The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Companies to AVOID as you succeed in your FASTLANE...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
New Paypal Policy Lets Firm Fine Users $2,500 for Spreading ‘Misinformation,’ ToS Condemned and Called an ‘Abomination’ – Bitcoin News

I haven’t used PayPal in years since they confiscated and held hostage 5 figures from me a few years back. Even after providing evidence.

I’m sure you all get those “updated terms” PayPal emails every so often.

Well now it looks like they can steal $2500 from you for spreading “misinformation”. I kid you not.

I think they backtracked on this policy after a big outrage.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I think you can add Cox and Directv to that list just because they make it so hard for you to talk to a real person and their business model depends on you forgetting to “pretend to cancel every 12 months” so that you get that special discount.

And also LA Fitness for making you certify mail a form in to cancel your membership.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
Amazon charges me and I did not understand this way of billing. because I have not made a payment since my last payment (September 19). they charged me again today. But I still have some balance on my visa prepaid card.

maybe someone knows their transactions ways and could explain a bit to me.
here are the different transactions;

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221027-225306.png
    Screenshot_20221027-225306.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20221027-225321.png
    Screenshot_20221027-225321.png
    97 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20221027-225338.png
    Screenshot_20221027-225338.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 9

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I think you can add Cox and Directv to that list just because they make it so hard for you to talk to a real person and their business model depends on you forgetting to “pretend to cancel every 12 months” so that you get that special discount.

And also LA Fitness for making you certify mail a form in to cancel your membership.
Just to update you on my story of canceling my LA fitness membership a few days ago.

According to the LA Fitness website you have to print out a form and send it by certified mail or you can walk into an LA fitness with the form and give it to an operations manager.

So I printed out the form and walked into an LA fitness on a Sunday and there were no operations managers on weekends so I could not cancel on that day. No big deal since I was there to work out anyway.

The next day I went back and handed the form to the person at the front desk and she said oh you cannot hand that form in here. We do not accept paper forms.

I then said I need to speak with the operations manager and she said that she was the operations manager but could not except the form.

I then asked her how I was supposed to cancel and she said I could just cancel you right here in the computer. A couple keyboard clicks later and she said I was canceled.

The irony of this is that on the website it says you have to give 30 days notice so the cancellation date on my form was December 3. I was already to pay an extra month of membership fees.

However in person the operations manager canceled me on November 3 so I did not pay that extra month of fees.

So they could’ve gotten an extra month out of me if they would’ve just followed what was written on their website.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
New Paypal Policy Lets Firm Fine Users $2,500 for Spreading ‘Misinformation,’ ToS Condemned and Called an ‘Abomination’ – Bitcoin News

I haven’t used PayPal in years since they confiscated and held hostage 5 figures from me a few years back. Even after providing evidence.

I’m sure you all get those “updated terms” PayPal emails every so often.

Well now it looks like they can steal $2500 from you for spreading “misinformation”. I kid you not.
A1D58E1D-88D8-4DE8-949B-6038AB27991E.jpeg

Lol they won’t let me close my acct.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
View attachment 45668

Lol they won’t let me close my acct.

That explains them reintroducing the fine. They have a plan to stop people boycotting them this time, just don’t let them close their accounts.

Their stocks dropped massively last time they tried and it serves them no benefit to have this fine, yet they reintroduce it.

Luthien

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Sep 7, 2022
Namecheap. Absolutely horrible company...had them for about 10 years, had had many business and personal domains with them. Ran into an issue a couple years ago but at that time they had no livechat or phone support. Made it extremely difficult to get the issue fixed and I almost moved my domains, but got busy and figured I'd give them another chance.

Fast forward to about a month ago-saw a recurring annual $90 charge on my credit card from them, didn't know what domains it was for and saw that they had been charging me this $90 every year since 2019 (and the charge amount kept going up by about a dollar each year, so very strange). Looked at my account dashboard, didn't see anything about this charge or what domains it was for, so got on their livechat-spent 45 min going back and forth explaining the situation, sending bank charge screenshots and waiting while the guy "talked to managers" to see what the charge was about. Finally he said he couldn't help me and transferred my chat to "his manager". The manager was clueless and asked the same questions and we had to go through the same song and dance of me explaining what happened and what info I wanted (ie tell me what this $90 charge is for that you've been charging me for for the last three years). He couldn't help either and after another hour, told me I probably had a second account floating around somewhere and the domains were probably on there. I had no memory of opening a second account, so he said I needed to open a ticket with their Risk & Fraud department. I said I'd rather call someone to discuss this, as livechat wasn't helping and I didn't want to spend a week going back and forth over email with the R&F department to get this resolved. (As the Risk and Fraud ppl don't have livechat). He said he couldn't do that, but would "escalate the ticket number once I gave it to him".

So after going back and forth about this with him, I finally reluctantly opened a ticket with the department, gave the ticket # to him and got off livechat. Later that day, got an email from Risk and Fraud and they wanted to confirm some details like do I remember this account, what's the accounts username, etc etc. I said I don't remember the account, so have no idea what it's username would be and that I don't authorize this charge and I want a refund for the three years of $90 they've been charging me and to have this second account closed. I then had to spend over a week going back and forth with them about this....while they finally did tell me the domains it was for, they kept insisting they couldn't refund me, and that I needed to log into this account and close it myself. I kept telling them I don't have login info for it, so I can't log in and cancel anything, including the recurring charge/domain renewal. So "as a favor" after much back and forth, they agreed to remove the card details that was attached to it and that was it. I kept telling them I don't recall opening this account, would like it closed and the money refunded. EVERY single email reply I got from them on this same ticket was from a different person, and each time they kept insisting I either log in myself and close the account and cancel the recurring domain renewal or that I should give them the username and they'd do it. But I kept telling them I don't remember the username, and was even a bit unsure if I had ever opened a second account to begin with, so how could I give them that info? So around and around we went, and finally I just got fed up, had my bank issue me a new credit card number (they said they took it off the second account, but I don't trust them) and transferred all my domains to Hover. I never got a refund, they never closed this second account, nor was I ever told what it's username was.

I am done with this company, and if you check the Better Business Bureau listing for Namecheap (they are an Arizona company, with support people in places like Romania) the listing is full of billing horror stories like this. The thing with Namecheap and why they have such a good reputation (at least in my opinion) is that they are great for people who just register a domain name or two for maybe a hobby and don't need much from Namecheap or ever have an issue. But as soon as you have an issue and need Namecheap to fix something, good luck. This was my second time having an unresolved issue/frustrating experience with them and ugh...never again. I will not touch this company with a ten foot pole.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Interesting.

I like namecheap.

Their support has always been helpful.

Domains are cheap, and they include the domain privacy for free that Godaddy tries to charge for.

I hate Godaddy, their checkout process and all the upsells is revolting.

Sounds like you are a victim of cc fraud, call your card company.

Luthien

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Sep 7, 2022
Interesting.

I like namecheap.

Domains are cheap, and they include the domain privacy for free that Godaddy tries to charge for.

I think you're missing the point of how unhelpful they were. Good for you that they have been helping you, but that's not the case for lots of other people. As for domain privacy, that was the first issue I had with them-when I went to renew, they screwed up on their end and didn't renew the domain privacy part, leaving my personal info in the WhoIs records until I got them to fix it.

opticalillusion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 27, 2022
Germany
I think you're missing the point of how unhelpful they were. Good for you that they have been helping you, but that's not the case for lots of other people. As for domain privacy, that was the first issue I had with them-when I went to renew, they screwed up on their end and didn't renew the domain privacy part, leaving my personal info in the WhoIs records until I got them to fix it.
You could try out porkbun. I've had a great experience with them with no issues with my domain (although I've only had the domain for 1 month now)

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
It was years ago that they bought one of the 2 big website management services, maybe managewp?
No, ManageWP was acquired by GoDaddy.

And, surprisingly, even though there's not been a single user-facing enhancement to the platform since the 2016 acquisition, the platform has not been butchered as one would expect after being acquired by a company like GoDaddy.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
No, ManageWP was acquired by GoDaddy.

And, surprisingly, even though there's not been a single user-facing enhancement to the platform since the 2016 acquisition, the platform has not been butchered as one would expect after being acquired by a company like GoDaddy.
Definitely not what I heard from a bunch of web design fb groups. The first year or so everyone was surprised it hadn't been hurt, and then the stories started coming in about it's quality dropping after that first year. That was when I started moving away from needing to use them though.

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jul 12, 2022
Gusto for Payroll.
Zipbooks for Accounting.

I love Zipbooks and its a local company here in UT. Gusto is vastly improved from QB Payroll, which was once, Intuit Payroll.

Thanks for the recommendation. Just signed up with Zipbooks yesterday and so far I'm impressed.

How do ya'll manually enter changes in inventory? We do inventory manually and I entered an "inventory adjustment" transaction. Inventory shows up correctly on the balance sheet but I'm not sure what the "paid from" account should be so I used cash. What should it be?

1670353467280.png

A

Anon117614

Gladly!

I used PayPal for nearly 20 years. They recently turned to trash. This was before they threatened to steal $2,500 from user accounts for "misinformation."

In early 2022, PayPal placed multiple holds on my account for unclear reasons. They made me jump through the most insane hoops to get my account unsuspended and to unlock my cash. Shortly after they did it the first time, they did it again with the same client and made me jump through similar hoops.

After that, another client sent a payment for copywriting services. PayPal showed the money as available in my PayPal account and allowed me to withdraw it to my bank. Then something happened with the client's bank and the money didn't finish processing from them to PayPal I guess. PayPal then opened a dispute, demanded I return the money, and billed me a $15 fee for the service. I contacted the client and found out they were not in dispute and that there was an error with their bank. So only PayPal had a problem, and they decided to make it my problem and bill me for it. I returned the money to PayPal and paid the fee. Then I told them to f*ck off and deleted my account. After that I made this video.

I replaced PayPal for client work with HelloBonsai.com.

Siteground web host is another service that has degraded over the past several years. They ditched Cpanel and went with their own internal set up. Their customer service dropped off a cliff. They increased their prices to double the rates of similar services. To top it off, they made simple tasks (like turning off rebills for all domains) hard as hell (by requiring you individually turn off rebills for each domain one by one and by clicking through multiple pages to do so each time). When you have hundreds of domains... it's a problem.

Earlier this year I took my domain names and moved them to Namecheap for way less.

This morning, Siteground billed me for a domain I didn't want to renew. I asked for a refund. They've processed refunds for accidental renewals in the past. This time they said no. Can't do it. I said fine... My hosting is set to renew next month for another $320, so I'll take my hosting elsewhere.

Over the past 8 years, I've paid out tens of thousands of dollars to Siteground for services. But they were willing to lose a customer for just $17.99. So now I've officially moved to ChemiCloud.com and will never use Siteground again.

I'm tired of these shitty companies treating their customers like crap. I'm done with it. From now on I'll vote with my money and move my entire business elsewhere.
Hello,
How has ChemiCloud been doing since this post?
I'm learning the bare basics of starting a website for blogging with wordpress.org and just got off of chat with Siteground. I went to YouTube to see what SEO company can attach to another hosting company and found your video. How did you learn the basics of starting a website? There is so much conflicting information on YouTube. Do you use Wordpress.org on ChemiCloud?
Thanks so much for sharing your experience!!!
Shana C.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hello,
How has ChemiCloud been doing since this post?
I'm learning the bare basics of starting a website for blogging with wordpress.org and just got off of chat with Siteground. I went to YouTube to see what SEO company can attach to another hosting company and found your video. How did you learn the basics of starting a website? There is so much conflicting information on YouTube. Do you use Wordpress.org on ChemiCloud?
Thanks so much for sharing your experience!!!
Shana C.
ChemiCloud has been good so far. I haven't noticed any major issues with it, and their customer support is excellent.

You couldn't pay me to use Siteground again.

I learned the basics of building a website by reading blogs and just doing it. It took around 4 weeks to build my first Wordpress site. That site grew into a course platform with over 500 members.

I use Wordpress on ChemiCloud. Installing Wordpress is simple. Basically a click of a button. There are 10,000 tutorials on how to do this and how to do everything you could possibly ever need to do on Wordpress.

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 29, 2019
No "don't do business with" thread would be complete without Comcast, or XFinity.

Unfortunately, my move to Utah forced me into doing business with them, and I can confirm they suck balls every day of the week, from shitty internet service, to unresponsive, non-English speaking reps. I swear to freaking God, I have to call them every few weeks with some freaking problem that just repeats. They employ the same type of "reps" as Intuit -- they exist to coddle and check off a necessary business box, not to solve problems.

Because when my payroll hangs in the balance, I don't like waiting on hold for 45 minutes only to talk to someone who is completely incoherent as they read one script after another.

Then when I tried to integrate payroll with bookkeeping, it took 4 calls, 4 hours, and still, the problem was never solved.
They only have service reps there to answer phones and coddle customers, not to ACTUALLY SOLVE problems.

Intuit and Xfinity's Customer Service Philosophy: What do I have to say to get this customer off the phone as quick as possible, even if I have to lie, make shit up, or not actually solve any problems?
I see that Google Fiber is making it's way into the SLC area.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
Godaddy

Back in the day I used them to buy and park a domain.
Something happened when I canceled the domain (doing due diligence and closing out the account) and they signed me up for hosting on auto-renew to the tune of 400$ a year for 1/4th what siteground offers at the same price point. I had actually specifically made a new godaddy account for my web design and bought 3 months of the same plan on that to keep everything clean from a business perspective. Never got any texts about the old account having hosting or charging me 100$ every 3 months- I had also stopped using that old e-mail ( my fault) thinking I had no business tied with it after closing out the godaddy subscriptions.

Luckily checked my bank account today and spotted the charge and got that shit canceled quicker than a comedian commenting on skirt length. The rep was helpful but cited a "Strict 30-day refund policy" for their hosting and that I would not be able to recover the lost money (over 500$) for hosting I didn't use, even if they could easily check my account history to see I never logged-in to that account or used the hosting -ever-.
I had already stopped using them after one of their hosting plans crashed and corrupted a portfolio site I had set up last year- but this is the icing on the cake. Still blindsided because I'll comb through my card charges pretty regularly and surprised I didn't catch it until today- probably a good lesson in there.

Last edited:

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
I'm on a roll!

Codecademy
Had been using them to help studies and for CE for work for years and enjoyed brushing up on real programming and data stuff with them in 2019-2021.
Bought a year of pro at a 60% discount last January to study up on Data Science. I should've looked harder at my invoice then because I didn't pay for a year, I bought into a yearly subscription.
I haven't used CC at all in about 4 months but got a direct charge on my card for it this morning, immediately got in touch with their support asking for a cancellation and refund (Even monsters will give you a refund if you can catch the charge the same day right?) and it turns out: NO REFUNDS!

So essentially: "Buy 12 months today, by the way we'll charge you full price for another year at the end unless you specifically cancel and we won't send you a reminder you're up for renewal so good luck lmao"

G

Guest-5ty5s4

PHMG. Whatever you do, do NOT sign up for PHMG's phone answering service. Their contracts are a huge scam and you will never be able to get out of them.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Interesting.

I like namecheap.

I'm in the same boat as @MitchC with Namecheap. While I haven't had the extent of the issues that @Luthien has had, any technical issues have been dealt with quickly and easily.

The only complaint I have with them was when I was migrating to a dedicated server. I asked for it to be done during off-peak hours (eastern time) to ensure traffic wouldn't be affected. They did it within the hour. Kudos for speed but failure on missing the important detail. It went smoothly though and there weren't any hiccups.

GoDaddy = dog shit

Obvious ones to add to the list for those in Canada:
  • Any wireless provider. They're all shit. Customer service is horrible and there are no good alternative
    • Rogers
    • Bell
    • Telus
    • Freedom (aka Shaw)
  • Same companies are so vertically integrated the rest of their offerings are shit too
    • TV
    • Internet
    • Security, etc
F*ck em all.

I don't use TV, so no reco there.

Internet - I've been using Carrytel but their customer service is shit too. Thankfully it's cheap. They used leased lines from the major guys, just like every other reseller so you can be left in limbo at times. Their customer service is only open during business hours which is a bit of a shitshow. Thankfully I've only had one outage happen on a weekend, but I'm tempting fate here, I know.

I also used Starlink for a bit. It was...ok...particularly if you're in an area where you can't currently get internet service. I had 2 installs on the older satellite services (Hughes) and was paying $120/mo each for 100GB of 10Mbps down and 5mbps up. You can see how Starlink's unlimited plan was more appealing. Customer service sucked but service was decent. You need a massively wide clear view of the sky for it to work well. This was a problem for me on the heavily wooded lots.

Competitors put up a new cell tower locally and now I have an LTE-based service. Slower speeds but less cost and more stable.

As MJ stated, anything Adobe.

Instead look at Affinity (Affinity – Professional Creative Software) for photo/publishing or Resolve by Black Magic (DaVinci Resolve 18 | Blackmagic Design) for video. I also recommend looking at Skylum Luminar (Luminar Neo - Easy Photo Editor | Software for Mac & PC) for photo enhancement. Just don't overdo it and make everything look like an oversaturated clown show.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Instead look at Affinity (Affinity – Professional Creative Software) for photo/publishing or Resolve by Black Magic (DaVinci Resolve 18 | Blackmagic Design) for video.
Throwing my vote for Affinity products as well.

I've heard DaVinci Resolve recommended a million times as well. It's free, and allegedly really good. I'm a Mac guy, so I always used iMovie until I hit its limits, and then sprung for Final Cut.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Every time I log in I have to go through the same verification process as always, including receiving a text message to my international phone, costing me time and money as the call travels through various channels. That would not be so bad if the verification code actually arrived first time, but most times it doesn't, and sometimes I get as many as 3 texts that have codes that don't work!
I posted this on October 22, but soon afterwards I lodged a complaint on the Paypal Community Forum, and eventually is has gotten through to someone??? Today I received a Paypal payment that came as a result of someone buying a book direct from my site WalterHaysBusinessBooks.com. PayPal notified me rapidly and I accessed my account without a hitch.

I would still like to find a close copy alternative, not something like Stripe, Wise and Revolut all of which provide (at a cost) a lot of superfluous stuff, when all I want is to accept payments either direct to my PayPal account or via PayPal when someone buys a book from my site.

Walter

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
I would like to reiterate the many posts above "anything Adobe". What a crap company. They actually charged me to cancel a free trial...wtf.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
MALWAREBYTES

A few weeks ago I found a persistent popup obscuring a section of my page so I thought that having installed and successfully used Malwarebytes several years ago that I would install that program to get rid of the nuisance. I installed the program, but it is a disaster.

To my dismay it did not work, and it is now acting as if it is itself a virus or malware! I have tried to uninstall it, using their uninstall instructions, but they appear to deliberately send the user round in circles. The instructions led to my Control Panel where the user is told to click on the table on the right hand side of the page to find Malwarebytes, but it is not there. As a last resort I found their forum, but it is impossible to post on it.

My advice is to avoid them like the plague.

Walter
P.S. If anyone can guide me on how to get rid of the worse than useless program, I would appreciate it.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Oct 16, 2022
My heuristics to this is to always use local companies since they have more skin in the game than the foreign ones.

That being said, stay away from OVH.

johnlepore

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Dec 26, 2022
As a Cpa eventhough I use Quickbooks its so frustrating dealing with them. Customer service is bad and all they want is too push their subscription model at all cost.

Patryk.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 21, 2022
Poland
MALWAREBYTES

A few weeks ago I found a persistent popup obscuring a section of my page so I thought that having installed and successfully used Malwarebytes several years ago that I would install that program to get rid of the nuisance. I installed the program, but it is a disaster.

To my dismay it did not work, and it is now acting as if it is itself a virus or malware! I have tried to uninstall it, using their uninstall instructions, but they appear to deliberately send the user round in circles. The instructions led to my Control Panel where the user is told to click on the table on the right hand side of the page to find Malwarebytes, but it is not there. As a last resort I found their forum, but it is impossible to post on it.

My advice is to avoid them like the plague.

Walter
P.S. If anyone can guide me on how to get rid of the worse than useless program, I would appreciate it.
Make a copy of files and make a clean format - it could change things in register/change some windows files and only by a format you can be sure there is no security issues/another malware.

Windows is the most stupid system (from the security point). As you enter your password you give the program a full access to your computer. They can do everything and you can't reverse it (unless you have a backup).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.