the support is awesome.

Highly recommended

Tom C.
www.aptohosting.com

Just called Wells fargo which came recommended as a merchant account with authorize.net. They gave me the same rate for internet companies 2.4% + 31 cents a transaction. and a 31 dollar a month fee (!) plus $99 set up but waived if you have a bank account with them. Unfortunatly there are no local wells fargos so i will keep my exsisting business accounts with a local bank.

I then called BB&T to check rates, i sat on the phone for 20 mins till someone picked up then i was informed they couldnt give out any information that i had to talk to a local consultant. Well, why dont you list their name and number on your site instead of letting me waste my time! Sounds like a bad start to new buisness! Those were the only two B&M banks that i recognized on Autorize.net's website. Id rather not use someone i dont know holding up my money for some reason then dissappearing!

A.Net also verifys your website for return policeies and what not on a regular basis. This so far is the only information i have gathered but i felt it would be helpful for others, the rtes and charges may vary from person to person however.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Authorize.net has one issue with a timed out transaction. I had it happen twice to me so far. I did a google search and found that this issue has been around since 2003! Sort of disappointing that its not fixed or resolved yet.

czach41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Oct 11, 2007
Denver
Hey MJ, I am very curious to know how your merchant account with Costco has been. On Sept. 23rd, 2007 you said that you switched to them. We are making a list of possible merchant accounts and gateways to use, and Costco's rates are very attractive to us. However, Russ warned against them raising their rates for various reasons throughout his tenure using them. If you wouldn't mind, how have you been treated by the Costco merchant account, and would you recommend them?

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
Did you guys know that merchant accounts have two different types of fee systems... (I did not) a 3 tier pricing system versus an interchange pricing system. Your decision on which type to have is based on the type of credit cards that your customers use. read this article,it might save your business money

Merchant Account Fee Secrets Explained

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.