• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

NOTABLE! Buy a float tank. Change your life.

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by croman, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Valor

Valor Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,085
    Don't know much about floating, but it sounds like they're expensive if you're buying it for home, personal use. I think Joe spent well north of $10k-20k for his.

I'd imagine if you could design and manufacture an inexpensive, fairly compact home version and partner with one of these new financing companies for ecommerce stores like Affirm, you could make a real run at it.

EDIT: Found this: Zen Float Tent - First Affordable Isolation Tank For Home

Funded $300k out of $90k goal, and after all this, their website looks pretty sh*tty and outdated. Not sure about their product.

2. NateKruse

NateKruse Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,796
    @MTF Thanks for bumping this thread!

I heard about float tanks a few years ago but never got around to trying it.

I have a reservation for a 90 minute float session tomorrow. It’s an hour and half drive each way and $99. It’s going to be difficult to try it with no expectations. Expecting “nothing” is a huge expectation.

I’ll try skipping my morning coffee and hope I don’t get a caffeine withdrawal headache.

3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $343,616
    Admin Post
    Don't shave before hand. Your face will burn the entire time. Any cuts on the body, pain!

NateKruse likes this.
  4. gardenZen

gardenZen New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $21
    I spent an hour and a half in one on my birthday. I did one of the open tanks since the closed ones were taken. I would do it again but I would try a closed one instead.

NateKruse likes this.
  5. NateKruse

NateKruse Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,796
    That’s good advice! I didn’t shave this morning so I was good. The float center also had little packets of petroleum jelly to cover up cuts which I used for a mosquito bite that I must have scratched at some point.

My experience was very positive and I definitely plan on going back. If you sign up for rewards this spa starts you at a 20% off discount and every time you go within a month your next float is an additional 10% off the original price, up to 50% (Which would be $50 for a 90 minute float. Not too bad!).

I’m 6’5” so I bumped into the walls many times. I found crossing my ankles and folding my arms over my torso helped me avoid hitting the walls. However, it felt less immersive because I could clearly feel the contact between my ankles and between my arms and my chest. Towards the end of the 90 minutes I discovered that I could let me feet sink a bit and keep my arms at my side to really feel like I wasn’t touching anything.

The experience was very relaxing and it put me in a great mood.

I wasn’t sure whether I should focus on my breath, like I would while meditating, or if I should try to follow my thoughts.

I kept thinking about time. At the beginning I felt like time was going by quickly and at any second I would be forced to leave.

I thought about how I traded time at a job for money that I in turn traded for time in the tank.

Time by myself, for myself.

Towards the end of my float I felt like I had been in there for a long time. I know I fell asleep briefly at least once. I started to feel a little stiff and restless so I started to move around and right then the light turned on, music began to play, and the pump turned on to start filtering the water for the next guest.

90 minutes seemed like the perfect time for me.

I didn’t have any hallucinations or anything. At one time I thought I was seeing things, but then realized there was just some light sneaking through the seam of the pod lid. I turned off all the lights in the room but the light from the hallway was coming in under the door. Once my eyes adjusted to the darkness I was able to notice that little bit of light outlining the edge of the pod lid. I think I will place a towel along the bottom of the door next time to block the light.

On a business note, this spa had three float pods and one cryogenic therapy station. The place was very clean and looked like it was recently constructed. I was one of three new customers at noon and when I left, the spa attendant was busy signing in four other new customers. When I was in the post-float lounge, I heard someone in the hallway talking who sounded like he was a regular customer.

I was impressed that a float spa could bring in that many new customers in Eastern North Carolina.

I’ve heard of people running these out of their houses before. If you wanted to buy a float pod for yourself you could probably come up with an AirBnB type model for float spas that would offset your cost and maybe even make you a little bit of profit.

6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $343,616
    Admin Post
    Yes, supposedly it also has some detoxing effects as well.

People are waking up that life isn't just about a weekend and what car you drive. Glad to hear you had a good experience!

NateKruse likes this.
  7. MarkTheNatural

MarkTheNatural Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $153
    I went to try a float tank with the intention of understanding and seeking more details about possibly setting up my own and also really curious if there is any benifit physically and mentally so I bought a 3 session package, an hour each. I became friendly with the employees and got some basic info because of that. I think it can be really profitable if it catches more traction with the media and amongst high performing athletes and individuals. I don’t know much about the cost of the tanks etc.

I went high 2 times on trees. 1 time on a CBD/THC oil (CBD dominant). (I’m a daily evening smoker tho)

Personally I don’t see myself doing it again soon or being a regular floater. It made me super tired after all 3 times and I was looking to gain energy from it if possible. Almost like it relaxed me too much and it even spilled over into the next day and I felt drained, I was also a little nauseous after.

(I’m a mediator, a gym goer, active lifestyle, healthy eater, high-energy type of guy)

Definitely happy I tried it! It didn’t have me sold on the concept to be too interested in it from a business aspect. Also interested if any once else had any bad or mediocre experiences with float tanks?

8. andyhaus44

andyhaus44 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $361
    Yesterday I tried out a float tank for the first time and really enjoyed it. I was able to get comfortable right away and the feeling is so cool - it feels as if you are floating on a cloud. Struggled to fall asleep but I was comfortable the whole time. Definitely going to dry it again. Felt energized after being in it. Thank you for this awesome post!

NateKruse likes this.
  9. jon2089

jon2089 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $497
    Doing my fist session tomorrow cause of this thread. Booked it for 2 hours.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

10. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $48,482
    [​IMG]

Ok.. I bought a floating tank.. what next?

0VO, TheCj, Out of Touch and 8 others like this.
  11. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $21,055
    easy @Scot
    1. floating tank
    2. ???
    3. profit

Scot likes this.
  12. AlessioLC

AlessioLC Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,946
    I'm kind of curious of what it really does, it cost about 60 Euros in Paris, is it very useful ?

My life is a boat race and a real relaxation is well needed, even more for my back.

13. RayAndré

RayAndré Dare to differ. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,017
    *facepalm*

14. LeoistheSun

LeoistheSun Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,653
    Inquired about a session at a place that is near to my house. They have discounts too! 2hrs wow!

jon2089 likes this.