- Joined
- Jun 9, 2014
- Messages
- 102
Rep Bank
$580
$580
User Power: 114%
Hi,
I have had my photography business registered for years and that was easy naming, as I used my name followed by Photography. Pretty standard practice in the industry.
Now I'm trying to come up with a new name for my e-commerce business. I was going to do something general like my initials followed by industries, ventures, etc. Not too original I know. Plus I also read a blog post that stated businesses with Ventures etc. don't fair well as the public think you are trying to be something you're not and people are left wondering what your business is about. Same with initials.
That post also stated don't use city, place names etc. for obvious reasons.
So, any other advice anyone can give for pitfalls to avoid when picking names?
Much appreciated.
I have had my photography business registered for years and that was easy naming, as I used my name followed by Photography. Pretty standard practice in the industry.
Now I'm trying to come up with a new name for my e-commerce business. I was going to do something general like my initials followed by industries, ventures, etc. Not too original I know. Plus I also read a blog post that stated businesses with Ventures etc. don't fair well as the public think you are trying to be something you're not and people are left wondering what your business is about. Same with initials.
That post also stated don't use city, place names etc. for obvious reasons.
So, any other advice anyone can give for pitfalls to avoid when picking names?
Much appreciated.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
