The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Copywriting books

Rod bolts

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
May 7, 2015
Gulf Coast
I have a product idea and want to test the market but I need some help learning copy. I'm planning on setting up a shopify page and doing targeted ads towards my niche. I'm going to use another member's approach (forget the username) and sell the items (without having stock) then refund them while blaming it on an inventory error then collect their email and offer a discount on the future order. Once I know the market's demand then I'll order and run the campaign again with the product or move on. Anyways I'm looking for some books to help me learn copywriting. I've subscribed to @SinisterLex youtube page and just joined his facebook group. I'm working my way through his great write ups when I have time to be on the computer. I'd like to find something I can listen to a podcast or audiobook while working my slowlane job. Thanks in advance love what you guys do here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
I have a product idea and want to test the market but I need some help learning copy. I'm planning on setting up a shopify page and doing targeted ads towards my niche. I'm going to use another member's approach (forget the username) and sell the items (without having stock) then refund them while blaming it on an inventory error then collect their email and offer a discount on the future order. Once I know the market's demand then I'll order and run the campaign again with the product or move on. Anyways I'm looking for some books to help me learn copywriting. I've subscribed to @SinisterLex youtube page and just joined his facebook group. I'm working my way through his great write ups when I have time to be on the computer. I'd like to find something I can listen to a podcast or audiobook while working my slowlane job. Thanks in advance love what you guys do here.

I'm using the following Udemy course: https://www.udemy.com/copywriting-secrets/

And then there's always the popular Ca$hvertising.

Rod bolts

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
May 7, 2015
Gulf Coast
I'm using the following Udemy course: https://www.udemy.com/copywriting-secrets/

And then there's always the popular Ca$hvertising.

I actually read the post you made about that course when searching the fourm. I'll check out Ca$vertising and see if they have an audio book avaliable too. Do you like the udemy course so far? How are the lectures set up, is it more interactive or just some guy talking into a camera? I'm currently taking the udemy course @Fox recommend for learning html and really like it so far. Thanks again.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
see if they have an audio book

Audio books are great but when you are discussing writing, and specifically reference books on writing (or reference books in general), you will get MUCH more out of owning a physical copy.

I couldn't even imagine trying to slog through cashvertising in audio form, let alone trying to go back and reference examples in audio form.

It's one of the few books that sits on my desk that gets opened and referred to regularly when I do copywriting. I flip around the book back and forth, reading this part and that and taking tidbits and inspiration from all over. I think I'd pull my hair out rewinding and fast forwarding all over the damn place to do that as an audio file, then trying to listen and remember everything being said - it just seems insane. Reference books aren't stories - their value comes from being able to reference them for specific information as required quickly and efficiently.

Rod bolts

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
May 7, 2015
Gulf Coast
Audio books are great but when you are discussing writing, and specifically reference books on writing (or reference books in general), you will get MUCH more out of owning a physical copy.

I couldn't even imagine trying to slog through cashvertising in audio form, let alone trying to go back and reference examples in audio form.

It's one of the few books that sits on my desk that gets opened and referred to regularly when I do copywriting. I flip around the book back and forth, reading this part and that and taking tidbits and inspiration from all over. I think I'd pull my hair out rewinding and fast forwarding all over the damn place to do that as an audio file, then trying to listen and remember everything being said - it just seems insane. Reference books aren't stories - their value comes from being able to reference them for specific information as required quickly and efficiently.

Very true. I'll order a copy today.

thinkandgrowrich

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Nov 29, 2016
Listen, I'm going to give you the books and resources you need to become an elite copywriter. The sources originate from the masters of copywriting, the forefathers who have given us all the formulas and laws necessary to be able to get results and influence people with the might of the pen.

This knowledge will weaponize you and could potentially turn you into a copywriting juggernaut if you chose to implement it. Beware, there is a difference between having knowledge and being able to implement this knowledge and executing your ideas. They are two completely different battles but the fundamental approaches remain the same.

Imagine comfortably sitting at home in your pajamas and spending one hour writing a sales letter, creating an ad, or making headlines and realizing that this piece of work can make you so much money. Don't believe me? Read about the copywriting and advertising greats, David Ogilvy lived in a castle and Gary Halbert made millions of dollars off one single sales letter.

Over the past few months I have spent more than a 1,000 hours reading and listening to everything regarding advertising, copywriting, and the psychology of consumers. However, I cannot claim to be a master (yet) because I have yet to execute these ideas and this knowledge, but that is and will happen very soon.

So take note, in no particular order these are the books you should read;

- Tested Advertising Methods
- The Science of Advertising
- Ogilvy on Advertising
- Cashvertising
- The Ultimate Sales Letters
- The Boron Letters
- Breakthrough Advertising
- Influence: Why and How People Agree to Things
- Pitch Anything

Books I Have Not Read Yet But Plan On Reading:
- The Robert Collier Letterbook
- Zig Ziglar's Secrets on Closing the Sale
- You Can Negotiate Anything

Look up videos of David Ogilvy and Gary Halbert, google successful examples of copywriting and advertisments and see what qualities they all share. Look up E Haldeman Julius, this man sold a 100 million books through direct mail marketing. Look up Gary Halbert's newsletters.

Observe and go through any advertising you can get your hands on, listen to commercials, look at magazines, ask yourself how are they trying to persuade me?

Good luck, this shit is fun.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Listen, I'm going to give you the books and resources you need to become an elite copywriter. The sources originate from the masters of copywriting, the forefathers who have given us all the formulas and laws necessary to be able to get results and influence people with the might of the pen.

This knowledge will weaponize you and could potentially turn you into a copywriting juggernaut if you chose to implement it. Beware, there is a difference between having knowledge and being able to implement this knowledge and executing your ideas. They are two completely different battles but the fundamental approaches remain the same.

Imagine comfortably sitting at home in your pajamas and spending one hour writing a sales letter, creating an ad, or making headlines and realizing that this piece of work can make you so much money. Don't believe me? Read about the copywriting and advertising greats, David Ogilvy lived in a castle and Gary Halbert made millions of dollars off one single sales letter.

Over the past few months I have spent more than a 1,000 hours reading and listening to everything regarding advertising, copywriting, and the psychology of consumers. However, I cannot claim to be a master (yet) because I have yet to execute these ideas and this knowledge, but that is and will happen very soon.

- Ogilvy on Advertising
- Cashvertising
- The Boron Letters
- Pitch Anything

Look up videos of David Ogilvy and Gary Halbert, google successful examples of copywriting and advertisments and see what qualities they all share. Look up E Haldeman Julius, this man sold a 100 million books through direct mail marketing. Look up Gary Halbert's newsletters.

Observe and go through any advertising you can get your hands on, listen to commercials, look at magazines, ask yourself how are they trying to persuade me?

Lol, good copy @thinkandgrowrich

Rod bolts

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
May 7, 2015
Gulf Coast

- Ogilvy on Advertising
- Cashvertising
- The Boron Letters
- Pitch Anything

@thinkandgrowrich Good work. I could feel my inner consumer saying shut up and take my money.

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
I actually read the post you made about that course when searching the fourm. I'll check out Ca$vertising and see if they have an audio book avaliable too. Do you like the udemy course so far? How are the lectures set up, is it more interactive or just some guy talking into a camera? I'm currently taking the udemy course @Fox recommend for learning html and really like it so far. Thanks again.

I like it. It fits my learning style better than Ca$hvertising.

I don't think I mentioned that particular course before. I'm also participating in a course/mastermind group by @SinisterLex . I've mentioned that one before. I recommend looking up his 2 gold threads in this forum as well and reading through them.

Rod bolts

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
May 7, 2015
Gulf Coast
I like it. It fits my learning style better than Ca$hvertising.

I don't think I mentioned that particular course before. I'm also participating in a course/mastermind group by @SinisterLex . I've mentioned that one before. I recommend looking up his 2 gold threads in this forum as well and reading through them.
I'm already doing that. I love @SinisterLex and @Andy Black posts and recommendations. I'm going to listen to their conversation they recorded and read there posts. Thanks for the help guys. I know my product will do great, I just have to market it properly. Once I get rolling I'll make a progress thread because they've helped me see the process.

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US
If I had to pick ONE

41WmHsmA52L._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US
Never heard of it - can you give the elevator pitch for it?

It's the only book you need if want a simple, systematic method of writing effective marketing material (and "auditing" your existing marketing). It's short, to the point, and you can literally implement while reading.

ba1.jpg
ba2.jpg

ba3.jpg

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads