The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Business opportunity for automotive minded Fastlaners.

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

RahKnee

Bronze Contributor
May 27, 2013
Hey Fastlaners,
I was having a discussion with an acquaintance earlier today about his progress towards starting up a business. He is starting a food truck. I tried to convince him that doesn't seem like a very good idea, but he wasn't having it.

He told me about some of the problems he's facing. First and foremost was getting a permit from the local health authorities to serve food. That's just a matter of paying the fee, not being a slob, and waiting. But most significantly, and where a business opportunity comes in for the right Fastlaner, is that he has to wait 6 to 8 months for the company that builds the food truck to finish it and deliver it.

6 to 8 months.

That's a hell of a backlog of orders to clear.

It seems to be just a matter of taking old delivery trucks and retrofitting them with the proper gear.
I don't know anything about food trucks, and I'm not exactly mechanically inclined. Otherwise, I'd give this some serious thought.

However, I think a few members here might be able to do something with this, and may not have seen this opportunity before. It might not exactly be fastlane, but it could generate some money to put towards other projects. If that sounds like something you could handle, it might be worth looking into.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Ricoboxing

Contributor
Oct 30, 2014
Canada
Where is he located? I totally agree that selling or fixing food trucks is where the money's at. When everyone is digging for gold, start selling shovels.

The fact that every one and their brother thinks they can run a food truck successfully after watching a few episodes of Eat Street is one of the main reasons I haven't bought a truck.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Food trucks are everywhere now and they're certainly NOT cheap. If someone could streamline a business that outfits trucks, could be someone good cash.

OP
OP
R

RahKnee

Bronze Contributor
May 27, 2013
Where is he located? I totally agree that selling or fixing food trucks is where the money's at. When everyone is digging for gold, start selling shovels.

The fact that every one and their brother thinks they can run a food truck successfully after watching a few episodes of Eat Street is one of the main reasons I haven't bought a truck.

He lives in the Dallas area, but the truck is coming from a company in El Paso. He said that there were a few other places closer, but all had similar wait times and were more expensive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
Is this a sales funnel? :innocent: :halo: reminds me of russell's sales funnel to give you...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Just had a personal highlight of the program so far - @GuitarManDan gave a one hour Zoom talk on...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock