The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Buy a float tank. Change your life.

croman

not a humanoid(wage-slave)
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada

Check link....

I think this is an incredible fastlane tool.

I started floating about 3 months ago(at float centres) and I just purchased a float tank and use it for relaxation, problem solving and creativity.

Best 22k CAD that I've ever spent.

I can't even begin to explain the benefits.

It will change your life.

This is for athletes, for business minded people, for psychonauts.

The self improvements to me far surpasses mediation. It puts u in the theta state and keeps you there without falling asleep.

This is the state where your mind is most receptive.
Used for super learning, self improvement and many other things

They say one hour in the tank is like 5 hrs sleep.

The relaxation I can't even explain. The stress relief is incredible. This is a great tool.

Croman

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
If you haven't before, go floating!!

If you can't splurge on a $20,000 tank for yourself... go rent one for a few hours and try it! I've only floated once, but had an incredibly rejuvenating time. They allow your mind and inner dialogue to disconnect from your body, and go into some unexplored internal places. I found I become way more in tune with my body after the float as well, noticing small details like my resting heartrate and minor aches or discomforts I would never normally notice.

During the float, it took me a little while (~20 to 30 minutes) to really feel comfortable in the new environment and start letting go of my body... what I found was that I would fall onto trains of thought that drove by themselves, without my mind being active at a normal level... then I would 'snap back' to being totally present in my body again, realizing where I was and what I was doing. I think Joe Rogan talks about "layers of the onion" in the video above, and it probably takes some practice to get to the deep layers... but that's likely where the fun really begins!

I imagine floating often would be a really valuable thing.

P.S. for anybody interested in psychedelics, THIS would be one hell of an environment to use them in.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Very interesting, I'd love to try it!

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
Very interesting, I'd love to try it!
@MJ DeMarco and others.

You have to try it.

I tried it and was hooked.

For a 1.5 months the wife and I drove over an hour to float for 1 hr.

Gobbled up 3 hours of my day with driving time.

So the investment to purchase for me was a wise one.

Picture the most relaxed you ever felt in bed, you know the type of relaxation I am talking about...where you feel like your melting....well times that by 100. This is how floating feels.

Incredible on every level.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
This looks like something I would try.

I could never really "let go" when meditating traditionally.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I've been wanting to try this! Joe Rogan also put me onto it (as well as other similar things). I believe @benhebert mentioned this before on the forum too. edit: may have been the Natural Stacks twitter.

I'd love to hear more about everyone's experiences with this. If you can even describe it with words, haha.

I'll share mine when I finally try it which may be soon. [HASHTAG]#PowerfulJRE[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
My wife and I drove 3 hours to get to the nearest float tank.

When we arrived we noted a sign on the outside door that said "Quiet, relaxation in progress."

We entered and noticed the room was quite dark, and very silent.

I searched a couple of rooms and it appeared empty.

We sat in the lobby and waited for our attendant. No one came.

Then...

The burgler alarms started ringing. Apparently nobody bothered showing up that morning!

Needless to say we left and didn't return. I really want this experience though. Next time we'll go to Dallas.

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
It's like a shortcut in meditation.

People practice meditation to get and stay in theta state as long as possible.

People practice meditation for 20 years to get to what a handful of floats can bring you.

Problem with mediation is you can easily fall asleep...with floating , you dont easily fall asleep. I have done over 50 floats in last few months and have yet to fall asleep.

Total relaxation, clear mind.

Used by athletes to recover from strenuous exercise or activity. Used by them to improve their game thru calculated visualization in the tank.

It's so relaxing it's ridiculous.

You lay there with full awareness and total relaxation.

You are floating. Your brain is free. Your mind is not processing your body pressed against the bed. Your brain is free from all.

Unleash creativity
Heal the body
Play an audio and learn Mandarin without even trying.

The possibilities are endless both personal and in business application.

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
Thanks for the recommendation @croman ,

Just bought a session on Groupon, they have a bunch here in the Valley; Scottsdale, Tempe, Gilbert...

https://www.groupon.com/deals/true-rest-float-spa-gilbert

A writer's best friend is a clear mind.
@MJ DeMarco and others....

My next recommendation is to give it an honest try.

What I mean by this is don't just float once and that's it.

Buy 3 floats. Give it 3 floats before you form your opinion fully.

Even a bad float is a good float if that makes any sense.

But when u go at least a few times you will get a better understanding of how truly amazing it is.
It's always different.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
What kind of tank did you buy? What are the best brands? Is there a website to buy tanks?

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
What kind of tank did you buy? What are the best brands? Is there a website to buy tanks?

I purchased a samadhi tank. They were the first to produce. Just google samadhi float tank.

There are amazing "looking" tanks out there.

This is very basic. Well priced.
I bought the speakers with it as an add on. I highly recommend this so that you can listen to hypnosis or guided mediation if this is something you would want to work with.

Other tanks can get very expensive.

I almost bought a zen float tent....which is way cheaper. But after some research I realized that the tent had had many complaints by customers. Problem after problem with the undersized filtration system.

Samadhi or oasis are the more reasonable priced tanks.
Some other tanks are much more expensive and just look prettier...but do the same thing in the end.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
I purchased a samadhi tank. They were the first to produce. Just google samadhi float tank.

There are amazing "looking" tanks out there.

This is very basic. Well priced.
I bought the speakers with it as an add on. I highly recommend this so that you can listen to hypnosis or guided mediation if this is something you would want to work with.

Other tanks can get very expensive.

I almost bought a zen float tent....which is way cheaper. But after some research I realized that the tent had had many complaints by customers. Problem after problem with the undersized filtration system.

Samadhi or oasis are the more reasonable priced tanks.
Some other tanks are much more expensive and just look prettier...but do the same thing in the end.
https://www.floatbuoyance.com/floatation-therapy/

This is close to me, 100 / month for unlimited floats? Seems too cheap, I'd go everyday.

I'd been looking into isolation tanks for a while, Joe Rogan, etc. Seems to be the best self improvement you can do for yourself.

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
@wade1mil Luckily... you probably can't even drown! You'd almost have to try haha. There is so much salt in these tanks that you immediately rise to the surface of the water. The tank should be heated to 98 degrees as well to match your natural body temperature, meaning you won't be able to feel where your body is in relation to the water. I remember feeling completely suspended and hugged in space. It's a really comforting, but unusual feeling.

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
Over 800 lbs in 10" deep water

Your floating like a rubber ducky in a bathtub.

Impossible to rollover in your sleep

And yes water is held at same temp as body temp. So within minutes you don't even realize your in water anymore.

Everyone needs to try this for real.

Do 3 floats. If you aren't suddenly wanting to float daily/weekly is be shocked.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

Check link....

I think this is an incredible fastlane tool.

I started floating about 3 months ago(at float centres) and I just purchased a float tank and use it for relaxation, problem solving and creativity.

Best 22k CAD that I've ever spent.

I can't even begin to explain the benefits.

It will change your life.

This is for athletes, for business minded people, for psychonauts.

The self improvements to me far surpasses mediation. It puts u in the theta state and keeps you there without falling asleep.

This is the state where your mind is most receptive.
Used for super learning, self improvement and many other things

They say one hour in the tank is like 5 hrs sleep.

The relaxation I can't even explain. The stress relief is incredible. This is a great tool.

Croman
Seems very interesting.

Sometimes when I mediate, my body and everything completely fades away, and I "enter the void" as they say. Is that the experience this brings to you? Or is there something more?

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
Seems very interesting.

Sometimes when I mediate, my body and everything completely fades away, and I "enter the void" as they say. Is that the experience this brings to you? Or is there something more?
Yes.
But instead of experiencing this for a few min in a 20 min meditation, you are "there" for a full hour depending on how long you float.

The more you float the better it gets. Deeper and deeper.

My wife and I both float and we are always astounded by the results and feelings.

But it can be much more.

I float to examine my relationships, my life, what I am and am not doing.

With a free mind you solve these issues or problems with infinite wisdom.
You know the right answers. We are all inherently good. And good, real answers come to light.

They say trust your gut right? Floating makes you follow your gut, listen to your gut, see real honest truths.

I'm no hippy. I'm not that incense burning guy.

Floating gives you true clarity. Answers. It will make you stop lying to yourself, or makes you see that you may have been doing alot of the masking and covering up. Denial.

It gives you a subtle or strong push in the right direction.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
The closest place to me is about an hour away. $75 for an hour, $90 for three hours and $100 for unlimited. What would you recommend for the first time?

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
100 unlimited??? There must be a cap of how many times u can go.

That is crazy cheap. I feel like this is a mistake or something. Lowest I found in Toronto area is 35 per float. And that is if you buy a 10 pack.

Few things when first trying:

Make sure you don't need to pee.lol. It will ruin your float. Empty out both before float

Don't go hungry or full. Eat a light nutritious meal an hour or so before your float.

No caffeine or stimulants.

Float at least 3 times before you form an opinion. My guess is after first float you will be hooked.

Don't go in there with all these big expectations. Just go there with mindset of relaxation. If you actually try too hard to relax this will work against you.

Just let go and be. Don't force your mind clear. Just watch your thoughts.

The inner dialogue will slow and you will enjoy this immensely.

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
With such cheap prices, how often do those places change the water, you
know just incase someone get's too "relaxed".
Lol nobody gonna piss in the tank.lol. Would u piss in the tub ??

You are required to shower before a float.

They have filtration system and they filter after each floater. The water gets filtered like 6 times over or something between each float. It's always very very clean.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
Is this type of floating done in the pitch black dark?

I assumed so because it is based on sensory deprivation, but when I search the internet for places it gives pictures of people floating in a brightly lit room / tank. Is that just for picture's sake?

Also, is it completely enclosed?

I always thought a float tank had an open top.

I am interested but concerned about a warning I saw on a float tank spa site that said don't do it if you have claustrophobia!

I am a little claustrophobic...

Last edited:

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
Is this type of floating done in the pitch black dark?

I assumed so because it is based on sensory deprivation, but when I search the internet for places it gives pictures of people floating in a brightly lit room / tank. Is that just for picture's sake?

Also, is it completely enclosed?

I always thought a float tank had an open top.

I am interested but concerned about a warning I saw on a float tank spa site that said don't do it if you have claustrophobia!

I am a little claustrophobic...

Yes it's pitch dark.

The lit room...That I guess is for the pics....
The lid closes.
If you have that feeling of claustrophobia I've heard of some people start with the lid open....with a light on in the room. Then they natural progress to turning off the light with the lid still open, and then Finally the lid closed.
There are many float centres that have open room float pools where it's just a float tub in a 10x10 room or something.
It's not enclosed. But you will still float in pitch dark. Always pitch dark.
This way you may not get that feeling of claustrophobia that you may be prone to at the present time in your life.

The tank is amazing for bringing down anxiety if anyone suffers from this also

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
So some spas with a float tank raise the temperature of the tanks because "the clients like it hotter".

Which doesn't make it a float tank anymore, it makes it a hot tub, most people don't understand the benefits and what a float tank actually is.

So do some homework before you drop the 80 on a session, ask them if it's the right temperature, etc.

Ben S.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Aug 2, 2015
Los Angeles, California
I have been into meditation on and off for the last couple years and it's had amazing benefits. It has made me more positive in the way I perceive things and it's almost like I never encounter particularly negative people. It's taught me to see life as a game and I feel like a more authentic person who is true to himself on a deeper level. I just bought a 75 minute float session for $49 and will float for the first time soon. I'm super excited and will post an update.

croman

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 23, 2013
Steel Town Canada
I recommend everyone try a float.

Like I said earlier, do 3 floats to really give it a chance. Read up on it a bit if you want to know what to expect....

If you are looking for pure physical relaxation, a float blows away a full body relaxation massage by a long shot.
No comparison.

You mind and body benefits are next level.

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto
I definitely have to try this! Does this sound like the right thing: "The body simply “floats” in 12 inches of buoyant, mineral-rich, and temperature-maintained (94°F) water." Looks like $65 an hour or a 3 package deal for $130. Definitely looking forward to it as I fall asleep quite often during mediation.

Edit: The one I was referring to is not a true sensory deprivation chamber. There seems to be only one place in the major city close to me that is a little more expensive. I will def still check it out though!

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
First float is next Tuesday.... can't wait to give it a try (several times as instructed.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.