The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Black Friday

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
I'm sure I'm not the only one on here that will be out working retail on Black Friday tomorrow but hopefully most of you will be curled up in bed at 3am while we are off at work for the "holiday" tomorrow.
I don't do any shopping myself on Black Friday since I've always worked retail and am at the store but maybe we'll get lucky and there will be a Black Friday INSIDERS subscription special on here tomorrow, that's a deal I'd be buying for sure! ;)
Hope you all had a great holiday and from all the new comers like myself recently thanks for all your participation and replies to threads that keep this forum alive and such a great resource!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Texan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 8, 2012
Texas
I love Black Friday because customers be like:
futurama-shut-up-and-take-my-money-card-34.jpg

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
I love black friday! Where else can I get a 55"4k tv for only one low price of 449$.

Netflix will never be the same!

1iLJkKh.gif

ddall

continuous self-improvement
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
402%
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto, ON
When people shop and make purchases they get a dopamine spike, a feel good satisfaction. This is scientifically validated beyond being anecdotally obvious. With 'sales' (often times the sales are negligible due to prices being raised prior to the drop) on, and a social frenzy to buy before items are sold out, the incentive to make purchases are ever greater and the barriers to withstand these impulses lower.

You can go to a mall and see people indulging, dopamine hits galore from the sugar/carb rich Cinnabun and fruit smoothie, and the care free spending. The brain's alight with neurological activity sending pleasure all over as the credit card is swiped and the fake food is guzzled down, spike spike spike, keep the deals coming, swipe swipe swipe, keep buying, keep eating.

This is not unlike a drug addiction, people spending their money to get a temporary hit. The more they buy, the less their resistance to more purchasing (called a buying frenzy, also scientifically validated). They are addicts going to drug dealers (fast food, walmart, etc) for a fix.

Using this drug analogy, the questions becomes, 'are you a drug dealer, or drug user?'. Which side of the equation would you rather be on?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.