The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Skeptical but hopeful: Looking for feedback about a business opportunity

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

SweetSuccess

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 29, 2019
United States
I’m looking for feedback from someone who may have experience with this business opportunity.

I have been presented an opportunity with Market America. I’m skeptical but my mom has been with them and so far has been doing well with them.
I wanted to know if anyone on this forum has experience with Market America and what your opinion about the opportunity is. My husband said it’s not a Fastlane forum business. I’m already running my own web design business and they offer web design solutions/white label services.

There is a lot to it that I’m not qualified to explain it so I’m hoping to find someone who already understands the opportunity and hopefully has some experience with them.

My major concerns are it requires a minimum referral and a monthly fee to participate in the opportunity.

hat has your experience been and is this something that makes sense to get involved with? They have an A+ rating with the BB and there have been millionaires made with their business model.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
MLMs such as Market America are not popular around here. They go against the entire CENTS Framework.
Here are some threads on MLMs: Is MLM so bad?
GOLD! - MLM Debate

99.9% of people who do MLM's LOSE MONEY! Horrible business model for all involved. If you are in a pyramid scheme you are the customer not the producer.

One of the only parts of Reddit I enjoy is the antimlm reddit. Here is their post on the deceptive tactics of Market America: https://www.reddit.com/r/antiMLM/comments/8kdfma View: https://www.reddit.com/r/antiMLM/comments/8kdfma/the_deceptive_tactics_of_market_america/

OP
OP
SweetSuccess

SweetSuccess

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 29, 2019
United States
MLMs such as Market America are not popular around here. They go against the entire CENTS Framework.
Here are some threads on MLMs: Is MLM so bad?
GOLD! - MLM Debate

99.9% of people who do MLM's LOSE MONEY! Horrible business model for all involved. If you are in a pyramid scheme you are the customer not the producer.

One of the only parts of Reddit I enjoy is the antimlm reddit. Here is their post on the deceptive tactics of Market America: https://www.reddit.com/r/antiMLM/comments/8kdfma View: https://www.reddit.com/r/antiMLM/comments/8kdfma/the_deceptive_tactics_of_market_america/
Wow... thank you for this. I’m defiantly awake now.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Yeah, stay away from MLM. I signed up for one many years ago. Waste of time. I didn't get very far into it. I've been pitched a number of times after that. Each time creates more of an 'ick ... get away from me' feeling inside me.

You'll end up being able to provide a lot more value to people, and make more money in the process, by doing your own thing.

OP
OP
SweetSuccess

SweetSuccess

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 29, 2019
United States
Yeah, stay away from MLM. I signed up for one many years ago. Waste of time. I didn't get very far into it. I've been pitched a number of times after that. Each time creates more of an 'ick ... get away from me' feeling inside me.

You'll end up being able to provide a lot more value to people, and make more money in the process, by doing your own thing.
Thank you. Yeah since reading more about MA and BBB being full of bs I’m sticking with just my Web Design business.
I got a new client tonight, I think that’s a sign that I’m on the right path and not to get distracted.
MLMs aren’t for me. Now I gotta find a way to get my mom out of it... thanks for your help.

Lyinx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Andy black says to provide value to others, and one of his things he also likes to do is what he calls diesel and coffee... He's on the forum here and gives out enough free advice to make any "marketing guru" faint at the thought that he's just giving it away

OP
OP
SweetSuccess

SweetSuccess

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 29, 2019
United States
Andy black says to provide value to others, and one of his things he also likes to do is what he calls diesel and coffee... He's on the forum here and gives out enough free advice to make any "marketing guru" faint at the thought that he's just giving it away
Thanks! I’ll defiantly check him out!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom