The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • NOTICE! The forum software is currently being upgraded. During this time, the forum may have intermittent downtime, specific functions may not be available, and/or the user interface may look different.

Can anyone help me with this roadblock

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2019
Hi fastlaners,
I was preparing for more than 15 days to make my first youtube video so I can build my personal brand and leverage it later. After I found out that I was not being effective and possibly action faking I gave myself time to finish my on-hand task, and yesterday and today I was supposed to make my first video and get feedback on this forum itself but the thing is.

It's very difficult to get started, I made some progress(45 min worth in 2 days) but my estimate is it won't take me more than 3-4 hrs to make a video and yet unable to make it in 2 days.
today I was tweaking my mic and got a headache and give up.

how to overcome this, sounds like excuses but unable to get started on the main thing.

It's like I know what I should be doing and removed all distractions but don't want to do that thing which will help me grow.

please help, at this rate, I won't get anywhere.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bekit

Platinum Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2018
Hi fastlaners,
I was preparing for more than 15 days to make my first youtube video so I can build my personal brand and leverage it later. After I found out that I was not being effective and possibly action faking I gave myself time to finish my on-hand task, and yesterday and today I was supposed to make my first video and get feedback on this forum itself but the thing is.

It's very difficult to get started, I made some progress(45 min worth in 2 days) but my estimate is it won't take me more than 3-4 hrs to make a video and yet unable to make it in 2 days.
today I was tweaking my mic and got a headache and give up.

how to overcome this, sounds like excuses but unable to get started on the main thing.

It's like I know what I should be doing and removed all distractions but don't want to do that thing which will help me grow.

please help, at this rate, I won't get anywhere.
What exactly is blocking you from making progress?

Are you not carving out the time to work on it?

Are you doing other things instead? For example, when you intend to work on your video, do you suddenly feel like doing your laundry or washing your dishes or completing that half-finished project in the closet?

When you got a headache and gave up, what did you do instead?

What exactly is the task you're trying to accomplish? Because you could just sit down and record a live video right now and be done in 5 minutes. Is there a lot of video editing involved? Is there a lot of research required to do justice to your topic? What's the hold up?

Knowing more detail about what's stopping you will help people to give you better feedback and will help you get closer to a diagnosis.

Diagnosing the problem first will help. This resistance could be coming from...
  • Poor time management
  • Self-doubt/poor self image
  • Perfectionism
  • Not wanting it bad enough
  • Etc
If you don't diagnose it first, then you could waste a bunch of time trying solutions all over the map. Once you have identified the problem, you'll be more likely to find and work on a relevant solution.

Raja

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2019
What exactly is blocking you from making progress?

Are you not carving out the time to work on it?

Are you doing other things instead? For example, when you intend to work on your video, do you suddenly feel like doing your laundry or washing your dishes or completing that half-finished project in the closet?

When you got a headache and gave up, what did you do instead?

What exactly is the task you're trying to accomplish? Because you could just sit down and record a live video right now and be done in 5 minutes. Is there a lot of video editing involved? Is there a lot of research required to do justice to your topic? What's the hold up?

Knowing more detail about what's stopping you will help people to give you better feedback and will help you get closer to a diagnosis.

Diagnosing the problem first will help. This resistance could be coming from...
  • Poor time management
  • Self-doubt/poor self image
  • Perfectionism
  • Not wanting it bad enough
  • Etc
If you don't diagnose it first, then you could waste a bunch of time trying solutions all over the map. Once you have identified the problem, you'll be more likely to find and work on a relevant solution.
Thanks this will help

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (50% Off Deal Now On)
Just added in some more bonus courses so now up to 4... We have a full super detailed...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
One year ago, I was just your average software developer who always consumed content about...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom