The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building my SaaS Project.

Marketing, social media, advertising

Pranav_Banerjee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 28, 2022
Hey guys.
So, I have come up with a SaaS project idea that will cater to hiring managers in organizations. The tools will help them smoothen out the entire hiring process.
Now, I spoke to the HR manager of the organization where I am working currently and he says this can be really helpful to his team and mentioned that the problem is real and needs a solution. I have a list of HR Managers that I am contacting to get some validation.

My question: Out of 10 people, if only 5 acknowledge the potential of the product and the rest 5 don't show any interest, is it wise to still build the product?
Let's say the problem is real. What should be my next steps? Should I run ads and get people to sign-up for the release, or just build the app and release it at once?
I do have a plan of action in mind. I just need a few different perspectives.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Jan 18, 2022
Hey guys.
So, I have come up with a SaaS project idea that will cater to hiring managers in organizations. The tools will help them smoothen out the entire hiring process.
Now, I spoke to the HR manager of the organization where I am working currently and he says this can be really helpful to his team and mentioned that the problem is real and needs a solution. I have a list of HR Managers that I am contacting to get some validation.

My question: Out of 10 people, if only 5 acknowledge the potential of the product and the rest 5 don't show any interest, is it wise to still build the product?
Let's say the problem is real. What should be my next steps? Should I run ads and get people to sign-up for the release, or just build the app and release it at once?
Gauging interest without a MVP and gauging interest with a MVP are two completely separate datasets.

You have enough interest (read: data) to justify a MVP. Create the MVP and then begin spreading it. If you receive solid feedback/people want to use it, continue building on it.

Pranav_Banerjee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 28, 2022
Gauging interest without a MVP and gauging interest with a MVP are two completely separate datasets.

You have enough interest (read: data) to justify a MVP. Create the MVP and then begin spreading it. If you receive solid feedback/people want to use it, continue building on it.
Sold advice. Thanks, mate.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Jan 18, 2022
Sold advice. Thanks, mate.
Any time. Personally, I've learned using a MVP to gauge interest tends to save you time in the long-run, while simultaneously providing you with foundational data that's more concrete.

Good luck. Cheers.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
Hey guys.

So the customer base has a problem, but would they pay for a solution? See if you can get any of the people to pay a deposit for early access to the platform or find out how much they would spend. If people aren't ready to take out their credit cards its probably not a "burning problem" for them.
Sounds interesting so far.

Brian5150

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 2, 2022
Hey guys.

It seems to me that if you've got 5 people out of 10 showing interest, it's worth pursuing. If you have an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) ready to launch, have you done a demo for the HR manager you mentioned or did you just tell them about it? Will they spend money on it? If not, find out why. Would your HR manager be willing to partner with you for a first implementation to work out the bugs? And, for SaaS, you'll need to demo to quite a few prospective customers before you get that first bite, unless your product is so brilliant that it will instantly solve a big problem for them and you have very few competitors. I would put together a nice landing page where people sign up for a Zoom call demo and put some ads on LinkedIn to see if you can get some interest. That should get you started to some degree.

Bottom line, I wouldn't go through all the work of building a fully functional app unless I had undeniable proof of concept first. There is a chasm between your HR manager saying your app would be helpful for his team and the HR manager willing to give you money for it. Keep going and you'll find your way.

Pranav_Banerjee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 28, 2022
So the customer base has a problem, but would they pay for a solution? See if you can get any of the people to pay a deposit for early access to the platform or find out how much they would spend. If people aren't ready to take out their credit cards its probably not a "burning problem" for them.
Sounds interesting so far.
Exactly my thoughts. At the end of the day, I need my customers to pay for the service. Only one way to know - validate more using an MVP.

Pranav_Banerjee

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 28, 2022
It seems to me that if you've got 5 people out of 10 showing interest, it's worth pursuing. If you have an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) ready to launch, have you done a demo for the HR manager you mentioned or did you just tell them about it? Will they spend money on it? If not, find out why. Would your HR manager be willing to partner with you for a first implementation to work out the bugs? And, for SaaS, you'll need to demo to quite a few prospective customers before you get that first bite, unless your product is so brilliant that it will instantly solve a big problem for them and you have very few competitors. I would put together a nice landing page where people sign up for a Zoom call demo and put some ads on LinkedIn to see if you can get some interest. That should get you started to some degree.

Bottom line, I wouldn't go through all the work of building a fully functional app unless I had undeniable proof of concept first. There is a chasm between your HR manager saying your app would be helpful for his team and the HR manager willing to give you money for it. Keep going and you'll find your way.
No, mate. I don't have an MVP ready. I am trying to figure out if it is even worth it to start working on the app. My plan of action is to contact a few more people, and then start building the MVP and take it further from there.
Thanks for the response

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 15, 2023
People say a lot of things but that doesn't mean they will take action. I agree with previous comments that you need to create it and test it out first.

You could create a one page website to promote it but make sure to focus on the benefits of your product, not the features.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 11, 2018
Can you create a prototype in Figma that users can play with to get initial feedback quickly?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.