The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Calculated My Escape Number, It's Freaking $$

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 14, 2022
india
before reading the millionaire Fastlane & The Great rat race escape , I had an my financial freedom number in my mind and it was $7 M, but came up with it just by doing mind calculation ( Not on the paper)

But, Now as I Calculated it by MJ method On Paper according to my 10 Year Planasy, The Number with i came up is freaking $20 M , ohh my god WTF i got goosebumps. :wideyed:

holy shit I need to add a lot of value to get to this number, looks like for next year i am going to go through hell, but it will be ok for me to go through hell instead of living like as i am living now.

give me Wisdom guys and keep me guiding on This journey.,

i don't know how i am going to achieve this number but i will achieve it.

Love you MJ :smile2:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
before reading the millionaire Fastlane & The Great rat race escape , I had an my financial freedom number in my mind and it was $7 M, but came up with it just by doing mind calculation ( Not on the paper)

But, Now as I Calculated it by MJ method On Paper according to my 10 Year Planasy, The Number with i came up is freaking $20 M , ohh my god WTF i got goosebumps. :wideyed:

holy shit I need to add a lot of value to get to this number, looks like for next year i am going to go through hell, but it will be ok for me to go through hell instead of living like as i am living now.

give me Wisdom guys and keep me guiding on This journey.,

i don't know how i am going to achieve this number but i will achieve it.

Love you MJ :smile2:
Don't focus on the $20 Million.

Focus how you will take the next step TODAY to make you an extra $3. Then $10. And on and on.

And then come back and comment, what actions you have taken today to stop daydreaming - and make a single sale.

Leave the $20 million (or $7) or whatever it is in the clouds for now, that number is meaningless to you now and won't make you do a single thing to move you forward.

Good luck!

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 14, 2022
india
Don't focus on the $20 Million.

Focus how you will take the next step TODAY to make you an extra $3. Then $10. And on and on.

And then come back and comment, what actions you have taken today to stop daydreaming - and make a single sale.

Leave the $20 million (or $7) or whatever it is in the clouds for now, that number is meaningless to you now and won't make you do a single thing to move you forward.

Good luck!
yes $20 M is still blurry for me. ya sir i will foucs on my next step and earning every extra $. sure i will keep You all updated

thanks for Advice @fastlane_dad it means a lot to me.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
you need $20m, you need to PLAN for that vs shy away / be scared.

like you aren't working a $87k / year JOB to do that. you'll need something that scales and an exit event, right?

so START there. reread MJ's book. run your ideas through CENTS.
look for others already AT $20m. what are they doing? can you HELP them?

structure the approach and map the timeline. THEN get to work.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
You're choosing an arbitrary number that means nothing.
If and when you achieve this number you will feel nothing. You will feel exactly as you are feeling now.

Joy, happiness, meaning and fulfillment come from taking action and from moving forward in life (read: hard work).
Don't postpone your happiness for a hypothetical moment in the future. It's a scam.

The journey is more important than the destination.
It's your life, and it's all you have.

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
685%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
If and when you achieve this number you will feel nothing. You will feel exactly as you are feeling now.

Joy, happiness, meaning and fulfillment come from taking action and from moving forward in life (read: hard work).
Don't postpone your happiness for a hypothetical moment in the future. It's a scam.

Agreed.

The number you guessed is likely wildly off. For example, you may hit 5 million and realize that the lifestyle you want requires 50 million. On the other hand, you may hit 5 million, and after going through buying/selling expensive toys, you realize that you enjoy a quiet life of freedom with your family, so you retire right then and there.

So don't stress about the number at all.

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 14, 2022
india

like you aren't working a $87k / year JOB to do that. you'll need something that scales and an exit event, right?

Ya yes, I got scared for moment when I saw the number..

Ya as you said I need to map out Plan

As I turned 24 few months ago, and still in the clg, still in the clg because I dropped out and I tried some local businesses though got successful but it was like, I was just selling commodity and it was not scaleable, tried trading stocks, made some grand then loosed it all.

So ya still not in Job earning $$ / year. Ya you are right, I need to go by this approach Scale & then exit event

Ya I need start from here, I need to refer to MJ's book every now and then, I will run my ideas throgh CENTS

I am looking at some people who are already sitting there & what they are doing, sure I will look into how can I help them.

Yes. Thanku so much @ZCP your advice means a lot to me, if I spoked anything unnecessary please let me know it I want to improve my speaking skill

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 14, 2022
india

Ya I will keep it in mind, while going through journey

yoou mean Hard Work by Michael Crews. sure i am going to order Hard Work and read it .

Thanku @heavy_industry

Last edited:

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 14, 2022
india
Agreed.

The number you guessed is likely wildly off. For example, you may hit 5 million and realize that the lifestyle you want requires 50 million. On the other hand, you may hit 5 million, and after going through buying/selling expensive toys, you realize that you enjoy a quiet life of freedom with your family, so you retire right then and there.

ya the goal is freedom with my loved once ,

no i'll not take the stress of number but i will take the stress of execuation of my ideas .

thanku @NeoDialectic for taking your time to guide me , your advice & guidence means a lot to me

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
ya the goal is freedom with my loved once ,

no i'll not take the stress of number but i will take the stress of execuation of my ideas .

thanku @NeoDialectic for taking your time to guide me , your advice & guidence means a lot to me
Out of curiosity, how did you land upon the figure of $20M?

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Agreed.

Very true. Most people nowadays only aim for that $1m when in reality $1m in income buys you very little in 2023. It's just upper middle class, nothing special really particularly if you live in California, NYC, London, Paris, Zürich etc. Plus, 40-50% of that money is going to be taxed anyway.

That might not have been the case in 1980 where that $1m today was worth approximately $3.6m which is 3.6x higher than the initial amount.

Wealthy today probably starts at around $10m in assets + a couple million in liquid money.
Very wealthy? $30m and up minimum. So $10m-$20m in assets and $10m-$20m in the bank. Sounds about right.

gpetukhov

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 24, 2022

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
How big you think numbers are depends entirely on your system you are using to calculate it.

Your brain thinks "holy shit that's 200 years worth of my salary"

I think "that's one year of operating if we have 25,000 customers, each location can get to 500+ customers in a year or two, so we just need to open 50 locations, or just stretch things out in terms of 'location-years' to add up to 50, so year 1: 3, 2: 6, 3: 12 4: 20, 5...., should hit 20m total in 4-5 years!"

A M&A guy on wall street thinks "sweet, 20m is only 1-2 mergers and we have 3 in the pipeline right now".

you don't need to focus on 20m right now, you should probably focus on the tiny math that builds on top of each other in scalable ways. If you can make $3.50 on selling a trinket after all expenses, you have a multiple that you can increase the volume of. Maybe you get that trinket to sell 100 a day and you now make 127k alone from that. Next business or try to scale that higher or add more products.

The focus is on the little math. (every deal you make x, times how much volume you can get to). Money can add up very quickly that way.

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 14, 2022
india
How big you think numbers are depends entirely on your system you are using to calculate it.

Your brain thinks "holy shit that's 200 years worth of my salary"

I think "that's one year of operating if we have 25,000 customers, each location can get to 500+ customers in a year or two, so we just need to open 50 locations, or just stretch things out in terms of 'location-years' to add up to 50, so year 1: 3, 2: 6, 3: 12 4: 20, 5...., should hit 20m total in 4-5 years!"

A M&A guy on wall street thinks "sweet, 20m is only 1-2 mergers and we have 3 in the pipeline right now".

you don't need to focus on 20m right now, you should probably focus on the tiny math that builds on top of each other in scalable ways. If you can make $3.50 on selling a trinket after all expenses, you have a multiple that you can increase the volume of. Maybe you get that trinket to sell 100 a day and you now make 127k alone from that. Next business or try to scale that higher or add more products.

The focus is on the little math. (every deal you make x, times how much volume you can get to). Money can add up very quickly that way.

I thank you, you gave me the mindset and framework which is straight Actionable,

I'll focus on this framework, and lil math to figure out this

Ya the number which looks big to me, it's just a 4-5 deals for someone I needed to work on mindset and math as you said

Thanku so much , your Advice means a lot to me..

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.