The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building A Business To Fund My Dream Of Playing Pro Golf

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

diece

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 15, 2017
Ontario
Alright, hows it going guys?

I'm Diece and welcome to my Execution thread.

So let's cut the crap.

What do I want to achieve?

• Move to British Columbia (I need about 5k for this and currently live at home)
  • Making 4kish a month
  • New car (as much as I'd love a BMW, I think I need something reliable especially with golf being such a high-travel sport)

Most of these smaller tasks are just a means to an end though, my true goal is to play professional golf and dominate the pro circuit (Starting with the Canadian Tour).

However, to do that I really need to be in a position where I can practice my game often without constraints of an employer.

This is why many of the successful guys in golf come from rich backgrounds.

Golf is expensive and playing pro golf is even more so, working a regular "job" is not going to provide me with the money needed to play and compete nor is it going to give me the time to practice.

Currently, I work at a golf course in the restaurant as a bartender/server. I'm great with the members, understand sales (I have a sales background from living in Montreal for a while, had to sell on the street (no not drugs) and I'm terrific with names as well as customer service but this sort of job takes too many hours and the pay isn't good enough (about 900 every two weeks).

Which is why I've made the decision to start my own business that can run somewhat passively, meaning that I don't need to spend 6+ hours a day once it's stable to keep my profits around the 4k mark.

What I've Tried

I'm not new to business but I'm definitely what one would call a "wantrepreneur", I just don't take enough action and I get really intimidated with business in general.

A few past "businesses" I've had are

• Freelance Copywriting on Reddit, made about $50 from this
  • Content Writing, made $150 from this
  • Landscaping (I did gardening and a bunch of manual work), made $500 in 2 days

Things I've sort of tried (I say sort of because I didn't really put much action towards them)

• DropShipping (I don't like how Aliexpress feels like I'm ripping off people and products are shoddy quality)
  • Niche sites, I don't really understand these at all
  • Affiliate Marketing, similar to Niche sites but most of the info I found felt scammy

I avoid anything that's scammy which is why the 3 things I've looked into I've left.

I left Copywriting because I didn't want to sell peoples products that I have 0 interest in and I left Content Writing because I was tired of writing about bullshit topics (like Stainless Steel Production). Landscaping won't free my time enough to practice my golf.

What Is The Purpose Of This Thread

Part of the purpose is to give my self a kick in the a$$ and start executing. Another is to share with others my rather unique journey.

I know that I have the work ethic to get this going and I understand that to get a business sustainable my golf game might have to suffer a little and I may not be able to devote enough time to it, those are sacrifices I'm willing to take.

My biggest problem though, is I can't take action.

God Damn.

Whenever I work on business or try to I feel so much Resistance, like there's a huge wall that is just laughing at me because it knows I can't push through it.

Then I stop.

Shelve the idea and move onto another.

This is a common thread between both myself and my brother.

Lots of business ideas.

No F*cking action.

I really want this to stop.

I have no problem waking up at 6AM in the morning to practice golf for 4 hours before I start work but I can't spend more than 4 hours working on business which will make my golf goals easier to accomplish and give me an Unfair Advantage (hehe) over others.

Here's my pattern with business.

1. Idea comes to mind
  2. Research for days
  3. More Research
  4. Get Discouraged
  5. Continue Research
  6. More Discouragement
  7. Anger and Frustration
  8. Give Up
I want to break this.

I aslo think I need to look at different models for making cash, instead of DropShipping, Copywriting, Affiliate Sites / Marketing. Obviously those models aren't working and I've found that I'm not that interested in them.

One thing I've looked at Today is retail arbitrage or flipping

Obviously, not a very sustainable model but I know if I had more money it would make building a sustainable business easier and faster.

Wrap - Up

So what's the first step?

Well...

Tonight after I submit this, I'm going to look at items that I can buy on Kijiji and re-sell on Ebay or vice versa.

Tomorrow, I'm going to actually buy a product and see if I can flip it.

Tired of not taking action.....

Even just now, another idea came to my head.

Since I have a basic copywriting background, what if I contacted businesses on Kijiji to see if they're interested in a re-write of their ad to get more customers.

Hell...

That might be better than flipping/retail arbitrage.

Idk.

Another idea I've had is to create an e-mail list about golf and the lessons I've learned. I've given this a lot of thought and idk, another thing I've never executed on. I always rationalize out of this because I don't really know "how" I play golf...I just do. It's somewhat natural for me.

The bottom line is,

That I need to jump into the river (a good analogy considering I'm a terrible swimmer).

P.S I'd rather you guys be harsh on me, I need to take action and I need to stop playing business. If you guys see major faults in my thinking or attitude throughout this thread, give my head a shake.

P.P.S
DSC_1481.jpg

(Speaking of swimming, here's a picture I took of a little river near my house that I swim, great place to unwind and forget about things. Just don't bring your phone)

Bye for now!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

diece

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 15, 2017
Ontario
First day,

Spent about an hour working on this before work.

Looked up some products that I could sell...

First one was Muskoka Chairs, they can be picked up pretty cheaply on Kijiji and they sell for a good amount (150+ depending on wood used) on Ebay.

Problem seems to be, there aren't very many Auctions for the chairs on Ebay. Infact, there was none. Which leads me to belive that no one wants to buy a chair on eBay.

However --

I wonder if there's a market for these, they're about 100 dollars in store and on Kijiji some nice ones can be had for 50 or 2 for 100. Just have to find the right buyer that wants to pay 70-80 dollars a chair.

A good idea might be to look around for people who just bought a home in this area (not sure how to do this), as I know these type of chairs are very popular in the countryside and way overpriced in stores.

Anyway, I'm off to work. Was kinda hoping I'd get called off because it's raining and no one likes to golf in the rain but oh well.

I finish at 430 and I'm going to invest more time into this idea.

diece

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 15, 2017
Ontario

ACTION.

I'm 100% determined to make my goals a reality.

Today I took...

You guessed it.

Action.

I did a good amount of research today and I have a general idea of how I'm going to do this.

Tomorrow I'm going to some local stores and scan a bunch of items, trying to find ones with decent margins ($3.00) or more.

I'm going to allow myself to spend $100 for this experiment, probably not spending it all in one go but I definitely will be grabbing a few items and listing them on Amazon.

Now, while we wait for the sun to come back up, I'm going to learn about listing on Amazon and how to actually figure out the shipping part and whether I want to ship to Amazon or just operate out of my dad's place for now.

I keep fighting with myself because I think I can't do this then I have to remind myself that making 5k through this isn't that hard and I don't have to be a genius to do it.

But...

With that said,

We have to start small.

I want to make $10 through this first.

Then move to bigger numbers.

One obstacle that I have to figure out is shipping and me being in Canada (shipping is NOT cheap here sadly..)

Perhaps some Canadian can pop in and offer some advice.

One MAJOR plus side to what I'm doing is that it's a lead-in to private labeling which is something that I'm very interested in, I've actually had the idea for some of my own products a while ago but because of lack of cash, they never happened.

In the future, if this is successful I'm going to transition to private-labeling but I definitely need to start with the training wheels first and learn simple Retail Arbitrage.

Oh ya..

One more thing.

This is a picture of a waterfall near my house, taken just after winter..

And guess what my crazy a** did.

I walked under it & meditated.

Lasted just under a minute.

Freezing cold water attacking my skin.

Just a reminder that life is worth living.

waterfall.jpg

Last edited:

diece

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 15, 2017
Ontario
Damn..

So much for that.

Gotta wait 2 days for Amazon to process my sellers account.

Oh well,

Action was taken.

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Most of these smaller tasks are just a means to an end though, my true goal is to play professional golf and dominate the pro circuit (Starting with the Canadian Tour).

However, to do that I really need to be in a position where I can practice my game often without constraints of an employer.

This is why many of the successful guys in golf come from rich backgrounds.

Golf is expensive and playing pro golf is even more so, working a regular "job" is not going to provide me with the money needed to play and compete nor is it going to give me the time to practice.

I see where you're coming from Diece. While golf is not my type of sport, I'm a racing driver working to become pro. Motorsports draws a lot of similarities,

- It's expensive
- You need to commit a lot of time to travel, training and racing
- Most racing drivers come from rich families.

My family is doing alright and working hard to fund my career. But like you I want to start out and make few thousand dollars a month to be financially independent, and have the time to further my racing career.

My biggest problem though, is I can't take action.

God Damn.

Whenever I work on business or try to I feel so much Resistance, like there's a huge wall that is just laughing at me because it knows I can't push through it.

Then I stop.

Shelve the idea and move onto another.

This is a common thread between both myself and my brother.

Lots of business ideas.

No f*cking action.

Have you read Unscripted or The Millionaire Fastlane ? From what I see, maybe you've not experienced a F*ck This Event. For me, I know I keep experiencing mine's and can't wait to change things around in my life.

I left Copywriting because I didn't want to sell peoples products that I have 0 interest in and I left Content Writing because I was tired of writing about bullshit topics (like Stainless Steel Production). Landscaping won't free my time enough to practice my golf.

You seem to be chasing money, instead of actually trying to deliver of value to potential customers. There are business owners who desperately need better copy to sell more, or better content to market better. I understand these businesses may not be right for you, but with any business, your focus needs to be in the right place: your customers!

Seriously though, MJ's book will help you out a lot.

mikey3times

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jun 21, 2013
Massachusetts
Can you teach people golf skills online? Maybe film your practice sessions and talk through what you are doing. Then turn that into a course or paid membership site. Serious hobbyists spend lots of money.

Then you are working and practicing at the same time. 2 birds, 1 stone.

Also, you are chasing money. Find a need that you can provide. If you haven’t, read the books.

I need to learn how to take a divot AFTER I hit the ball, not before. Can you teach me how to do that consistently? If so, I might pay for that even if you aren’t a golf pro.

diece

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 15, 2017
Ontario
I see where you're coming from Diece. While golf is not my type of sport, I'm a racing driver working to become pro. Motorsports draws a lot of similarities,

- It's expensive
- You need to commit a lot of time to travel, training and racing
- Most racing drivers come from rich families.

My family is doing alright and working hard to fund my career. But like you I want to start out and make few thousand dollars a month to be financially independent, and have the time to further my racing career.

Have you read Unscripted or The Millionaire Fastlane ? From what I see, maybe you've not experienced a F*ck This Event. For me, I know I keep experiencing mine's and can't wait to change things around in my life.

You seem to be chasing money, instead of actually trying to deliver of value to potential customers. There are business owners who desperately need better copy to sell more, or better content to market better. I understand these businesses may not be right for you, but with any business, your focus needs to be in the right place: your customers!

Seriously though, MJ's book will help you out a lot.

I should really look into the book, sounds like it's got a lot of information in it that can help me.

Interesting that 2 people have said I'm chasing money, that definitely feels like what I'm doing.

And,

Motorsports are dope, that's an unreal career path.

What type of car are you racing right now?

Just carts?

Can you teach people golf skills online? Maybe film your practice sessions and talk through what you are doing. Then turn that into a course or paid membership site. Serious hobbyists spend lots of money.

Then you are working and practicing at the same time. 2 birds, 1 stone.

Also, you are chasing money. Find a need that you can provide. If you haven’t, read the books.

I need to learn how to take a divot AFTER I hit the ball, not before. Can you teach me how to do that consistently? If so, I might pay for that even if you aren’t a golf pro.

I can teach that.

The answer is it's mainly involved with the weight transfer, if you're hitting it chunky you're not shifting your weight which is probably deeply rooted in an arm swing and not a swing that involves the upper body. Cause in an arm swing, you can't really shift your weight so it's hard to go through the ball (causes chunks).

I might have to look more into this, I always thought because I'm not a pro (yet) that people can't get help from me.

Perhaps I'm wrong.

mikey3times

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jun 21, 2013
Massachusetts
You are wrong.

Some people like learning from someone a few steps ahead of them. If you really explain something well then you can teach...and get paid for it. Plus you can take people on your journey and share your struggles with them. It makes you more relatable than Tiger or Phil.

If anyone has ever thanked you for helping them improve their game then I think you might be able to do it. Although there is probably a lot of competition in the Teach Golf space.

Impostor syndrome - Wikipedia

Also, do a forum search for imposter syndrome.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Ok here goes....this is a massive action faking/money chasing thread full of so many limiting beliefs that I’m not entirely sure where to start.

I spent 8 years as a PGA Head Professional at a high end private club in La Quinta, CA. While there I played with some of the top PGA tour players, legends of the game and spent countless hours with their coaches and the highest rated teachers in the world.

First, I love your enthusiasm to dominate the game, you need that kind of attitude. The fact that you are waiting for the perfect time suggests that while you may be exceptional at golf, you have a long road ahead of you. If you are THAT good that world domination is an option then there are plenty of smaller tournaments and tours you can participate in and you should have no trouble winning every one you enter. In addition, if you are good with the members, play with some of them. Blow them away with how good you are and gently insert your goal to play professional. I saw many an aspiring pro get backed by a wealthy member of our club.

Why aren’t you working from 5am-1pm and practicing the rest of the day or vice versa? Ian Poulter was an assistant pro at a course before he made it. Of all the tour guys I’ve met and played it I’ve never seen them spend more than 4-5 hours in a given day practicing/playing. They would burnout and stop loving the game.

What I can attest to is that some of the best teachers alive today are NOT good players at all, nor do they have any “credentials” if you can teach golf, people don’t care how you learned or how good you are. You could easily teach the game IF you can find your way into that market.

When you read Unscripted pay attention to the part where MJ describes the guy with the “cure for cancer.” Would you care where he went to Med school let alone if he even graduated 2nd grade? Golf is the same way. Make somebody better and they don’t care and don’t ask if you personally can’t break 80.

You are 100% correct that golf is an expensive game and a difficult one, there are many problems with the game and that creates many potential solutions/business ideas.

@mikey3times stick a tee down in the ground in front of the ball and focus on getting the tee out of the ground, you’ll HAVE to hit down on the ball and taking a divot after to achieve that.

diece

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 15, 2017
Ontario
Ok here goes....this is a massive action faking/money chasing thread full of so many limiting beliefs that I’m not entirely sure where to start.

I spent 8 years as a PGA Head Professional at a high end private club in La Quinta, CA. While there I played with some of the top PGA tour players, legends of the game and spent countless hours with their coaches and the highest rated teachers in the world.

First, I love your enthusiasm to dominate the game, you need that kind of attitude. The fact that you are waiting for the perfect time suggests that while you may be exceptional at golf, you have a long road ahead of you. If you are THAT good that world domination is an option then there are plenty of smaller tournaments and tours you can participate in and you should have no trouble winning every one you enter. In addition, if you are good with the members, play with some of them. Blow them away with how good you are and gently insert your goal to play professional. I saw many an aspiring pro get backed by a wealthy member of our club.

Why aren’t you working from 5am-1pm and practicing the rest of the day or vice versa? Ian Poulter was an assistant pro at a course before he made it. Of all the tour guys I’ve met and played it I’ve never seen them spend more than 4-5 hours in a given day practicing/playing. They would burnout and stop loving the game.

What I can attest to is that some of the best teachers alive today are NOT good players at all, nor do they have any “credentials” if you can teach golf, people don’t care how you learned or how good you are. You could easily teach the game IF you can find your way into that market.

When you read Unscripted pay attention to the part where MJ describes the guy with the “cure for cancer.” Would you care where he went to Med school let alone if he even graduated 2nd grade? Golf is the same way. Make somebody better and they don’t care and don’t ask if you personally can’t break 80.

You are 100% correct that golf is an expensive game and a difficult one, there are many problems with the game and that creates many potential solutions/business ideas.

@mikey3times stick a tee down in the ground in front of the ball and focus on getting the tee out of the ground, you’ll HAVE to hit down on the ball and taking a divot after to achieve that.

Interesting insight,

Essentially, it seems I'm sitting on a great business opportunity that aligns perfectly with what I want to do with my life.

I bought The FastLane book, read a lot of it today gonna read more later tonight, accompanied with a nice cigar of course.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I am working while I pursue this goal, my hours in the restaurant vary and aren't the same times. Sometimes open, sometimes close, sometimes in the middle. Today it's 4-close (9/10).

Admitably, my tournament records haven't been that great. I started taking the game seriously a year and a half ago. Went from never breaking 80, to doing it relatively consistently and then this year I've broken par multiple times and have a handicap of a 1/2. I've seen first hand what the guys on the Canadian Tour can do, I'm definitely not there yet.

My club isn't really wealthy. Moslty retired factory workers.

What I'm gathering is I need to kill my limiting beliefs, I guess I have more than I thought.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Interesting insight,

Essentially, it seems I'm sitting on a great business opportunity that aligns perfectly with what I want to do with my life.

I bought The FastLane book, read a lot of it today gonna read more later tonight, accompanied with a nice cigar of course.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I am working while I pursue this goal, my hours in the restaurant vary and aren't the same times. Sometimes open, sometimes close, sometimes in the middle. Today it's 4-close (9/10).

Admitably, my tournament records haven't been that great. I started taking the game seriously a year and a half ago. Went from never breaking 80, to doing it relatively consistently and then this year I've broken par multiple times and have a handicap of a 1/2. I've seen first hand what the guys on the Canadian Tour can do, I'm definitely not there yet.

My club isn't really wealthy. Moslty retired factory workers.

What I'm gathering is I need to kill my limiting beliefs, I guess I have more than I thought.

I wish you luck my friend, professional golf is not an easy path to go down.

In the meantime, take advantage of your time at the bar and restaurant to listen to what people are saying. Everybody comes in after their round and talks about...their round. What struggles did they have? What areas do they want to improve in? Those are goldmines of potential business ideas.

As an example, most everybody practices WAY too much with their driver. Not because it helps their game significantly but because long drives are sexy. So they want to hit it further. Two ways to do that...swing faster (which means better technique or fitness which most people won’t commit to) or improve launch angle. I designed and am sourcing a simple, effective and inexpensive training aid to maximize any golfers launch angle. The golfer market is there at ~16 million in the US alone, I know from experience they all want to hit it further so I’m looking to provide for that need.

diece

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 15, 2017
Ontario
I wish you luck my friend, professional golf is not an easy path to go down.

In the meantime, take advantage of your time at the bar and restaurant to listen to what people are saying. Everybody comes in after their round and talks about...their round. What struggles did they have? What areas do they want to improve in? Those are goldmines of potential business ideas.

As an example, most everybody practices WAY too much with their driver. Not because it helps their game significantly but because long drives are sexy. So they want to hit it further. Two ways to do that...swing faster (which means better technique or fitness which most people won’t commit to) or improve launch angle. I designed and am sourcing a simple, effective and inexpensive training aid to maximize any golfers launch angle. The golfer market is there at ~16 million in the US alone, I know from experience they all want to hit it further so I’m looking to provide for that need.

It's definitely not an easy path, when I drove 3 hours to go watch a Mackenzie Tour event I was blown away at the skills the players had. I've never seen long irons hit like that before, even on my best strikes and from the local "pros" here.

I've been taking advantage of working at the bar but not in that way, most common problems I hear are about putting and driver. Very few times do people talk about a bad wedge game or bad irons. I really like this idea, I'm pretty close to a lot of the members so I'm sure I could get some great info about their games and what they want to improve.

People practice a lot with their driver and the funny thing is, most people still stink at it. Do you need any help with your product? I can message you and tell you what skills I have and what I can do for you.

Tell me your routine for practicing on a short day. Assume you have 2 hours.

My routine for golf?

Or business?

For golf it really varies, depends on what I think I need to work on and where my game is at.

Today I practice for about 2 hours and focused mainly on my long irons (they cost me a lot of strokes in my tournament) . I've been slicing my irons too much and I wanted to get to the bottom of it, I found out that most of the problem was in my take-away. Too far inside, then nowhere to go but over the top creating a weak slice.

Typically though, every range session I work on my wedges. I run through 58, 54 and my pitching wedge to varying targets of 50 yards, 75 yards and 100 yards.

I typically try to have a very clear objective of what I want to do when I practice, sometimes it's just wedges, others its driver, sometimes its putter, it really varies. Last session I focused on hitting more accurate wedges to about 75 yard target. Working the shots in from different trajectories and spin rates (hard to control spin, did it rarely).

BTW

I bought the Fast Lane book.

Reading it right now..

Damn.

I've been doing this whole

"Get Wealthy"

Thing all wrong.

I'm starting to see why my businesses and ideas never went anywhere.

I was stuck in the hustler mindet.

Can't you write an eBook about golf?

I could...

I know eBooks are relatively low ROI but a good way to market, get my name out there and boost credibility.

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Hmm there are some good insights in this thread. I've gotten a few ideas to apply to my racing career.

Motorsports are dope, that's an unreal career path.

What type of car are you racing right now?

Just carts?

This year I'm racing in Formula 4. Looking to step up to Formula 3 soon.

ABC_8316.jpg

I also race KZ shifter karts every now and then. They're absolutely mental. They do 0-60mph in 3 seconds, and I find them more fun than race cars

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
I typically try to have a very clear objective of what I want to do when I practice, sometimes it's just wedges, others its driver, sometimes its putter, it really varies. Last session I focused on hitting more accurate wedges to about 75 yard target. Working the shots in from different trajectories and spin rates (hard to control spin, did it rarely).

Nice! You stated a practice objective, broke it down into parts, focused on those parts and supplemented with good habits (wedge practice). This is exactly the same for building a business. Try applying your practice routine to the world of business. I think you will be amazed how well it transfers.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Nice! You stated a practice objective, broke it down into parts, focused on those parts and supplemented with good habits (wedge practice). This is exactly the same for building a business. Try applying your practice routine to the world of business. I think you will be amazed how well it transfers.

Read this a couple times until it really sinks in. My best guess tells me you’ve been looking for a blockbuster idea. All you need to do is skew value (more on these when you read Unscripted ).

Take Revolution Golf for example, they charge for access to training videos from top instructors (many of which can likely be found free elsewhere) but they SKEW it by advertising “lessons from the worlds top instructors” and people jump all over it.

Learn to provide value, start doing something for free. Give some lessons, learn what they like or don’t like, pain points about golf or just in general. You don’t need to be intrusive, they will offer this to you. Then, just like @Get Right states, break it down into actionable habits and get to it.

FreakyThomas

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 26, 2017
Nice, France
What are the common problems golfers come across these day ? Despite all the technology existing ? Try to start from here!

diece

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 15, 2017
Ontario
I just want to say

I haven't left you guys.

I bought Millionaire FastLane and I'm reading it.

I now see why a lot of my previous business "ideas" failed and why I haven't done anything business wise.

About 60% through the book so I still have more to learn.

But, the part that talks about entry-level and how the lower the barrier to entry the harder it is to stand out and the more exceptional you have to be.

Which kinda relates to my dream of pro golf.

Easy access but you have to be beyond exceptional to make good money at it.

Which has made me re-think whether I want to play pro or if I want to get involved in the industry.

I had a product idea come to mind while at the range today filming my swing, it's about an issue that I've been dealing with a lot and I haven't seen any dominate product online for the issue.

The one on Amazon that's the most purchased & reviewed has about 140 reviews.

It would be a relatively cheap product though, which means if I want to make Big Money I need to have a huge scale since the magnitude is poor.

I want to finish the book before I make any business decisions but I must say--

I feel really good about using my imagination and innovative thinking to help other people and provide them with value. My past business ideas were crap because they were either secretly Slow Lane or they were poorly thought out businesses like "Selling an Online Course" or they were businesses that relied on other businesses like with DropShipping.

I have however made definite plans to move to BC beginning of next year and I'm working hard to save the money necessary. My golf has taken a bit of a hit because of the increase in hours but I'm O.K with that. I need to get out of my dads place and start my own journey through life.

I'm the type of person who's willing to sleep in their car if it means it gets me closer to my goals, I know once I move locations I'm going to flourish and grow a lot. Which is something I need to do

So right now,

Reading FastLane
Saving money to move and change my environment (for the better)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.