The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Was Calculating my ESCAPE Number got stuck on it need Advice guys

Anything related to matters of the mind

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Nov 14, 2022
india
Hey hi ,

don't know if the question i am asking is stupid or not, but i am confused on it, Need your help on it guys. @Andy Black @Black_Dragon43 @fastlane_dad @MJ DeMarco

i was calculating my escape number, i got stuck on POM in the book MJ took example of 50% ( economic and recession insurance policy) and MJ mentioned that he uses 200%, which is

POM = Paycheck Pot x 200% =

POM = 2,00,000 x 200% =

So, what should be the number of this calculation can you guys help with me this. i mean i dint understand the calucation of this please help me with it

and then question i had is we are considering PRE TAX money or Before tax money. but as we are planning our 10 year vision, but we are not considering INFLATION , as i live in india here goverment bond rates are 6-7%, bank fd rates are 5-6% but inflation is 7-8% .

So, if lets say for example my escape number is $15 M so by next 10 year according to current inflation rate $15 M
will have purchasing power of $7 M only , if we consider this scenario i will need $30 M because if inflation is 7% then within 10 year the amount will be doubled.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.