The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cold Emails Approach

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

PiotrB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 21, 2022
Hey guys!

I've developed a B2B software product and now comes the sales part. Here are my targeting criteria:
- Industry: Window cleaning and appliance repair (These are just examples for the purpose of this post but the actual ones are very similar)
- Company Size: 10 to 100 employees

I'm getting the prospect list from Google Maps. The list includes basic information such as the company's name, address, website, email, phone number, etc. The goal is to schedule a 30-minute demo call on zoom with the decision maker (in most cases it would be the Founder/CEO). To achieve this goal, I'm planning to use the cold email and cold call approach.

My biggest problem here is that I only have the email address of the company. So when I send the email, it doesn't go straight to the decision maker. That's why I don't think it would be beneficial to just pitch the demo call here. Maybe I should ask them for the direct contact information of the Founder/CEO? What would be a good approach in this case?

I'd really appreciate any feedback and honest advice. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
you can try use the addon "hunter" which is searching for mail adresses on websites.

if the company owners name is shown in one of the mails then you could try to contact him directly.

on smaller companys i would stick to just cold call and ask for the owner.

i can just speak for our company: we always delete emails which are comeing trough the info email and when we get calls they are more likely to get attention from us. (smaller company with 7 employees)

well i hope this could help you a little bit and good luck with your b2b software!

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
410%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
If you are targetting blue-collar business owners you will likely do much better cold calling. My gut feeling is emailing will not have good results. If you insist on emailing then you should be able to find the owner of the business through Linkedin or BBB, this will take some digging for sure. If you can't find their email address directly, find their name and run it through an email permutator and validate each email until you find a valid address.

PiotrB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 21, 2022
you can try use the addon "hunter" which is searching for mail adresses on websites.

if the company owners name is shown in one of the mails then you could try to contact him directly.

on smaller companys i would stick to just cold call and ask for the owner.

i can just speak for our company: we always delete emails which are comeing trough the info email and when we get calls they are more likely to get attention from us. (smaller company with 7 employees)

well i hope this could help you a little bit and good luck with your b2b software!

If you are targetting blue-collar business owners you will likely do much better cold calling. My gut feeling is emailing will not have good results. If you insist on emailing then you should be able to find the owner of the business through Linkedin or BBB, this will take some digging for sure. If you can't find their email address directly, find their name and run it through an email permutator and validate each email until you find a valid address.
Thanks for the feedback!

Vinnland

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Feb 5, 2022
Texas
Context - I have sent more than 22,000 cold emails in the last 12 months. And closed 13 deals from this (high ticket deals)

Cold email success is about 2 things:
1. emailing the correct person
2. landing in the inbox where most people land in spam or promotions
Bonus: scaling these two things.

The truth of the matter is, most people email the same people (scrapped from tools like hunter). And setup their cold email accounts wrong, landing in spam.

I would spend most of my time finding the right people to email above everything else.

Then... make sure you land in the inbox.

Anything else is a waste of time.

PiotrB

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 21, 2022
Context - I have sent more than 22,000 cold emails in the last 12 months. And closed 13 deals from this (high ticket deals)

The truth of the matter is, most people email the same people (scrapped from tools like hunter). And setup their cold email accounts wrong, landing in spam.

I would spend most of my time finding the right people to email above everything else.

Thanks for the advice!

I have one quick question I want to ask you, just sent you a private message.

Canadoz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 13, 2018

Very interesting insights there.

So, if you don't use automated tools like Hunter, what approach did you take?

And secondly, how did you avoid the SPAM folder? (I know from personal experience O365 is very sensitive to any sort promotional emails?)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.