The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buying email lead lists

mrshowtime3

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 6, 2008
pa
Im looking to buy a lead list of real estate agent emails. Is there a reputable place to purchase this? A google search leads to many different places with widely varying prices. Kinda hard to tell what is legit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rico

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 14, 2007
Buckinghamshire, UK
Personally, if you're struggling to find a good list, do one of these two things:

- Sit down for a day with Google and just find agents that fit your requirements best.

- Hire Mechanical Turk or a similar business to do the above job for you. - www.mturk.com

Lists can be great, but can be awful. Doing it yourself will be cheaper and potentially better.

mrshowtime3

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 6, 2008
pa
It seems to come down to a time valuing situation. I sat down to try and collect emails from agents myself the other day. It would take an extremely long time to do yourself. Plus a majority of agents sites dont have the email on it. They usually use a form to contact them by email.

I sent some emails to agents who posted their properties on sites similar to mine. It didnt take long for the sites themselves to find out and obviously not be pleased about it.

So thats why im looking for email lists. I just dunno what sites are reputable. Some wants thousands for a list and some want $200.

Flatlander

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Dec 28, 2010
South Dakota
The best way really is to build your own.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisRempel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Mar 1, 2011
Victoria BC
The best way really is to build your own.

Yep, totally.

Probably the best way to do this is to advertise in an existing newsletter - or newsletters - preferably with a solo ad, and point all traffic to a squeeze page (to build your own list).

Even a list of a few thousand built like this will be far more valuable to you than a "leads database" of 100,000

(Been there, done that - years ago, but lesson learned...)

All I can say is my relatively small customer base (for my industry at least) can easily outperform others in my industry who literally have like 250,000 subscribers.

Trust me... it's what you do with it.

-Chris

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!