The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
May 18, 2023
Hey @Envision, I was just reading this forum and I wanted to say nice job coming so far. But my main question is, your business idea is to buy a bunch of things from houses to storage units and rent them out? If so, I legit had the exact same idea. Except my idea was buy storage units apartments and houses and renovate them to increase monthly rent.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tomco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 9, 2023
I'm in college just to get the peice of paper man but I'm also thinking long term about it as well, most of the stuff we discuss in class I've already taught myself or I'll literally never use in my life. Im fine with that, but I might even get my MBA because one day I will most likely create an investment firm myself and when I'm raising money or working with banks, or whatever the case may be I'll have the credentials but also the track record to get funding, investors, partners, etc. I also want to get it done now before prices get even more crazy (i only have one year left in my undergrad).

Just a side note on the college thing that I've observed - the stats are against the college argument, getting a degree IS PROVEN on average to make you more successful in life than not getting one. Everyone who speaks out against it actually has one - Tai Lopez, Gary V, Grant Cardone, Peter Theil... They may say it's a waste of time and you shouldnt do it but then you have to ask yourself would they be where they are today without it? No doubt they'd all be successful, but would they be where they are today?

What I HATE about college is the racket that's been created to screw students with student loan debt. The government backs the loans essentially allowing schools to raise prices astronomically and they saddle the student with the burden in a stage where the student doesn't understand or care YET about what they're doing to their future.
This speaks to me on so many different levels, thank you for pointing it @Envision!

I always liked studying and going to school (cue the "Nerd!" remarks) but that's where I feel the most fulfilled.

Ok, I now I know that school teaches you more to consume, rather then to become a producer. And true, a degree is just a paper on the wall at the end of the day.
But at least you have something to show, if not to others, at least to yourself, that you can commit and find time to juggle between everything (especially when you decide to continue when you already have a business going). Also a viable plan B to get better work, perhaps.

I know this logic goes against the Unscripted message; but that's just my 2 cents right now, being in school and pursuing entrepreneurship at the same time.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
@Envision
Your example proves that the long road of building physical empires is not that long.

Looking forward to meeting the standards of benefiting from your sterling experience.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Keeping this moving...

With the business, hiring, refining processes, and getting into the right position to scale. Still up over last year. Really trying to get all our products in stock and get the product pipeline rolling. Business is more mental at this level than physical, not sure how else to explain it.

To scale the brand at this point we're focused on refining the fundamentals:
- Team
- Brand packaging
- Systems (ERP infrastracture)
- Scaling marketing spend.

Its pretty simple - more of the same but staying focused on those things.

--------

With my coaching group it's been pretty cool and i've been focused on the business and that group. I know a few people have already seen success the craziest is one of the guys goin from like $500/day in sales to $5k/day in sales in like under 2 months.

"As a seasoned entrepreneur, I wasn’t sure how much I would learn from Roc’s coaching but after just the 1st call, I saw his unique approach to business and wealth creation. Because of this mindset shift, my entire approach to business and wealth building changed entirely. He immediately helped me connect the dots with how to tweak my business for profitability while also building wealth through real estate and shared some of the same techniques he used, I now have a proven plan and because Roc has actually done it himself, I know I can do it too. I am now in my second month of his program and a tangible result I’ve gotten in my own business is introducing a new product based off specific criteria Roc suggested and this product is now generating $5K in sales and $2K in profit every day, I made my money back x 1,000 already."

The shift referenced here was from one of the conversations that were had around margins and I think most people dont succeed in business mainly because their context for the mental models and principles of business arent complete, he had most but you can see what a few tweaks can do...

The above group member had the mechanics of a great brand and some strong products but the fundamental missing component was a focus on margins and scalable acquisition channels. I helped him realize how to structure his margins and where to focus his acquisition channel and he's now moved on to doing over $100k/mo.

I got asked why do this group if im already doing well in life?

Because of reasons like that example there.

Ive shared alot in this forum and on these threads but there is so much more to this game... if you can make the mental shifts and adjustments and surround yourself with the people levels and levels above you. You can change the entire trajectory of your life.

The best feeling is watching someone make that change and live in that new reality that they've created with the knowledge transfer.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Keeping this moving...

With the business, hiring, refining processes, and getting into the right position to scale. Still up over last year. Really trying to get all our products in stock and get the product pipeline rolling. Business is more mental at this level than physical, not sure how else to explain it.

To scale the brand at this point we're focused on refining the fundamentals:
- Team
- Brand packaging
- Systems (ERP infrastracture)
- Scaling marketing spend.

Its pretty simple - more of the same but staying focused on those things.

--------

With my coaching group it's been pretty cool and i've been focused on the business and that group. I know a few people have already seen success the craziest is one of the guys goin from like $500/day in sales to $5k/day in sales in like under 2 months.

"As a seasoned entrepreneur, I wasn’t sure how much I would learn from Roc’s coaching but after just the 1st call, I saw his unique approach to business and wealth creation. Because of this mindset shift, my entire approach to business and wealth building changed entirely. He immediately helped me connect the dots with how to tweak my business for profitability while also building wealth through real estate and shared some of the same techniques he used, I now have a proven plan and because Roc has actually done it himself, I know I can do it too. I am now in my second month of his program and a tangible result I’ve gotten in my own business is introducing a new product based off specific criteria Roc suggested and this product is now generating $5K in sales and $2K in profit every day, I made my money back x 1,000 already."

The shift referenced here was from one of the conversations that were had around margins and I think most people dont succeed in business mainly because their context for the mental models and principles of business arent complete, he had most but you can see what a few tweaks can do...

The above group member had the mechanics of a great brand and some strong products but the fundamental missing component was a focus on margins and scalable acquisition channels. I helped him realize how to structure his margins and where to focus his acquisition channel and he's now moved on to doing over $100k/mo.

I got asked why do this group if im already doing well in life?

Because of reasons like that example there.

Ive shared alot in this forum and on these threads but there is so much more to this game... if you can make the mental shifts and adjustments and surround yourself with the people levels and levels above you. You can change the entire trajectory of your life.

The best feeling is watching someone make that change and live in that new reality that they've created with the knowledge transfer.
It's more profound than that. To mentor, to coach, to teach, you must know the subject inside and out.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Hey Roc, I'm curious to know where you landed/are leaning on the ERP side of things.

I'm not on your level, but I've reached "The Position of F*ck You". We've just now bought another existing business as a turn-around and are going to make some changes to set it up for growth. There's a brick and mortar retail resale component to it that uses a clunky ERP with Catalog and EDI integration. It's also used for inventory management and POS. Right now there's nothing online but we'll be launching on Shopify in 2024.

Aside from a large number of ERP options, I'm struggling to figure out where the demark should be between native Shopify and the ERP system. It's a small business that I want to automate without complicating it so I'm curious to hear what you chose and why (even if it won't apply to me specifically).

Thanks!

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Hey Roc, I'm curious to know where you landed/are leaning on the ERP side of things.

I'm not on your level, but I've reached "The Position of F*ck You". We've just now bought another existing business as a turn-around and are going to make some changes to set it up for growth. There's a brick and mortar retail resale component to it that uses a clunky ERP with Catalog and EDI integration. It's also used for inventory management and POS. Right now there's nothing online but we'll be launching on Shopify in 2024.

Aside from a large number of ERP options, I'm struggling to figure out where the demark should be between native Shopify and the ERP system. It's a small business that I want to automate without complicating it so I'm curious to hear what you chose and why (even if it won't apply to me specifically).

Thanks!

Id go with Brightpearl or Fulfil depending on which fits better for your business. Once you scale you can move to Netsuite

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.