The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Build a website to generate sales for jewellery shop

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
For the past 9 months I was stuck with Android Fragmentation. I tried providing value in every aspects. Still, I wasn’t going anywhere. Final attempt? Joined FLF, though I finished those 2 books.

Yup. I ignored some of the Gold Threads before joining FLF. Huge mistake.

Then, I found @Fox

9 months without any concrete action, objective and sales! I made up my mind to start a web company.

OBJECTIVE: BUILD A WEBSITE TO PROMOTE (I), MARKET (II), GENERATE SALES (III) FOR A FRIEND OF MINE.

Background

I have no idea about this specific industry; JEWELLERY. My main strength and skills is in IT industry (that’s what I took in college), plus 9 months of learning marketing, entrepreneurship, finance and whole loads of Shark Tanks episodes.

We’ll call my friend; Jane. Jane is a business and beauty savvy. I have little knowledge about her business skills yet she dresses like a beauty queen.

Jane is promoting her jewellery via FB. She’s polluting my FB timeline.

SOME OF THE BRAINSTORMING RESULTS THAT I FOUND AFTER LOOKING INTO HER BUSINESS:

· Jane has no specific online market target.

· She has no FB page.

· No specific ads.

· Her jewellery pics are posted poorly.

· The testimonies are doubtful.

· Jane doesn’t exists in Google Search results.

· Her products are sold by most of the Malaysian Internet population.

· Jane has no idea that she can start an online jewellery shop.

The purpose of this thread is:

i. Tracking my progress. How many progress that I made since it’s posted? Am I faking my entrepreneurial journey?

ii. Feedback from FLF. Berate me harshly. I need Kevin O’Leary here.

iii. Self-reminder. Making promise to yourself is easy. Fulfilling is hard. But, when promises are made in front of a group of people it’s difficult to give in.​

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Engaging the Market

Searching on Google for Jane’s Jewellery (oh, that’s accidental, might use that for her website) popped up various results:

i. Mainly about the gold rate that she’s offering

ii. Gold classifieds

iii. And the ‘gold mine’.

The ‘Gold Mine”

I termed the jewellery online shop that I found as ‘gold mine’ because this is where I can foresee my value. This is where I can see the competition that exists.

1. Gold Mine A

· Various jewellery items

· Good UX an UI

· Average looking pics

· Updated

· They have their own app

· Key contact available (person, location, operating hours etc)

· Provides GPS

· Linked to their own social media page

2. Gold Mine B

They did all of the above – PROFESSIONALLY! Every aspects was beaten dead. They even provide e-commerce transaction. Best of all, a feature for determining ring size is also available.

I noticed the big difference is of course the language provided. A is using the country's official language whereas B is using English.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Do you have a follow up? Did you make a new web site for your nicely dressed friend with the gold jewelry?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.