The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I want to start taking action on this idea. Can anyone help!

Idea threads

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
I want to thank anyone that helps me or provides any feedback in advance. I really appreciate it!

With that being said i’ll go straight to the point. I have a found a problem that i want to solve and create value to my target market. This Market is Apartment managers, HOAs, or any property management company that rely on third party vendors for services.

what’s the problem? Property managers/ hoas/ management companies are constantly struggling with finding and keeping reliable service vendors.
(Vendors such as landscapers, cleaners, plumbers, painters, carpet cleaners, contractors,etc)
Either the vendors they currently have suck or finding new ones is a nightmare.

I have done some research and i found property management companies have a Vendor Manage System in place . BUT these systems are ineffective when it comes to determining the vendors quality of work and services. The only thing the MVS makes sure is that vendors have all the legal requirements. Unfortunately some managers are only allowed to use the vendors In the VMS. A lot of property management companies are multi state so they don’t know who are the real pros in the local market

When it comes to HOAs and management companies that don’t require going through a VMS the problem is STILL the same! They have to spend days calling and searching for vendors, seeking quotes. When they finally get some one, a screening for the business has to be done.

I’ve heard horror stories on how business they contact don’t call them back or don’t show up. They don’t keep promises and lower the quality of work once they get in contracts.

So what’s my solution? To simplify the research PROCESS for this market.
AND the only tool they need for finding vendors.
How? By having a Angie’s List meets Home Advisor meets Google meets VMS

I will Ensure vendors in my site are top pros in the area , that they are screened and cross referenced. that both vendors and managers can contact each other with set appointments.

This will also help pros that specialize in servicing this type of clients to spend less marketing in other channels and get work they need

The way i will accomplish this is still in the works but i want ensure i do must of the hands on and hire people as i need. Plz let me know what are your thoughts on my idea. Also what are some resources i can use to get this process rolling. Any feed back or suggestions will be appreciate.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
Good need identification and preliminary research. The challenge with your proposed solution is that it is not bootstrap-able. For two things, building a too sided market is one of the most challenging solutions to implement, and 2 you are targetting a mature market. The reference solutions are mature, it's not a new or novel concept so both the property managers and the service providers will not have the patience to try a solution that is not fully baked.

I speak from experience as a developer who has a deep understanding of the technical challenge with your solution and as someone who is in the trenches building a similar solution for an adjacent market, I knew first hand that it is tough but doable. No matter how cheap you go, you are looking at north of six figures to get to version 1 of your product. Good luck!

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Good need identification and preliminary research. The challenge with your proposed solution is that it is not bootstrap-able. For two things, building a too sided market is one of the most challenging solutions to implement, and 2 you are targetting a mature market. The reference solutions are mature, it's not a new or novel concept so both the property managers and the service providers will not have the patience to try a solution that is not fully baked.

I speak from experience as a developer who has a deep understanding of the technical challenge with your solution and as someone who is in the trenches building a similar solution for an adjacent market, I knew first hand that it is tough but doable. No matter how cheap you go, you are looking at north of six figures to get to version 1 of your product. Good luck!
I appreciate your feedback good sir. I definitely understand this a challenge. With your experience what should i aim for in learning? What kind of code should I learn? Even if i have to hire developers i want to understand their language and challenges to get this done.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.