The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business opportunity for automotive minded Fastlaners.

RahKnee

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 27, 2013
Hey Fastlaners,
I was having a discussion with an acquaintance earlier today about his progress towards starting up a business. He is starting a food truck. I tried to convince him that doesn't seem like a very good idea, but he wasn't having it.

He told me about some of the problems he's facing. First and foremost was getting a permit from the local health authorities to serve food. That's just a matter of paying the fee, not being a slob, and waiting. But most significantly, and where a business opportunity comes in for the right Fastlaner, is that he has to wait 6 to 8 months for the company that builds the food truck to finish it and deliver it.

6 to 8 months.

That's a hell of a backlog of orders to clear.

It seems to be just a matter of taking old delivery trucks and retrofitting them with the proper gear.
I don't know anything about food trucks, and I'm not exactly mechanically inclined. Otherwise, I'd give this some serious thought.

However, I think a few members here might be able to do something with this, and may not have seen this opportunity before. It might not exactly be fastlane, but it could generate some money to put towards other projects. If that sounds like something you could handle, it might be worth looking into.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ricoboxing

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Oct 30, 2014
Canada
Where is he located? I totally agree that selling or fixing food trucks is where the money's at. When everyone is digging for gold, start selling shovels.

The fact that every one and their brother thinks they can run a food truck successfully after watching a few episodes of Eat Street is one of the main reasons I haven't bought a truck.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Food trucks are everywhere now and they're certainly NOT cheap. If someone could streamline a business that outfits trucks, could be someone good cash.

RahKnee

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
May 27, 2013
Where is he located? I totally agree that selling or fixing food trucks is where the money's at. When everyone is digging for gold, start selling shovels.

The fact that every one and their brother thinks they can run a food truck successfully after watching a few episodes of Eat Street is one of the main reasons I haven't bought a truck.

He lives in the Dallas area, but the truck is coming from a company in El Paso. He said that there were a few other places closer, but all had similar wait times and were more expensive.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.