The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Hello everyone. I’ve been off grid for quite sometime now, only to comeback even weaker. So, here I am, back to square one. This is going to be my progress thread(updating weekly on my progress) and I’m hoping I’d be a regular here. I have decided to scale my dad’s current business( which I’m least interested in..) by gathering as much knowledge as I can about it, which would also put my skills in marketing and lead generation to good use and simultaneously learning SEO and WEB Designing. Is this a good thing to do? Any advices are welcome.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Presuming your father's business is 'normal' then that seems like a wise idea to me.

Is it a one man band outfit or a small business with some sort of structure and staff?

Dan

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Its
Presuming your father's business is 'normal' then that seems like a wise idea to me.

Is it a one man band outfit or a small business with some sort of structure and staff?

Dan
It’s a small business with some machines, and 10-15 working under me. Maybe I was just lazy, but by 3 years I think I should know the business inside and out, but I never took any interest or initiative.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Well yesterday is over so don't worry about it.

If you are just going to be the Marketing person at this company then that is one thing.

However if you really want to take it in a new direction and maybe even run it one day after your father retires for instance, then you need to do something very different from what you are tempted to do ie The marketing.

Dan

Last edited:

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Hello everyone. I’ve been off grid for quite sometime now, only to comeback even weaker. So, here I am, back to square one. This is going to be my progress thread(updating weekly on my progress) and I’m hoping I’d be a regular here. I have decided to scale my dad’s current business( which I’m least interested in..) by gathering as much knowledge as I can about it, which would also put my skills in marketing and lead generation to good use and simultaneously learning SEO and WEB Designing. Is this a good thing to do? Any advices are welcome.
It’s been a week, and to be honest, I haven’t even progressed a bit. I fear asking questions (which have some obvious answers) fearing they would judge me for asking them, and consider me stupid ( running this business, I should know the answers myself, but I don’t). So, that’s where I am after a week. Will be trying 1/5/10 strategy to motivate myself, let’s see how that goes.

Last edited:

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
It’s been a week, and to be honest, I haven’t even progressed a bit. I fear asking questions (which have some obvious answers) fearing they would judge me for asking them, and consider me stupid ( running this business, I should know the answers myself, but I don’t). So, that’s where I am after a week. Will be trying 1/5/10 strategy to motivate myself, let’s see how that goes.

You are completely wrong about this. There is a reason I wrote what I did below. (From the however bit)

Well yesterday is over so don't worry about it.

If you are just going to be the Marketing person at this company then that is one thing.

However if you really want to take it in a new direction and maybe even run it one day after your father retires for instance, then you need to do something very different from what you are tempted to do ie The marketing.

Your first 'battle' if you like is to win the respect of your platoon. All Military Academies teach Officers this which is why the backbone of an Army is the NCO (Non-Comms)

The Subaltern does not know it all and will be torn to shreds if he acts as though he does. :smile2:

So ask your questions and more importantly ask about them. They know you don't know it, no point pretending you do they wont respect you.

Dan

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
It’s been a week, and to be honest, I haven’t even progressed a bit. I fear asking questions (which have some obvious answers) fearing they would judge me for asking them, and consider me stupid
You are completely wrong about this. There is a reason I wrote what I did below. (From the however bit)

Your first 'battle' if you like is to win the respect of your platoon. All Military Academies teach Officers this which is why the backbone of an Army is the NCO (Non-Comms)

The Subaltern does not know it all and will be torn to shreds if he acts as though he does. :smile2:

So ask your questions and more importantly ask about them. They know you don't know it, no point pretending you do they wont respect you.

Dan
Thank you, I guess you are right. If I keep doing what I Am doing, I won’t be where I want to be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.