- Joined
- Nov 14, 2011
- Messages
- 347
Rep Bank
$1,105
$1,105
User Power: 113%
So sales have already begun for the hectic day which we refer to as "black Friday". I had a few gift ideas in mind for my girl, so I figured I'd take a quick look. Walmart's sales started at 6pm tonight. As i rolled up to walmart I began to laugh to myself. There was caution tape lining the crosswalks, police enforcement at the doors, parking lots filled to the max, and people everywhere. I entered the store now almost as a social experiment just to observe consumer behavior during such a hectic time of shopping.
This brings us to the topic of time valuation. I saw the lines had to be at least a half hour wait, every single one of them. I knew at that moment I would not purchase anything. Saving a few dollars is not worth the loss of time I would experience by waiting in those lines. Hundreds of people were lined up like drones, at least that's the way I saw it. I proceeded to the back of the store and time valuation was at an all time low. There were lines of people waiting for a product release that weaved through several isles. I can't even begin to estimate how long they would be waiting.
I took a quick look at what I came for, saw less than phenomenal prices, and proceeded to exit and go home. Why would I spend such a long time in line when on any given day i can find bargains on the internet and have them delivered right to me without moving a muscle. This brings us to the topic of entrepreneurial opportunity. Obviously some consumers will be smart enough to shop online. Opportunity. Obviously consumers will flock by the thousands to a retail store for a great sale. Opportunity. "Cyber Monday" brings consumers to the internet market for more holiday shopping. Opportunity.
I believe a respected member on here once said that many of the products, particularly electronics, aren't even the same items on black Friday. They are specifically made to fit the cheaper price tag.
Anyone else have any thoughts of stories about black friday?
This brings us to the topic of time valuation. I saw the lines had to be at least a half hour wait, every single one of them. I knew at that moment I would not purchase anything. Saving a few dollars is not worth the loss of time I would experience by waiting in those lines. Hundreds of people were lined up like drones, at least that's the way I saw it. I proceeded to the back of the store and time valuation was at an all time low. There were lines of people waiting for a product release that weaved through several isles. I can't even begin to estimate how long they would be waiting.
I took a quick look at what I came for, saw less than phenomenal prices, and proceeded to exit and go home. Why would I spend such a long time in line when on any given day i can find bargains on the internet and have them delivered right to me without moving a muscle. This brings us to the topic of entrepreneurial opportunity. Obviously some consumers will be smart enough to shop online. Opportunity. Obviously consumers will flock by the thousands to a retail store for a great sale. Opportunity. "Cyber Monday" brings consumers to the internet market for more holiday shopping. Opportunity.
I believe a respected member on here once said that many of the products, particularly electronics, aren't even the same items on black Friday. They are specifically made to fit the cheaper price tag.
Anyone else have any thoughts of stories about black friday?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
