The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating a Successful YouTube Channel in the Business/Finance Niche

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

nothingness

I make great coffee
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Mar 3, 2021
UK
@AubreyJ There's a typo in "masterclass" on your YT banner link thingy
CqI5THI.png

WellWallet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Mar 6, 2019
THANK YOU so much for documenting your journey! This thread has certainly given me encouragement for my own youtube channel in the Personal Finance niche. (My channel here )

1. Don't compare - I have about 7,500 subscribers and have been at this for 7 years. I post consistently once a week and make about $100 per month. The CPMs are pretty decent, but some people are making way more I am and a few are making less. I try not to get bogged down in comparison, but it's good to know that that there is potential in this niche.

2. KEEP IT MOVING! - This is probably my biggest lesson and my biggest challenge. I know that the key is to keep moving. Try new things, fail quick, don't get stuck in the "consideration" phase, just get an idea up and running.

3. Branch out - don't put all my hope in one bucket and don't get stuck on my idea of what I "want" to work and instead, look at what's actually working.

I can't wait for your next update!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
637%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Wow, I appreciate all the kind words! I have certainly been trying to figure out what sticks (and also what I enjoy doing) over the last 10+ years.

I LOVE this forum, and it is one of the only places on the internet where I have documented rather consistently the trials and errors of my career - I joined this forum when I was 20, I just recently turned 28 and I think it's really easy to look at what you are doing now and forget about how much you tried that failed (in my case many of which has been documented on this forum).

- I tried to create an app and failed (there is a thread somewhere about that)
- I opened a franchise and it was one of the hardest things I ever did but also one of the biggest lessons (there is also a thread somewhere on this as well)
- I tried to create an online community around franchising and failed
...the list truly goes on and on and on.

I guess what I am trying to get at is there are a lot of teens and people in their early 20's in this community and it feels like just yesterday I was also a part of that group (crazy to think I am nearing 30) but the important part of this journey is to just keep trying. If you fail, evaluate why you failed, pivot, adjust and then get back at it.

Consistently showing up for yourself in whatever you are wanting to accomplish is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of success. Also execution - far too many people talk about what they are wanting to accomplish without actually doing anything - action faking will be the demise of your success.

I guess while I am here I can give a brief update since it has been a few months since my last one.

Life has been really good - I have been really in hustle mode the last 2 years trying to build my streams of income and the work is paying off - here is sort of the highlight reel

- My fiance and partner of 7 years quit his job over the Summer to help me with the business full time, he has since taken over the rental/peer-to-peer sharing part of the business - We have 17 vehicles spread across multiple platforms.
- My YouTube channel is currently sitting at 73k subs - I switched up my content over the summer and also changed the frequency in which I post (went from 7 days per week to 3 days per week) and I saw a pretty significant hit in performance with this change, but that was to be expected. I since have found my stride and the channel stats are ticking back up again. I wanted to hit 100k subs by the end of the year, I doubt that will happen but that's okay, I am happy with the progress.
- I started a second channel with my fiance - this channel is a vlog channel, it has been going well.
- My online courses are doing far better than I expected, the goal was to make $10k from these in 2021, and I will pass $50k in revenue for these - an income source that is almost entirely passive.

I am averaging about $25k-$30k in month across all my revenue streams.

If anyone has any questions about YouTube or how to get started I would love to help answer any questions - I have not been doing a good job about checking in on this thread but will try to pop in once a week at least.
This is an awesome thread and update. Was awesome to see you grow at such a rapid pace.

Something that would be hugely beneficial for me and others to see in this thread is --

Can you clarify what you have been doing for your online courses? How do you market them - and what do you offer? How do you find customers for your courses, is it purely through your youtube channel or do you have other ways you have been promoting them? What all went into creating the courses and how fast were you able to put those together?

Perhaps this is all detailed in one of your videos.

It sounds like they (the courses you offer) have exceeded any and all of your expectations of how well they did, and it'd be great (if you can and willing to do so) - to share the knowledge of what worked and did not work for you in that facet of business.

Great job!!!

EdenTan

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 27, 2022
Over $100k sub now!! Incredible and thanks for sharing at here!

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
Amazing thread! I can only imagine the hard work needed to upload videos 3 times a week!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.