The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Checking In…. On my way to 1 million in sales

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Hey guys its been a while since i been here or posted anything. I figured I couldn’t provide much value to the readers and felt like i was asking advice and not taking any action. I was lost and didn’t what direction to take. When i posted here I mentioned i had a landscape company. It wasn’t a business it was a job. I tried getting out of it and do something else but every time i did something got me back into it and im glad it did.
I can happily report that im finally making something out of this business and have a better vision for my future.

I have learn since i first join this forum and made great connections. One of those connections is @Fox thanks to this man i got connected with one of his students who help me take my business to the next level. After actioning faking with wordpress and courses i hired Myles (rob students) and he made a great website that brought a lot of complements but more importantly it brought Sales.

With the website and a great google ads expert name Luis i sold 100k in sales back in July. As it currently stands my business is generating about 300k in revenue and i just hired 5 people to join my team.

I have a dedicated customer service assistant. My father who is the supervisor. And 2 crews one for landscape maintenance and the other for landscape construction.

Thanks to all the sales i was able to hire them, start training them and start building up the systems that will help me take this business to the next level. My goal is to do a million in sales next year and have 6 full time employees in the field that can do most of the work without my supervision. I want to focus on sales and systems.

Im currently not making much and plant to make the bare minimum for the next year or two in order for me to keep all this people employed and start promoting and make a 3-4 crews. And hopefully by then start raking up the dough.

I have a lot of work to do so I probably wont check in much but i will keep this thread going and notify you when i hit my first million in sales.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EternalStudent

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Apr 4, 2020
Australia
Hey guys its been a while since i been here or posted anything. I figured I couldn’t provide much value to the readers and felt like i was asking advice and not taking any action. I was lost and didn’t what direction to take. When i posted here I mentioned i had a landscape company. It wasn’t a business it was a job. I tried getting out of it and do something else but every time i did something got me back into it and im glad it did.
I can happily report that im finally making something out of this business and have a better vision for my future.

I have learn since i first join this forum and made great connections. One of those connections is @Fox thanks to this man i got connected with one of his students who help me take my business to the next level. After actioning faking with wordpress and courses i hired Myles (rob students) and he made a great website that brought a lot of complements but more importantly it brought Sales.

With the website and a great google ads expert name Luis i sold 100k in sales back in July. As it currently stands my business is generating about 300k in revenue and i just hired 5 people to join my team.

I have a dedicated customer service assistant. My father who is the supervisor. And 2 crews one for landscape maintenance and the other for landscape construction.

Thanks to all the sales i was able to hire them, start training them and start building up the systems that will help me take this business to the next level. My goal is to do a million in sales next year and have 6 full time employees in the field that can do most of the work without my supervision. I want to focus on sales and systems.

Im currently not making much and plant to make the bare minimum for the next year or two in order for me to keep all this people employed and start promoting and make a 3-4 crews. And hopefully by then start raking up the dough.

I have a lot of work to do so I probably wont check in much but i will keep this thread going and notify you when i hit my first million in sales.
Huge achievement man! Congrats. And thank you for sharing.

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Well i did it boys i did 1.2 million in sales last year. I now have 2 crews (3) guys in each crew. I have a designer from Fivver who i keep busy. And 3 subcontractors who i provide jobs for at least once a month.

I reinvested most of the earnings back to the business by buying equipment, trucks, and a skid steer cash. I have a good amount of cash in the bank (leaving it for taxes) since I didn’t plan like I should. I honestly wasn’t expecting this much growth in my second year of doing design build. The goal is to double the revenue and net at least 20 profit. Grow a youtube channel showing others how to do it (in Spanish) and become the go to for landscape design in my area.

Attachments

• 7F741CA8-8A96-41CE-8027-C290A6CDE01C.jpeg
    7F741CA8-8A96-41CE-8027-C290A6CDE01C.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 90

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 26, 2021
That's great man! Can someone who has never done landscaping do this? Or do you have to have some kind of degree? My cousin studied landscaping and is doing landscaping as well, he is doing pretty good from what I hear.

Looking forward to the youtube channel :)

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
That's great man! Can someone who has never done landscaping do this? Or do you have to have some kind of degree? My cousin studied landscaping and is doing landscaping as well, he is doing pretty good from what I hear.

Looking forward to the youtube channel :)
Yes you just have to do a little research online, check with local landscape association they offer cheap courses. Talk to vendors and they explain how to do it. The most important thing to learn is how to charge and project management. Thats it!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
Amazing!
Congratulations on hitting this milestone, good luck in the future!

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Pi men TEL!
Pi men TEL!
Pi men TEL!

As entrepreneurs, we usually don't get to hear people chanting our names. But I'm over here cheering for you fam! Congrats.

Look out 5 Millie, here you come.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Upgraded to NOTABLE.

Congrats!!! Exciting news and in a space with lots of demand and poor quality supply in execution.

It also proves that you can add value skew to crowded spaces and still make $$.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Well i did it boys i did 1.2 million in sales last year. I now have 2 crews (3) guys in each crew. I have a designer from Fivver who i keep busy. And 3 subcontractors who i provide jobs for at least once a month.

I reinvested most of the earnings back to the business by buying equipment, trucks, and a skid steer cash. I have a good amount of cash in the bank (leaving it for taxes) since I didn’t plan like I should. I honestly wasn’t expecting this much growth in my second year of doing design build. The goal is to double the revenue and net at least 20 profit. Grow a youtube channel showing others how to do it (in Spanish) and become the go to for landscape design in my area.
Congrats on the progress!

What's the revenue split in terms of maintenance vs design build. I suspect it's heavily skewed to the design build side?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

We haven't talked in a while JP but so cool to see you do this!

You earned it man, for sure you have been hustling hard.

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Congrats on the progress!

What's the revenue split in terms of maintenance vs design build. I suspect it's heavily skewed to the design build side?
For this year it was 70% design build and 30% maintenance. Like @MJ DeMarco Said the demand is high and competitors provide low quality service.
And yeah even though it is crowded i still beat my competition. Not by being cheaper but delivery quick turn arounds on designs and bids. Also having a rendering done before they sign the contract is a big selling point. Once people see what their house will look like they sign. Most people pay me check , a few with cc and i also offer 0% financing. Most competition don't even have a CRM. Lol

4EverGrowing

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2020
Denver, CO

This is awesome to hear/read and in such a short period of time too, congratulations. I know there are some hard times and difficult decisions you probably had to make to achieve this, if you're fine sharing some of those lessons learned for some of us still on the grind that would be appreciated.

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
This is awesome to hear/read and in such a short period of time too, congratulations. I know there are some hard times and difficult decisions you probably had to make to achieve this, if you're fine sharing some of those lessons learned for some of us still on the grind that would be appreciated.
The most difficult decision I took was to hire full time employees with out having many projects line up. I didn't know how I was going to keep them on payroll but I took the risk. Man looking back idk how I did it but til this day I make sure they always get paid and never short on work.

Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
The most difficult decision I took was to hire a full time employees with out having many projects line up. I didn't know how I was going to keep them on payroll but I took the risk. Man looking back idk how I did it but til this day I make sure they always get paid and never short on work.

Having employees gives you extra motivation. If things are tight, it's no longer just you that's hungry, but it's them. And their families.

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Having employees gives you extra motivation. If things are tight, it's no longer just you that's hungry, but it's them. And their families.
Facts. Its pretty cool (6) 35-65 year olds. are trusting a 20 something year old with their livelihoods.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Awesome thread. Looking forward to seeing your journey man.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022

Congrats bro

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.