The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Idea

Idea threads
D

Deleted50669

Sometimes I'll just be mulling over something and a business idea will hit me. This one I thought would make for good conversation.

Consider these economic trends:
1) The rise in entrepreneurship over the next decade is projected to increase exponentially.
2) The workforce is going to continue to face increasing shortages as a result of this.
3) There will be less supply of candidates with experience requirements needed by HR departments.

Given this combination of factors, I wonder if something like a candidate accelerator service would get traction. A company would see a promising candidate, hire them contingent on improvement to a certain level of competence, then submit them to your service to be "accelerated" with the appropriate skills and leadership competencies before beginning work.

In the current environment it would probably be a hard sell. But in five years I'm thinking companies will be starving for this type of service.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
You're applying slow-moving demographic observations and generalizations to the fast-paced business world that is concerned with solving "right now" problems. I hire people. I could easily complain about the skills of these people....but even then...I wouldn't consider using any service remotely related to what you're suggesting what-so-ever. Nobody has time for that.

As a business owner here are a list of things I want all you entrepreneurs to make for me.

1. A website that has reviews of customers. (Suzie H. 1/5 stars "Doesn't pay her contractors") so businesses can avoid problem customers.

2. A website that has reviews of employees so I can avoid hiring idiots. People are avoiding social media so it's becoming less effective to google prospective employees, but I'd love if a company could review if someone I was about to hire was a flake and a loser. I'd pay for that. And if they sucked for me I could review them and make sure they don't get away with it again. That would change a lot of employee behavior.

amandaPatrick

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 24, 2019
Sometimes I'll just be mulling over something and a business idea will hit me. This one I thought would make for good conversation.

1) The rise in entrepreneurship over the next decade is projected to increase exponentially.
2) The workforce is going to continue to face increasing shortages as a result of this.
3) There will be less supply of candidates with experience requirements needed by HR departments.

Given this combination of factors, I wonder if something like a candidate accelerator service would get traction. A company would see a promising candidate, hire them contingent on improvement to a certain level of competence, then submit them to your service to be "accelerated" with the appropriate skills and leadership competencies before beginning work.

In the current environment it would probably be a hard sell. But in five years I'm thinking companies will be starving for this type of service.
That's really interesting. But where did you get this information from?

Valhalla

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Mar 6, 2019
That's a really interesting idea, the barrier I see are the jobs that have more qualitative requirements that are difficult to measure and establish the certain level of competence you mentioned.

I see it as a really great thing for employers to mitigate their risk hiring people straight out of university who need new skills in a hurry.

What do you envision the payment structure? Will you target both employers and candidates?

D

Deleted50669

That's a really interesting idea, the barrier I see are the jobs that have more qualitative requirements that are difficult to measure and establish the certain level of competence you mentioned.

I see it as a really great thing for employers to mitigate their risk hiring people straight out of university who need new skills in a hurry.

What do you envision the payment structure? Will you target both employers and candidates?
I wouldn't pursue this idea, it was more just a thought experiment. But if I were going to I'd probably try to set up a contract with monthly retainer for each client, similar to a consulting firm.

River McTasney

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 13, 2019

Construction industry. It will be awhile before robots fully take over the skilled trades. I have been investigating and putting together an idea like this for about 2 years now. Haven’t taken action because I just don’t really want to stay in the construction industry.

My idea was to provide a service that worked with the company to find and recruit workers. Then work with the company to olbuild a plan for the success of the hired employee. The thing is I wouldn’t be the one training them. I would work with company and hold the hand of both the company and the worker. The construction industry is so shorted on skilled labor that contractors will train them on the job. It’s keeping them and teaching work ethic is the problem. That’s why my entity would be there.

1. Help the company come up with worker success plan. (Pathway to greatness)

2. Educate, influence, recruit worker

3. Continue to provide leadership, work ethic building, etc. with both company and worker.

The number one excuse I hear from contractors is, “I can’t find anybody that wants to work” and “I don’t have time to teach them how to work.” Fill those two needs. It really comes down to leadership.

Trust me at least here in Texas we turn down jobs because there isn’t enough people to do the job. More than half of the skilled trade is over the age of 50. And the good guys are already taken. A new generation will have to be taught. There is no getting around that. Depend on a website with employee reviews on skilled labororers and by the time you come across the guy or girl with 5 stars and X amount of years of experience, well he was hired yesterday by somebody else. The successful construction company of tomorrow is the one that invests the resources to build the worker of future.

Point is. There is a need for something like you are talking about.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.