The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Yes, the more I like it and see it as an awesome disrupter and equalizer to the assholes in charge of monetary banking, the more I wonder until it all is made illegal, equivalent to the possession of child p0rn. It won't matter if you have $10M in bitcoin on your Nano Ledger when you're doing life in Leavenworth with no parole.

In other words, I'm starting to like crypto so much because of its decentralization nature and distributive ownership that it feels like the probabilities for banishment continue to rise.

I hope not, but anything that threatens power ultimately is marginalized or worse, criminalized.

The more I learn of the benefits and the threats it poses to powerful institutions, the more it seems likely.

The technology is too powerful. Countries that ban it will simply sentence themselves to being irrelevant globally while others use it for rapid growth. Sort of like the separation of state and church, in the future we'll eventually have the separation of state and money. It's inevitable, though it doesn't mean it will come in the next few years.

Also, you can't really ban it and your crypto is not stored on your Ledger :smile:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest103804

The technology is too powerful. Countries that ban it will simply sentence themselves to being irrelevant globally while others use it for rapid growth. Sort of like the separation of state and church, in the future we'll eventually have the separation of state and money. It's inevitable, though it doesn't mean it will come in the next few years.

Also, you can't really ban it and your crypto is not stored on your Ledger :smile:
What ledger :)

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
It will be classed as smuggling next and the owners pirates

All of you are welcome to join my pirate colony. We'll commandeer a cruise liner, have free wi-fi, you can pay for booze in bitcoin, and we'll just stay on the open ocean, rolling up in friendly places every once in a while to refuel.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
A group on FB: I predicted 2800 for ETH this week.
Now they have banned me for being too pessimistic and irritating new members.

Well sorry, I think the bear market is my foult.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Haha, the global market shitstrom is all YOUR FAULT!!! :rofl:

Remember rule 1 in crypto? Survive. Period.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Wow these prices are nasty! Well, unless you have the scratch to accumulate that is.

kebman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jan 21, 2022
Oslo
Still zero exposure to crypto. Looking to buy capitulation
The fear and greed index is a great tool for that. So is world-wide fear, like we saw in 2020. I was broke, but I put in a small amount back then because I couldn't get in in 2018 when I really really wanted to. This 10x-ed my position using just Bitcoin, but there are alts that did even better. So all I can say is that we're probably close to capitulation, but personally I don't think we're at max pain just yet. Personally I'm now dollar cost averaging the dips, especially since we're also heading into volatile times in the stock market. But then they've said the housing market would crash for about 12 years now, and it hasn't so personally I find it better to be in, than out, and then have a low-ball stop-loss instead. But that's just me.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Nobody know shit. But if you think this tech is useful and will 10x improve on existing tech, not a bad time to get into it.

Like any new tech, it’s a Wild West. Remember dot com? Yet Amazon was born there!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, this stuff is pretty hardcore...

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I finally signed up for twitter in order to start following some more Crypto stuff from people who know more than I do. Who do you guys suggest I follow or whatever for this.

This is also my first time on Twitter, I have no idea what I am doing.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I finally signed up for twitter in order to start following some more Crypto stuff from people who know more than I do. Who do you guys suggest I follow or whatever for this.

View: https://twitter.com/twobitidiot/status/1466438779196039175?s=21

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016

Will Clemente
Benjamin Cowen

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Will Clemente
Benjamin Cowen
These have much knowledge about cryptos ( and stocks), but their predictions came out true not more often than mine. So I take information from them, but make my own conclusions.
Forexample Will allways points out, that you can’t project the past to the future. I have recognized (for me!) that you can project the past of cryptos to the future quite well.
But make your own diligent research!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

I found out, that information from „“serious „ professionals is as valuable as information coming from not at all serious redittors.
So going on Reddit and reading through „Cryptocurrency News & Discussion“ is valuable, too.
You can make yourself a better picture, when you cover all areas of information.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

AnNvr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Apr 5, 2021
Australia

Twitter is noisy; but here few worth accounts:
https://twitter.com/infostien (he has a good informative blog)
https://twitter.com/XRP_OWL (great digger of fundamentals)

Worth readings:

Token Economy 2nd Edition - Shermin Voshmgir
Financial Services Revolution - Alex Tapscott

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
165 pages... Have you read this?
Yes, cover to cover. Highlighted the shit out of it, then followed a few links (like DAOs). It was like drinking from a firehose. Because this is a 300 level course, not a 101 "intro" to crypto. Then I used that info to write my next article for my column. It was very well received.

Also, the main reason I linked this is because you wanted to know who to follow. Follow the author. In the report he lists people he suggests to follow. It's all connected.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
7321DF67-BF38-4532-B3DD-F17AB18CEA1E.jpeg
For those invested in LUKSO, that was in a recent announcement! Looks like we’re going to L16 soon.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
So is this right, the company MicroStrategy "pivoted" from an analytics company to being a proxy for Bitcoin, by purchasing almost $4B in BTC with borrowed money?

They didn't actually pivot away from their previous products and services, they still have those. They are basically just treating bitcoin as corporate treasuries and they invested their own profits. Before they did it they announced the plan to shareholders and offered to repurchase shares from investors who wanted out. Then they also issued a few rounds of debt and issued more equity to purchase additional btc.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
View attachment 41843
For those invested in LUKSO, that was in a recent announcement! Looks like we’re going to L16 soon.
Saw this today too, but it's kinda weird, they don't have L15 back up yet, do they? Wasn't it L15 for a few weeks/months to make sure it's stable before releasing L16 which will be followed by main net?

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Saw this today too, but it's kinda weird, they don't have L15 back up yet, do they? Wasn't it L15 for a few weeks/months to make sure it's stable before releasing L16 which will be followed by main net?
I'm not too sure, maybe they've tested it enough already? Followed by more testing in L16.

Silv

Process driven
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 23, 2019
Curious to see how the Biden administration plans to regulate cryptocurrencies. Many speculate that they are going to try to label DeFi projects into securities (Especially after the Wonderland $TIME fiasco). What do you guys think?Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 11.21.11 AM.png

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Curious to see how the Biden administration plans to regulate cryptocurrencies. Many speculate that they are going to try to label DeFi projects into securities (Especially after the Wonderland $TIME fiasco). What do you guys think?View attachment 41853
Such BS. They create laws and don't have a clue about what they're creating laws for.

robjohn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 31, 2017
USA
Curious to see how the Biden administration plans to regulate cryptocurrencies. Many speculate that they are going to try to label DeFi projects into securities (Especially after the Wonderland $TIME fiasco). What do you guys think?View attachment 41853

Defintely worrying news. That would be terrible for all alt coins.

Do you guys think this is going to happen this year, before mid term elections?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.