The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Books On Mental Toughness?

For any book discussion

DayIFly

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 16, 2012
Your WHY must be stronger than the adversities you're facing in a particular moment. The most famous people, people that we remember for hundreds of years, had all a vision that they were willing to die for. And often they did indeed die. Whether you'd agree with their visions is not the point.

Read about what your ancestors had to go through to build your particular country from the ground up. Look at all the amazing things they invented for you. It all paved the way for your life today and all the comfortable things you have around you.

We think that we have a free choice to do whatever we like and to squander our free time. Or to give up. But are we really entitled to all of this? In the big picture, we are simply temporary carriers of that legacy.

And we have the moral duty to preserve and contribute to that legacy and to pass it over to our children as they do to their children. Through this we become immortal.

I personally like this view because it shows how small we really are and at the same time how incredibly large we can potentially be.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
Your WHY must be stronger than the adversities you're facing in a particular moment. The most famous people, people that we remember for hundreds of years, had all a vision that they were willing to die for. And often they did indeed die. Whether you'd agree with their visions is not the point.

Read about what your ancestors had to go through to build your particular country from the ground up. Look at all the amazing things they invented for you. It all paved the way for your life today and all the comfortable things you have around you.

We think that we have a free choice to do whatever we like and to squander our free time. Or to give up. But are we really entitled to all of this? In the big picture, we are simply temporary carriers of that legacy.

And we have the moral duty to preserve and contribute to that legacy and to pass it over to our children as they do to their children. Through this we become immortal.

I personally like this view because it shows how small we really are and at the same time how incredibly large we can potentially be.

I am reading 2 books that pretends to your reply, "Men's search for meaning" by Viktor Frankl and "The road to character" by David Brooks, it really shows that life doesn't own us anything, it is up to us to live it up. And in fact, most of those ancestors who did amazing things with their vision are less perfect than we think they are, they are just as flawed as we are right now, but they believed in the why and pushed though no matter what, and built the world we live in today. Steve Jobs once said, "If you understand that "Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact: Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you and you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use. " couldn't be more true.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
177 Mental Toughness Secrets by Steven Siebold
http://www.mentaltoughnesssecrets.com/

Audiobook is solid.

+1 on the Obstacle Is The Way

Just met Ryan at AWA in Bangkok couple weeks ago
Great speaker

also,

Problem Solving 101 by Ken Watanabe

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
Three ways to have a rock solid mindset:

1. Experiencing BIG challenges/obstacles/pain in life.
2. Building up your confidence by taking action & being the best. (physical activities is a big plus)
3. Detaching yourself from external judgement. (that's a big one)

Number 3 is the biggest factor in my opinion.

The day you will be able to detach yourself from what other people think about you, you'll just be you and nothing else will "shake" you because you won't care.

By the way, there is no such thing as reading a book and then having a rock solid mindset. (just my personal opinion)

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
Three ways to have a rock solid mindset:

1. Experiencing BIG challenges/obstacles/pain in life.
2. Building up your confidence by taking action & being the best. (physical activities is a big plus)
3. Detaching yourself from external judgement. (that's a big one)

Number 3 is the biggest factor in my opinion.

The day you will be able to detach yourself from what other people think about you, you'll just be you and nothing else will "shake" you because you won't care.

By the way, there is no such thing as reading a book and then having a rock solid mindset. (just my personal opinion)

I am going to challenge you on that one.

It's the day that you will be able to detach yourself from judging other people and think about what other peoples are, you will have nothing that can "shake" you.

Laverdure

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 18, 2012
I am going to challenge you on that one.

It's the day that you will be able to detach yourself from judging other people and think about what other peoples are, you will have nothing that can "shake" you.

It surely start from within.

Richie_Sage

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 31, 2015
Not really a step-by-step guide, but Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl certainly comes to mind when you mention mental toughness.

I second this as well, this one is an awesome book, filled with heart-breaking emotions, body shaking stories and the best part is that it's all real.

jameslague

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2016
Along this same line, I've read several Navy SEAL books that tell their stories, but cover the mental and physical sides of what they do. These books, while sometimes not specifically written for mental toughness, are a huge motivator for me to not only be physically in-shape, but to develop the never quit mindset and other mentally tough attributes.

A few recommendations: Fearless (amazing book), Lone Survivor, American Sniper, No Easy Day, and The Red Circle. I've read several others but they're not coming to mind at the moment.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.