The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

BOOK A list of great copywriting books!

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

TheWriter

New Contributor
Jan 24, 2020
A cool place
It's a shame that this forum's Official Book Recommendation page doesn't have a single copywriting book listed. ( Cashversting is not a copywriting book strictly speaking)

Let's make our own list.

So,What is your favorite Copywriting book?

For me it's "The Copywriter's Handbook" by Robert W.Bly. It covers the basics very well.

What about you guys?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
For me it's "The Copywriter's Handbook" by Robert W.Bly. It covers the basics very well.
I liked that one.

Breakthrough Advertising was a little trickier to digest, but it seems to be the Bible of copywriting.

Scientific Advertising I remember being short and to the point, but I don't remember much else about it. Maybe time for a re-read.

Bly seems to beright down the middle.

BizyDad

Know Thyself
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Strategery

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jun 25, 2019
Ca$hvertising, though it doesn't only focus on copy

NMdad

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
I liked that one.

Breakthrough Advertising was a little trickier to digest, but it seems to be the Bible of copywriting.

Scientific Advertising I remember being short and to the point, but I don't remember much else about it. Maybe time for a re-read.

Bly seems to beright down the middle.
Upvote for Breakthrough Advertising.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Black_Dragon43

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 28, 2017
Eastern Europe
It's a shame that this forum's Official Book Recommendation page doesn't have a single copywriting book listed. ( Cashversting is not a copywriting book strictly speaking)

Let's make our own list.

So,What is your favorite Copywriting book?

What about you guys?
Apart from the ones mentioned, Web Copy That Sells is also great for online copywriting, though some of the tactics are a bit outdated.

knowledgebeast

New Contributor
Sep 22, 2019
Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland
Breakthrough Advertising is phenomenal. The language is a bit dense, but I think every copywriter can benefit a lot re-reading it from time to time. Each time you're gonna pick-up something new and deepen your understanding of how to channel mass desires towards your product.
If you have time to read all the Gary Halbert letters on his website it's a great way to get in the mind of copywriter, and he has some excellent advice.
How To Write A Good Advertisement by Charles Schwab is good also.
But again Breakthough Advertising is the best I've read. He's really good at explaining the art of copywriting and if it's the only book you read on the subject it should be this one.

Tourmaline

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Hey Whipple Squeeze This is a classic must read.

Champion

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Would also be interesting if anyone has any recommendations for this based on the german market? Germans often say that US sales copy is way too pushy and doesnt work on them... although... im not sure lol.

There deffinetly are differences. Would love to hear some book recomendations if there are any experienced German copywriters here!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Thanks for sharing. I want a course to optimize for other than Google engines.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock