The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

CHAPTER III | Future Millionaire Currently Working as a Dishwasher in Manhattan

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
CHAPTER III: HOPE
"We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope" - Martin Luther King Jr.
20220601_040709_0000.png

Image inspired by @addicted2success from MJDeMarco's IG

Part I: Progress Stats

How's it going y'all? I hope everybody experienced a fantastic month. Personally, I'm not fully surprised with my personal May's progress. At any rate, let's review how my personal journey to at least 1 million (before the age of 24) is going so far.

1. May's Financial Statement
Net Income: $1,400
Assets: $7,810
Cash: $905
Expenses: $2,140
Debt: $0
Passive Income: $225
Net Worth: $8,715
Profit/Loss: -$740

Screenshot 2022-05-31 at 11.56.23 PM.png

2. Writing
Value vouchers: $240.12
Views: 4,055
Articles published (1k - 1.5k words each): 10
Time invested: 12h & 12m

Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 3.41.07 AM.png

3. April Vs. May (Inputs & Outputs)
April's Input:

51h of Fastlane = $429.69
122.5h of Dishwashing = $1,426
May's Input:
12h of Fastlane = $240.12
102h of Dishwashing = $1,164.82

Part II: May's Highlights

One of my most remarkable highlights for the month I would like to share with you is related to my dishwashing job; I'm grateful to have received a promotion to a cook position in the same restaurant where I work at.

In addition, a week later, the chef who offered me the previous promotion also suggested I should accept to work as a busser at the restaurant's sister because it was about to open in the same week, so they were looking for new staff.

My response? Well, unfortunately, I promised my family back in last December I would visit them in the Spring for a month. Therefore, although I would've loved to accept the role as a busser, at the same time, I couldn't let my family down and break the promise. For that reason, I asked for the month of June off, and he agreed.

If you're new to my journey, I live alone in NYC, and my family currently lives in their hometown. I was wrong a couple of months ago when I said it's a 6:00h flight by airplane without realizing it. When in reality, it's approximately 4:30h - 5:00h. I must've gotten confused initially because of the different time zones, lol. Anyways, in less than 24h at the time of me writing this, I will see my family in person after 15 full long months.

Consequently, travel expenses ($500 - $1k in total) are the reason why I took a toll on my profit/loss for the month of May; I also had to work a few hours less on my dishwashing job to prepare for the trip beforehand.

Part III: Setbacks &/or Mistakes

• Misalignment of newly formed habits during May.

Part IV: Counterpunches &/or Accomplishments

• 100% Completion of Unbeatable Mind by Mark Divine
  • 12h of Fastlane
  • 256+ Push Ups (I started doing push-ups at the end of February 2022 but just started tracking the exact amount at the beginning of the 4th week of May 2022).
  • An additional 2h & 30m+ of reading a new fresh book.

Part V: The Future

My expectations for June are quite low due to the fact of spending time with my siblings and parents. Hence, there probably won't be much action for this new month. Hopefully, I'll be back living independently in NYC again before the 4th of July :party:, Independence Day. Thanks for reading! & I wish everybody a marvelous month.

CONTENTS
CHAPTER I: INTRODUCTION (March 2022)
CHAPTER II: IT’S ALIVE!!! (April 2022)
CHAPTER III: HOPE (May 2022)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 3.29.52 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 3.29.52 AM.png
    243.6 KB · Views: 2

Hartrun

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 19, 2022
New York, NY
Just to clarify, the only reason why I chose the first image of Superman in handcuffs for May’s update. It’s because that is currently the way I’m feeling personally with myself only, being at my current job, while being blessed and grateful to God for giving me the resources of Fastlane knowledge and other captivating books, including this forum.

These books are the ones that currently give me hope for a better future, where my time won’t be tied to a 9-5 until the day I die, especially during times of hardships. And yes, a Fastlane business is my only hope to achieve my end goal.

In addition, the Superman image just happened to have that description on MJ DeMarco’s Instagram, so I didn’t want to ruin the meaning and symbolism of it by changing the subject pronouns.

In no way do I consider myself special, or feel Iike I’ve already made it in life (yet). When in reality, there is still an immense, considerable amount of progress to be made and a lot of turmoil to endure,
speaking in terms of my personal journey only.

This is only the beginning...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.