The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buy with garage or without?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hey Forum,
I need some outside perspective.

Ive found a good apartment + garage to buy.
They are sold separately, the current owner refuses to go down in price if I buy them both.
He's willing to sell the apartment without the garage.
In both cases the deal will be financed by a bank for 85% of the deal.
If I buy just the apartment, I'll have the money to furnish it right away, it'll take me something like 2 months.
If I buy it with the garage, I wont have enough money, I'll be able to furnish it in about 5-6 months.
The good news is that the garage comes with a tenant, 50 euro/m passive income right away.
I thought about buying with the garage now, and selling it a year later, which will cover about 23% of the debt. In 2 years time, by selling the garage, I'll have less debt than if I only have the apartment.

My gut feeling says, dont buy a larger liability while at the same time it says, but it'll be cheaper in 2 years.

What do you think?
Any advice will be much appreciated

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I wouldn’t buy an appartment without garage, when I could with.

edit: what I want to say: you will get much more once selling it with garage, because clientel with cars will pay much more than without.
Furniture is to get cheap used, untill you have money you want to spend there again.

Last edited:

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
What I would do is buy the garage as well. Furniture and appliances you can buy using your credit card or even wait a little but the parking is another piece of real estate that you should buy if you have the opportunity to do so. If you want you can sell it later or use it as a collateral for something else. Go as big as you can on the "solid" stuff, the other stuff is easier to get.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Buy both. You can always sell the garage, even if you don't, it will generate some income for you right away. A garage with an apartment is never a liability, it's always an asset. You can always sell them separately yourself, and you have worked out the math yourself already. It seems like an easy choice to me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.