To my fellow Canucks and anyone who can answer these questions, please do so and share your insight.
I operate an Ecom biz with sales to US based customers only. IT is getting enough sales where I need to start considering the legal aspects of this.
1) When should a Canadian incorporate in the US?
2) If I wish to create a sub brand, and be able to sell it separately down the road, do I create an entirely new LLC or can I register another one under the first?
3) Can anyone shed light on the tax implications, or direct me to an accountant who specializes in Canadians doing biz in the US?
4) Does the business still need to be registered in Canada?
5) Any other useful info?
I spoke with someone who sets up LLc's in Delaware, and has done so for Canadians. I imagine it is a simple process. Benefits I gather are the obvious limited liability, and secondarily makes selling the business down the road much more simple. It is not easy to incorporate in Canada as well or as cheaply is my further understanding.
I operate an Ecom biz with sales to US based customers only. IT is getting enough sales where I need to start considering the legal aspects of this.
1) When should a Canadian incorporate in the US?
2) If I wish to create a sub brand, and be able to sell it separately down the road, do I create an entirely new LLC or can I register another one under the first?
3) Can anyone shed light on the tax implications, or direct me to an accountant who specializes in Canadians doing biz in the US?
4) Does the business still need to be registered in Canada?
5) Any other useful info?
I spoke with someone who sets up LLc's in Delaware, and has done so for Canadians. I imagine it is a simple process. Benefits I gather are the obvious limited liability, and secondarily makes selling the business down the road much more simple. It is not easy to incorporate in Canada as well or as cheaply is my further understanding.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
