The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Conquering depression

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
551%
Apr 17, 2022
It was pretty inspiring, tbh, and I admire that you really nipped it in the bud when it came to your mental health. Meaning, you took initiative as soon you felt that depression was "creeping" in.
I nipped in the bud because I got very scared.
I know what would have happened if I didn't take immediate action: more months of wasted time and opportunities. Time is very precious, and any day spent wallowing in misery is a day lost forever. I have awesome things to do.

One of the harshest lessons I learned this year is that, yes, mental health is everything. And it doesn't mean being completely stress-free because life will always throw stress at you.
100%
Life will always be hard and tragic. We will still suffer, that's the price of being alive. But we can withstand almost anything and live a life of purpose and meaning.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
551%
Apr 17, 2022
How do you feel after the 30 days
I feel great!

Right now I'm focusing heavily on diet and exercise - those are foundational for health.

I've started waking up at about 5 AM and resumed working at full capacity. :smile:

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hi my friend, how are you ? Some progress ? ;) I hope you are well !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
551%
Apr 17, 2022
Hi my friend, how are you ? Some progress ? ;) I hope you are well !
Hey man!
I'm feeling great! Thanks for reaching out!

It was a great idea to do this 30 days challenge. Now I'm easily waking up at 6 AM, my diet is great, I've started supplementing with vitamin D, and I am working hard to achieve my goals.

I hope that you're doing great as well!

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Hey man!

It was a great idea to do this 30 days challenge. Now I'm easily waking up at 6 AM, my diet is great, I've started supplementing with vitamin D, and I am working hard to achieve my goals.

I'm really happy for you !!
It's great that you have found your way, stay the course and don't give up.
Vit D helped me a lot for sleep, a real wonder!
Don't hesitate to try new things, fail, learn... the highway to success is very wide and you have to find what suits you.
Keep the discipline and the good habits that you like and everything will be fine. As it is written in "Psycho Cybernetics", the man is a goal achiever.
Take care my friend, see you soon! ;)

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Hey man!

Awesome to see that you're making moves buddy.

I'll chime in here and give you something from my boy Andrew Tate, he actually became famous for saying that depression isn't real.

And like most people who don't understand the bigger picture, he's not saying that depression isn't real. Feeling depressed sometimes can be a thing for some people, but that doesn't mean that you have this plague called depression.

Most people who feel depressed are the ones who haven't achieved much and the media perpetrates this belief and victimizes you. It's all done on purpose.

People used to come at him with this famous example: "Oh, you don't understand. I'm depressed because I'm fat and can't get a girlfriend". And he used to respond by saying: "No, it's the other way around. You're depressed because you're fat and can't get a girlfriend".

And it's 100% true from my experience. When you're actually doing things and progressing in your life, it's very difficult to "feel depressed". Heck, even I remember when I wanted to be a pro baller 2-3 years ago. I never felt depressed at that time. NEVER. Waking up at 6am or training till midnight became fun to me because I knew that 99.99% of people will never experience that kind of lifestyle. Even though I never reached my main goal, which was to play for my dream team FC Barcelona, that doesn't matter. I still built a lot of the skills like discipline, grit, fortitude and team building that I can apply to my business today.

So yes, it's great to see that you're building some productive habits that will make you a better person. Keep it up!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
551%
Apr 17, 2022
Awesome to see that you're making moves buddy.

I'll chime in here and give you something from my boy Andrew Tate, he actually became famous for saying that depression isn't real.

And like most people who don't understand the bigger picture, he's not saying that depression isn't real. Feeling depressed sometimes can be a thing for some people, but that doesn't mean that you have this plague called depression.

Most people who feel depressed are the ones who haven't achieved much and the media perpetrates this belief and victimizes you. It's all done on purpose.

People used to come at him with this famous example: "Oh, you don't understand. I'm depressed because I'm fat and can't get a girlfriend". And he used to respond by saying: "No, it's the other way around. You're depressed because you're fat and can't get a girlfriend".

And it's 100% true from my experience. When you're actually doing things and progressing in your life, it's very difficult to "feel depressed". Heck, even I remember when I wanted to be a pro baller 2-3 years ago. I never felt depressed at that time. NEVER. Waking up at 6am or training till midnight became fun to me because I knew that 99.99% of people will never experience that kind of lifestyle. Even though I never reached my main goal, which was to play for my dream team FC Barcelona, that doesn't matter. I still built a lot of the skills like discipline, grit, fortitude and team building that I can apply to my business today.

So yes, it's great to see that you're building some productive habits that will make you a better person. Keep it up!
Thanks!

A lot of people that are chronically depressed blame their life circumstances or genetics for their issue. But I believe that in most cases the problem is due to brain or systemic inflammation. The modern diet and lifestyle may be the root cause of this issue.

The first line of defense against any disease is fixing your sleep/diet/exercise protocol.

sev969

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Aug 10, 2022
Hey man. Hope you're doing better!

Just wanted to share this with you. It's a process of meditation called 6R integrated with metta(loving kindness)

It's extremely effective in helping you develop a healthy reflex to unhealthy thoughts. Normal meditation trains you to focus on your breath or the movement caused by your breath or whatever other object. It's great but there's nothing really training your brain to actually let go and relax from a thought that is causing you to be sad or anxious. So when you stop meditating, those thoughts can come back and if you're in a state where you don't feel calm, those thoughts can take over. This process actually helps you to develop a reflex. You learn to recognise, then release and then relax. Super powerful process. Please try it out. Here's a link where a teacher explains it -
View: https://youtu.be/8u1JtRBJzqg

The 6 R's stand for:

1. Recognize the thought
2. Release - release the thought or let it go
3. Relax - actually feeling your brain relax as if it were a muscle. Try this out, you can actually feel some sensation
4. Resmile - smiling to somewhat step back from this process. Taking the pressure away
5. Refocus - focus on the object of meditation which will be loving kindness. Firstly sending loving kind thoughts to yourself, then a close spiritual friend and then all being etc
6. Repeat. Repeat the process

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Thanks!

A lot of people that are chronically depressed blame their life circumstances or genetics for their issue. But I believe that in most cases the problem is due to brain or systemic inflammation. The modern diet and lifestyle may be the root cause of this issue.

The first line of defense against any disease is fixing your sleep/diet/exercise protocol.
Absolutely. Getting a fit body or just being fit in general will fix a lot of your mental health problems and put you in the positive direction.

Tomco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 9, 2023
The life you are living is your own creation. You can choose either heaven or hell, and you vote with your daily actions. Let's begin.
This right here is gold. I'm putting it up my wall hahaha.

Also it's amazing what a structured routine can do to you isn't it?

Without a routine, I just ended up procrastinating and relapsing back into old habits. I was 'too busy' to do the work.

But boy, what superpowers you can gain from just setting those fundamentals and building up on them.

Hope your journey's been going good @heavy_industry !

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
551%
Apr 17, 2022
Hope your journey's been going good @heavy_industry !

It's been going better than I could have imagined.

Week by week I am feeling better and I've made more progress in the last 5 months than I've did in the last 3 years.

Keys to happiness:
  • Hard F*cking training
  • Eating well
  • Sleeping well
  • Understanding that your life is your own making
  • Meaning and purpose
  • Constant progress towards living your dreams

For anyone reading this that may be struggling right now:

There is light at the end of the tunnel. If you do the right things, in just a few short months, life will be so wonderful you wouldn't be able to believe it.

Depression is a scam.
Let's F*cking conquer it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.