The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

REAL ESTATE Buy with garage or without?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

alexkuzmov

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hey Forum,
I need some outside perspective.

Ive found a good apartment + garage to buy.
They are sold separately, the current owner refuses to go down in price if I buy them both.
He's willing to sell the apartment without the garage.
In both cases the deal will be financed by a bank for 85% of the deal.
If I buy just the apartment, I'll have the money to furnish it right away, it'll take me something like 2 months.
If I buy it with the garage, I wont have enough money, I'll be able to furnish it in about 5-6 months.
The good news is that the garage comes with a tenant, 50 euro/m passive income right away.
I thought about buying with the garage now, and selling it a year later, which will cover about 23% of the debt. In 2 years time, by selling the garage, I'll have less debt than if I only have the apartment.

My gut feeling says, dont buy a larger liability while at the same time it says, but it'll be cheaper in 2 years.

What do you think?
Any advice will be much appreciated

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Reactions: Kid

Ing

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I wouldn’t buy an appartment without garage, when I could with.

edit: what I want to say: you will get much more once selling it with garage, because clientel with cars will pay much more than without.
Furniture is to get cheap used, untill you have money you want to spend there again.

Last edited:

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
What I would do is buy the garage as well. Furniture and appliances you can buy using your credit card or even wait a little but the parking is another piece of real estate that you should buy if you have the opportunity to do so. If you want you can sell it later or use it as a collateral for something else. Go as big as you can on the "solid" stuff, the other stuff is easier to get.

Madame Peccato

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Buy both. You can always sell the garage, even if you don't, it will generate some income for you right away. A garage with an apartment is never a liability, it's always an asset. You can always sell them separately yourself, and you have worked out the math yourself already. It seems like an easy choice to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
While this is a marketplace post marking the re-launch of my popular course “5-Steps to Create a...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
Received, and I replied ;) Hope you will take out more protegesss soon ;)
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
After going through this thread, I believe the biggest fear of people on the fence is all about...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock