The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Content writing and digital marketing. A good combo?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Hello, I hope this thread finds you in good health. I recently applied at an agency for an internship as a content writer. But my strategy is to be a good content writer as well as a digital marketer. Now I've got the option to be in the content writing department or digital marketing department. Do these fields resonate and can be upsold?

For any content writers and digital marketers, have you learned the same skillset? Which fields did you choose? I'm deciding which one to pursue first.

P S I'm a student who's got a bit of time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Yes, content marketing is a branch of digital marketing. Writing is only a small part of what a content writer does.

You'll learn how to analyze trends, how SEO works, and how to give people what they want. All of these aspects are extremely useful in digital marketing.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
Hello, I hope this thread finds you in good health. I recently applied at an agency for an internship as a content writer. But my strategy is to be a good content writer as well as a digital marketer. Now I've got the option to be in the content writing department or digital marketing department. Do these fields resonate and can be upsold?

For any content writers and digital marketers, have you learned the same skillset? Which fields did you choose? I'm deciding which one to pursue first.

I would stay away from content marketing unless it's marketing content.

The reason is that a number of AI companies are pumping out tools to write and create content that is as good (if not better) as most journalists and content writers.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What type of content marketing? Creating press releases? Converting long videos into shorter videos, audios, and transcriptions and optimising for YouTube, Google, etc?

As @Madame Peccato said, some content marketing is a branch of digital marketing.

Personally, I like running ads for the speed of feedback, and additional data. Plus businesses that run ads already have a budget.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CruxisKnight

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jan 7, 2021

The two go hand in hand. You need to have content to send traffic to and you need traffic for content to be seen in the first place.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
What type of content marketing? Creating press releases? Converting long videos into shorter videos, audios, and transcriptions and optimising for YouTube, Google, etc?

As @Madame Peccato said, some content marketing is a branch of digital marketing.

Personally, I like running ads for the speed of feedback, and additional data. Plus businesses that run ads already have a budget.
Personally, I am into SEO blogs and articles and writing good sales copy because these types of copies solve problems. Today was an orientation session but I'll update this thread once I get some work.

We met the CEO of that agency and that dude is a university student. Bet that guy is going fastlane pretty early.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.