The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Copywriter for hire

Tanday

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Nov 11, 2020
If you are in need of copy for product description and website copy

Massage me and lets have a quick chat?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You've paid for this ad which is why I don't understand how you expect anyone to hire you based on one poorly constructed sentence.

Why should someone hire you?
What work have you already done?

You put no effort into this offer, why should I expect you to put an effort into my job?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
You've paid for this ad which is why I don't understand how you expect anyone to hire you based on one poorly constructed sentence.

You put no effort into this offer, why should I expect you to put an effort into my job?

OP is apparently a copywriter but didn't write copy to sell himself lol

Tanday

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Nov 11, 2020

that's true, I'll look into it....and thanks.
it's comforting to see you're active in the forum..

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Massage me and lets have a quick chat?

Is English your first language?

- If not maybe post up what other languages you would be able to work in.

- If it is I highly suggest Grammarly or Google docs to spellcheck all posts.
I am dyslexic so I make quite a few spelling mistakes and both help a lot.

Also it seems maybe copywriting isn't your main area but maybe you can help people with other forms of writing - transcribing etc. Maybe post up some options.

Wish you all the best.
It is a tough lesson but you got to be able to sell yourself before you can sell for someone else.

Tanday

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Nov 11, 2020
Is English your first language?

- If not maybe post up what other languages you would be able to work in.

- If it is I highly suggest Grammarly or Google docs to spellcheck all posts.
I am dyslexic so I make quite a few spelling mistakes and both help a lot.

Also it seems maybe copywriting isn't your main area but maybe you can help people with other forms of writing - transcribing etc. Maybe post up some options.

Wish you all the best.
It is a tough lesson but you got to be able to sell yourself before you can sell for someone else.
Hey Fox,
Appreciate the feedback.
Yes, English is my first language and am fairly new to copy.
Also on the tough lesson. Had a nudging feeling, that I should pay more attention to selling myself.

Thanks, wish you the best too.

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Hey Fox,
Appreciate the feedback.
Yes, English is my first language and am fairly new to copy.
Also on the tough lesson. Had a nudging feeling, that I should pay more attention to selling myself.

Thanks, wish you the best too.
Hey man, I'm new(ish?) to this too.

If I could give you one tip: don't forget about the audience, and their story.

Just because TFF lets you post an ad for $x.00 doesn't mean it's a good value for you right now.

Not that it couldn't be, but if you're going to pay TFF for the privilege of advertising on their forum, you should take the time to really consider what value it is you are offering.

A carpet-bomb approach of "Massage me and lets have a quick chat?" for very vague services is basically a huge red flag, for copywriting of all things *cringe*

Be more specific with what type of copy you want to offer, and make sure you're actually well-researched enough in it to feel you offer true value!

I wish you luck. If you haven't read a book (I recommend skipping TMF and going to Unscripted at LEAST, check out TMF , then Rat Race last) why are you even posting an ad at all? If you have, make sure to get your flair in the official thread, son!

Peace

Last edited:

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
I will just add to what others have already suggested to you, you need to be specific. You can't write about anything for anyone.

Start by defining your audience. You can work in an industry that you already know well (have been an employee in the space or have learned about it through a hobby). Think, someone who's worked as a solar system technician, so it now makes sense for you to pursue working with businesses in the smart home, renovation, solar, etc. spaces. It's not a must to have a niche (I didn't have one, I worked with everyone gradually narrowing it down to niches that I enjoy writing about and understand well).

This is taken from a thread (that I can't find now) on the forum but imagine a scenario. You have a vintage Porsche from the year 1967, it has some engine and minor rust issues, and there are 2 mechanics in your local area.

#1 A large mechanic shop that works with any model, and does everything from fixing dents and painting to replacing engines and installing sound systems.
#2 A vintage car restoration shop. These guys only work with vintage sports cars and although their shop is much smaller, they're going strong and have some really cool vintage sports cars in their parking lot.

Who would you trust your vintage sports car to?

For example, I build profitable funnels for online business coaches and digital course creators. When I started out, I wrote everything from $5 emails to website content, now I work exclusively with business coaches, and my portfolio consists only of results I have generated for this specific audience. I resonate with a smaller audience but I resonate more strongly.

Similarly, you can write (and set up) email campaigns for e-commerce stores. Or you can write content about a topic you have a deeper understanding of. The possibilities are endless and you don't have to commit to one niche from day one, but I hope this will give you an insight into how to sell yourself more successfully.

Last edited:

Tanday

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Nov 11, 2020
@Tanday did you get any work from this post?
@Fox not even a dime. I mean look at the post it lacked soul and effort. Not even ONE white-hot benefit or compelling offer someone can latch onto. Naturally nothing.

Hope you’re good thou
And thanks for checking in. Cheers

Tanday

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Nov 11, 2020
I will just add to what others have already suggested to you, you need to be specific. You can't write about anything for anyone.

Start by defining your audience. You can work in an industry that you already know well (have been an employee in the space or have learned about it through a hobby). Think, someone who's worked as a solar system technician, so it now makes sense for you to pursue working with businesses in the smart home, renovation, solar, etc. spaces. It's not a must to have a niche (I didn't have one, I worked with everyone gradually narrowing it down to niches that I enjoy writing about and understand well).

This is taken from a thread (that I can't find now) on the forum but imagine a scenario. You have a vintage Porsche from the year 1967, it has some engine and minor rust issues, and there are 2 mechanics in your local area.

#1 A large mechanic shop that works with any model, and does everything from fixing dents and painting to replacing engines and installing sound systems.
#2 A vintage car restoration shop. These guys only work with vintage sports cars and although their shop is much smaller, they're going strong and have some really cool vintage sports cars in their parking lot.

Who would you trust your vintage sports car to?

For example, I build profitable funnels for online business coaches and digital course creators. When I started out, I wrote everything from $5 emails to website content, now I work exclusively with business coaches, and my portfolio consists only of results I have generated for this specific audience. I resonate with a smaller audience but I resonate more strongly.

Similarly, you can write (and set up) email campaigns for e-commerce stores. Or you can write content about a topic you have a deeper understanding of. The possibilities are endless and you don't have to commit to one niche from day one, but I hope this will give you an insight into how to sell yourself more successfully.
thanks mate, appreciate the input

Tanday

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Nov 11, 2020

Just because TFF lets you post an ad for $x.00 doesn't mean it's a good value for you right now.

Not that it couldn't be, but if you're going to pay TFF for the privilege of advertising on their forum, you should take the time to really consider what value it is you are offering.

A carpet-bomb approach of "Massage me and lets have a quick chat?" for very vague services is basically a huge red flag, for copywriting of all things *cringe*

Be more specific with what type of copy you want to offer, and make sure you're actually well-researched enough in it to feel you offer true value!

I wish you luck. If you haven't read a book (I recommend skipping TMF and going to Unscripted at LEAST, check out TMF , then Rat Race last) why are you even posting an ad at all? If you have, make sure to get your flair in the official thread, son!

Peace

I wish you luck. If you haven't read a book (I recommend skipping TMF and going to Unscripted at LEAST, check out TMF, then Rat Race last) why are you even posting an ad at all? If you have, make sure to get your flair in the official thread, son!

Peace
Thanks Disciple96,

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
@Fox not even a dime. I mean look at the post it lacked soul and effort. Not even ONE white-hot benefit or compelling offer someone can latch onto. Naturally nothing.

Hope you’re good thou
And thanks for checking in. Cheers

Have you worked on a better approach since?

It would be cool to see you post up a new ad here and get some projects.

Tanday

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Nov 11, 2020
Have you worked on a better approach since?

It would be cool to see you post up a new ad here and get some projects.
Yeah it would be would cool to get a project from like minded people. Yep.

On the Better Approach part, I did work on something but like @Devilery said
" Start by defining your audience,"
unfortunately what I made was tailored for a different audience.

I will give it try. make an ad right here, that at least has a reasonable offer for fastlaners.
oh and like how cool you are about this.

Peace

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.