The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buzzfeed: Tony Robbins accused of sexual misconduct

LaraJF

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Apr 1, 2017
Silicon Valley, California
I don't want to get "political." I will say I've seen (and experienced) a LOT in my years working in high tech. Some true harassment (including woman on woman) But mostly I've seen a LOT of false accusations.

I call total BS on this.

Most of the big "news" stories have been BS. Unsubstantiated we must believe her blah blah blah.

No.

#IStandWithAtticus (and I've gotten a lot of confused crap for saying that, but I've never been one to go with the crowd. I vote with my mind and my conscience)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LaraJF

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Apr 1, 2017
Silicon Valley, California
Sad.

orange ones) for one of the DOT districts in our state because the head of the dept. demanded 'Workers Ahead' rather than the common 'Men Working Ahead'

My daughter went to NAU for 2 years where an English teacher gave a guy an F on a paper for using the phrase "mankind." She said he should be more inclusive...and use "humanity."

You can't make this stuff up.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
The biggest take away for me is that Buzzfeed believes that it is a news organization. I thought it was just some celebrity gossip rag, do people actually think it is news?

I know right, who'da thunk it? I mean even the name screams banal triviality...

Here I come to save the daaaaaay~

Ha! Showing your age there.... Mighty Mouse!

My daughter went to NAU for 2 years where an English teacher gave a guy an F on a paper for using the phrase "mankind." She said he should be more inclusive...and use "humanity."

That's one argument I would have loved to argue with that teacher.

In England Kleenex have apparently been pressured to take the word mansize off their tissue boxes.

I shit you not.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

You can't make this stuff up.

I can't stand things like this. The word "man" can be used to either:
  • represent the male gender
  • represent both genders
An English teacher that doesn't know what words mean... eurgh

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Tony is a good guy he'll be fine. He's the biggest one on the industry so it's surprising he hasn't been seriously attacked yet.

This was probably supposed to be an opening move so more / actual victims would come out, not an actual journalism piece. If nothing else surfaces he'll be fine and buzzfeed will shrug it off, if something does things get worst for him.

He shouldn't have openly criticized 'me too', that's a no upside thing, some conservative fans get a giggle, many liberal haters start seeing him as an enemy, for not supporting / dismissing abuse victims. It's fine to hold whatever view he likes, but he's a public figure, he should have known better.

Also criticizing a hit piece for being biased is kind of silly, that's the point. He's a potential enemy, they attack to see if you're good, if not they win big and make the world better, if you are good they may lose very little and annoy one rich guy.

It's a rigged game, trying to beat them at it is a bad idea. Deny, deescalate, befriend the owners, ask them for a 'Tony is cool article', and pretend it never happened..
Credibility never mattered to buzzfeed, it was never their goal. They want clicks, views and influence.

Again, Tony is a good guy, he'll be fine.
I don't agree he should have just rolled over.

Last edited:

Danczyk

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 20, 2019
Belarus
I don't understand. There are so many books/sites to read, that many things to learn and people still read BF and take it seriously :arghh:

I hope he uses his money to go after them like Peter Thiel went after Gawker.

I will watch that with popcorn.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
The biggest take away for me is that Buzzfeed believes that it is a news organization. I thought it was just some celebrity gossip rag, do people actually think it is news?

If buzzfeed ever shows up on my phone newsfeed I just block it.
Great comment and I would laugh, but I'm afraid it does think it's a news organization. More problematic are the dipsh*ts who read it as such. They never knew of a time when real journalism and journalistic standards existed. Welcome to the idiocracy.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Unfortunately yes, many millenials in the USA think it speaks the gospel.
In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king. Millennials don't know what "good" looks like, because it hasn't existed in their lifetimes. As I mentioned in my other reply, welcome to the idiocracy - the home of low standards and low expectations.

Jsoh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 16, 2019
California
Not too familiar with Buzzfeed (heard of em, but haven't looked into their validity), but I follow Tony Robbins...

I mean, I think it's pretty easy to be preyed on when you are worth $500 million and have a significant impact worldwide... There's a lot of ulterior motives when you get that big.

Who's right and who's wrong?? Ah, it's probably a mixture of both of them... There's loads of victims out there!

Jsoh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 16, 2019
California
Sad.

We are so hypersensitive that it precludes even having a conversation with the opposite sex in a work environment without a witness for fear of something taken out of context.

I recently had to reorder construction work signs that you see along the highway (yep, the big rectangular orange ones) for one of the DOT districts in our state because the head of the dept. demanded 'Workers Ahead' rather than the common 'Men Working Ahead'

She said she had a female worker on the crew.....
Yeah, I agree. This hypersensitivity in today's world is a bit over the top...

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Isn't BuzzFeed the least reliable "news" source now? I'm sure I read something from Pew to say they are.

They have an agenda and Robbins has asked to sit down with their editors to clear this up but they're not interested.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Buzzfeed produces sensationalism and divisiveness, that's it.

They've been the garbage fire of media outlets (I dare not say "news organization") for years and years now.

The only reason they get any attention is because:

1. They cater to the kinds of people who WANT their stories to be true, to help support their own narrative
2. They are the worst offenders for click-bait headlines that pull "casual" readers in from social media who can't help but fall for it.

I hate what the internet has turned "news" into. It's a circus of lies, half truths, and polarizing bullshit. It's the junk food of news - something to be consumed in excess without critical judgement.

I highly, highly recommend anyone interested in the topic of how news became "news" pick up the book "Trust Me, I'm Lying" by Ryan Holiday. It details pretty succinctly how the author (a self proclaimed media manipulator) would manipulate facts and stories to fit his client's narratives and how the "back end" of these organizations continue to support the worst and most outrageous offenders in a race to the bottom. Hardly eye opening but it's at least fascinating to see a first hand account of how and why it all happens.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
^^ So glad Tony updated his wardrobe and didn't stick it out like the "sweating to the oldies" guy did.

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO

If buzzfeed ever shows up on my phone newsfeed I just block it.

Despite much of the shitty content they put out, their news arm is actually pretty good at times and excellent at others. In fact, they have done some damn good journalistic work in the past and broken stories. They have some of the best written journalistic pieces of the last 10 years in my opinion. My point is, they are more than just gossip and lists. They have a journalistic arm that at times, can be excellent.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Despite much of the shitty content they put out, their news arm is actually pretty good at times and excellent at others. In fact, they have done some damn good journalistic work in the past and broken stories. They have some of the best written journalistic pieces of the last 10 years in my opinion. My point is, they are more than just gossip and lists. They have a journalistic arm that at times, can be excellent.

Oh yeah beautiful journalistic pieces... "let's call Tony a racist... right in between the quiz that will tell me the name of my next lover and a recipe for the frozen raspberry mango surprise"

Can't wait for their next breaking news article.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    111 KB · Views: 28

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
A loud minority of women have become so militant in their accusations that cautiousness of men has unfortunately backfired on all women. More of us are going “Mike Pence.”

Is it my fault or theirs’ for wondering if a woman applicant will be a bigger troublemaker than a man? Unfortunately, the militant feminists have put that in my head. Good job “fighting the good fight.” Us employers are really responding well to all of the threats and marches.

Nokia, a company well known for makeing “great” business decisions, is now giving a pay raise to every woman that works there, for one reason, vaginas. If they think that is the ace in the hole they will be out of business in short order.

There is a literally an ETF called “SHE” and it invests in companies that are women heavy in leadership roles. Who decided that genitals are an investible criteria? That is like investing in companies with red logos. Anyway, “she” underperforms the general market every year. Go figure SPDR’s left wing pontification ETF doesn’t preform well...

Last edited:

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
But here's the very issue:

everyone is reading the headline and saying that he's being accused of sexual abuse -- and he's not!

It just blows my mind how "buzzfeed" turns into "media" and "I didn't like how he talked to this woman" turns into "abusing people" and "he gave me a hug" turns into "sexual abuse" ... it's just F*cking insane.

I know the guy. Extremely well. This is not Bill Cosby here... :rofl:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California

When did "guilty unless proven innocent"? become the new legal standard?
Really makes me fear for the direction we’re heading. If the guy is guilty it will come out and he will be punished - it’s what the justice system is for. If all it takes is an accusation we are in trouble.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
When did "guilty unless proven innocent"? become the new legal standard?
I know you're not looking for an answer, but probably when the internet became widespread. Anyone can go viral with the right business/person at the right time. A company knows their market (i.e. social justice warriors) and panders to them by being "virtuous" to gain the respect of their market and sell more. Divide and conquer.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Really makes me fear for the direction we’re heading. If the guy is guilty it will come out and he will be punished - it’s what the justice system is for. If all it takes is an accusation we are in trouble.

Agreed.

I hope Tony, if he's innocent, takes Buzzfeed to pieces for that hit piece over damages.

People profiting from cheap shots like this will only stop when they know people are going to come back at them.

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Oh yeah beautiful journalistic pieces... "let's call Tony a racist... right in between the quiz that will tell me the name of my next lover and a recipe for the frozen raspberry mango surprise"

Can't wait for their next breaking news article.

Yeah, you can cherry-pick pieces like that. But, the fact remains that Buzzfeed News has put out solid pieces and have some great journalist. You can cherry pick from any organization shit like that including CNN and Fox News.

Check out some stories from this list.

rjrobbins2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 20, 2019
Kansas City, MO
I know you're not looking for an answer, but probably when the internet became widespread. Anyone can go viral with the right business/person at the right time. A company knows their market (i.e. social justice warriors) and panders to them by being "virtuous" to gain the respect of their market and sell more. Divide and conquer.

This didnt start with the internet, it only became more widespread. This is a human problem, not an internet problem. People run with assumptions and draw conclusions on very little evidence. People love drama and they love to feel superior to others. It is one of the reasons why I vowed to stop making assumptions and make decisions using hard data in my life. I also pay closer attention to how people make decisions and when you do that, you find that people run with whatever they are given regardless of the source. It is just the nature of a large percentage of the population. It is like Kung Fu Steve above quickly browsing Buzzfeed for shitty articles and then bashing my post about them having good news stories. If he actually took his time and checked it out, he would find that they do. They do have a lot of shit but if you take the time to check it out you would find they have some of the best researched and written news stories put out today. If you dont take the time, you quickly judge them on their gossip crap and be done with it.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
This is THE #1 reason I try to stay 100% anonymous. I am not pc and never will be pc because I don't want to be pc. I say what I want, when I want, to whom I want. Honestly, I'm just a little nicer now than I used to be, because people nowadays get their lil feelins hurt so easy and I do try to be a good person.... but it is hard for me to do. :rofl: I've never watched any of his videos but if this is how he is.... I'll start watching!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
This didnt start with the internet, it only became more widespread. This is a human problem, not an internet problem. People run with assumptions and draw conclusions on very little evidence. People love drama and they love to feel superior to others.

Maybe, but throughout my life, I don't remember a time when this whole social justice movement was as prevalent as it is now. I can actually feel the SJW tribe growing. Maybe the internet has made it a lot more obvious, and/or indirectly made SJW more popular with more people jumping on.

And SJWs share a lot of commonalities with radical feminists, but let's not go there.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

Please SEARCH before posting.