The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Colorado will become the first state to accept cryptocurrency as payment for state taxes and fees, Governor Jared Polis announced Wednesday.

Polis said the state, which was also the earliest to use blockchain technology for government infrastructure, will take the digital coin payments and deposit the equivalent value in dollars into the state’s treasury.

“In Colorado, we’ve been laying the groundwork to be a center of crypto and blockchain innovation for a number of years," Polis said in a statement. “We see it as a critical part of Colorado’s overall innovation ecosystem.”

The announcement comes as legislators in other states, including Arizona and California, are proposing laws which, if ratified, would deem cryptocurrency an accepted form of payment statewide, not just for tax purposes.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
When it comes to crypto, it's evident a quality project looking at protocol (utility), team, milestones, tokenomics and partnership.

My thoughts on Ripple are that whoever says is a shitcoin did not understand any of the five points listed above.
Are the same who normally chase instant gratification on meme coins and ponzienomics.

They probably think strippers love them too.

That's funny. Personally, I've only invested in XRP. A friend of mine has 20K XRP at about 0.30 per coin. I'm super impressed by what it does and what it might develop into over time.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
I view this is HUGE news over anything I've read in the past few years.
I agree. I think it would take a lot for the federal government to follow suit, though. Then they would lose control of their printing press!

They want to make their own state-controlled CBDC (central bank digital currency) instead. That way, they can take the desired inflation rate right out of everyone's account, withhold taxes easily, etc.

I think this would be on par with Nixon taking us off the gold standard (in terms of how much our concept of money would change).

AnNvr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
That's funny. Personally, I've only invested in XRP. A friend of mine has 20K XRP at about 0.30 per coin. I'm super impressed by what it does and what it might develop into over time.
Me and your friend are in the same boat.

There are few solid projects out there that are building foundations to stay over the next decade or so, especially when regulatory and compliance will come over ( it is still an unregulated market, but won't last forever ). This regardless price action.

The most important thing is listening to yourself, pick your players based solely on your own research and be patient.

nothingness

I make great coffee
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Mar 3, 2021
UK
What are your thoughts on ripple?

I know a couple of people very invested and into it.

They believe it’s going to be the new world currency and that the court case is a show to delay that from happening while they get everything ready.
If you were going to introduce a new world currency why would you introduce one that random people already own massive amounts of?

AnNvr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
If you were going to introduce a new world currency why would you introduce one that random people already own massive amounts of?
Control through mass adoption.
Pretty much like the Arpanet in the 60s, becoming the internet of things and centralised global data 40 years later.

Just the 4% of the global population seems owning crypto assets and XRP has been designed for institutional amount of cross-border money transactions, so not really "random people" own massive amount of it. But time will tell.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Update from LUKSO’s validation announcement:

‍ **Testnet Update** ‍

Hey @everyone, our tech team has been doing their magic and we have a bit of information we would like to share.

- This week our team has been working on the previously mentioned tasks and is currently finalizing preparations for the release of the **Beta** version of the **L16 Testnet**, currently aimed for next **Monday, March 7th**, if all goes well.

We appreciate your patience and understanding throughout the whole process of development, which can be hard to predict sometimes, and would like to give a special thank you to those of you who will be actively participating in the network! ”

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
My bank account: $0.0005 cents

Crypto:

$700,456,132

I'm poor, and also nervous.
I’ve been saying that about real estate for years. Property rich, cash poor - always.

Totally irrelevant to this thread. But there you have it.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
58546FBE-FF7E-4819-90CE-C73825FB7F3F.jpeg
I’ve been talking about it and meaning to do it for a while now but I finally got my shit together and bought some silver.

I’m still holding all the crypto I have now but any new money I invest will be in silver and gold unless I can find land or businesses and business assets to buy.

A lot of these cryptos and plans line up way too perfectly with the great reset. We are building our own prisons. The metaverse, nfts and cbdc.

Why someone would spend millions on an ape jpg when they could buy a mansion is beyond me.

I currently hold Bitcoin because I do see it’s usecase as digital gold. I can transfer 1 sat to someone across the world or carry millions of dollars in my head across borders if I want. You cannot do that with gold.

I hold eth because I can definitely see it’s future use cases. I think people will look back and laugh at what it’s being used for now. Stupid jpg nft projects.

And I hold lukso because I really respect ace and I see value in listening to people clearly smarter than me. I also watched Fabian’s talk at some conference and liked what I heard.

I read somewhere today the Russia is going back to the gold standard. I haven’t bothered to check if it’s true anywhere but hoping for a future where we do that by holding gold is far better in my head than hoping for a future where inflation is so bad we have to hold Bitcoin and everyone’s living in a metaverse.

One thing I have against gold and silver is that it’s just as useless as crypto or a brick. And it’s not very liquid. Buying it has been a mission and I know selling it will be the same. Not to mention the spread these bullion dealers have.

Investing in property or income producing assets like businesses makes far more sense to me. However in the current market they are near impossible to buy.

I was listening to Andy frisella podcast the other day and he had a good point which the picture above hints at. Imagine how bad inflation would be if people didn’t put all this money that was printed into crypto.

Anyway that’s my ramblings on me diversifying my investments a little bit more.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Why someone would spend millions on an ape jpg when they could buy a mansion is beyond me.

Because they think there's a bigger fool who will buy it from them. The real estate market wouldn't allow such speculation.

One thing I have against gold and silver is that it’s just as useless as crypto or a brick. And it’s not very liquid. Buying it has been a mission and I know selling it will be the same. Not to mention the spread these bullion dealers have.

Is it though? Both have a long history and pretty much everyone perceives at least some value in them, even if just for jewelry. I'm ignoring industrial and medical uses.

Investing in property or income producing assets like businesses makes far more sense to me. However in the current market they are near impossible to buy.

Yeah each time I consider buying real estate or businesses I stop myself and think that I don't want to invest so much money right away. With crypto, precious metals, and the stock market you can dip your toes. In these, not really.

BAUCE

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jun 21, 2021
Update from LUKSO’s validation announcement:

‍ **Testnet Update** ‍

Hey @everyone, our tech team has been doing their magic and we have a bit of information we would like to share.

- This week our team has been working on the previously mentioned tasks and is currently finalizing preparations for the release of the **Beta** version of the **L16 Testnet**, currently aimed for next **Monday, March 7th**, if all goes well.

We appreciate your patience and understanding throughout the whole process of development, which can be hard to predict sometimes, and would like to give a special thank you to those of you who will be actively participating in the network! ”
Just grabbed a computer that will only be for validating/staking when things are ready.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I'm just being patient through this.

Last time I bought was the end of December.

Still holding, still being patient, we haven't really moved in a year in regards to price, it's been stuck in this range.

AnNvr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
View attachment 42434
I’ve been talking about it and meaning to do it for a while now but I finally got my shit together and bought some silver.

I’m still holding all the crypto I have now but any new money I invest will be in silver and gold unless I can find land or businesses and business assets to buy.

A lot of these cryptos and plans line up way too perfectly with the great reset. We are building our own prisons. The metaverse, nfts and cbdc.

I currently hold Bitcoin because I do see it’s usecase as digital gold. I can transfer 1 sat to someone across the world or carry millions of dollars in my head across borders if I want. You cannot do that with gold.

I hold eth because I can definitely see it’s future use cases. I think people will look back and laugh at what it’s being used for now. Stupid jpg nft projects.

And I hold lukso because I really respect ace and I see value in listening to people clearly smarter than me. I also watched Fabian’s talk at some conference and liked what I heard.

I read somewhere today the Russia is going back to the gold standard. I haven’t bothered to check if it’s true anywhere but hoping for a future where we do that by holding gold is far better in my head than hoping for a future where inflation is so bad we have to hold Bitcoin and everyone’s living in a metaverse.

I was listening to Andy frisella podcast the other day and he had a good point which the picture above hints at. Imagine how bad inflation would be if people didn’t put all this money that was printed into crypto.

Anyway that’s my ramblings on me diversifying my investments a little bit more.
I have found very interesting your content and I support almost everything you have mentioned.

On another note, I would pay high attention on either BTC and ETH (disclaimer: I do not hold them).
ETH dominance is losing grip consistently. The number of protocols running on alternative contracts is increasing.
Also, ETH dominance on chains dropped from 94.97% (August 2020) to 55.84% (today the 8th of March '22).

BTC dominance on the market lost a gradual 30% since an year ago, which makes it the only data to describe 2021 "been stuck in a range" (Alt coins market rose 840%)

You may find useful the data I have attached below.

Attachments

• TOTAL3_2022-03-08_16-35-57.png
    TOTAL3_2022-03-08_16-35-57.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 9
  • BTC.D_2022-03-08_16-34-31.png
    BTC.D_2022-03-08_16-34-31.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot (48).png
    Screenshot (48).png
    139.7 KB · Views: 9

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Why are you guys so convinced of Lukso?

Don’t take me wrong, I allways respect the opinions in this forum, but all I can find of Lukso is from the makers of it. So no maker would write bad about his baby.

AnNvr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
Why are you guys so convinced of Lukso?

Don’t take me wrong, I allways respect the opinions in this forum, but all I can find of Lukso is from the makers of it. So no maker would write bad about his baby.
Good question.

Team and advisors look solid. Check yourself on their website LUKSO - The Blockchain for the New Digital Lifestyle.
The project looks good too, but these protocols about building standards and solutions for physical and digital consumer goods on blockchain are way too unripe to achieve effective milestones. Look at VET.

I look forward to read some more data and references about the milestones and partnership of Lukso.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
LUKSO Announcement:
"Hi @everyone due to sickness with one of our tech lead team members over the weekend we will unfortunately have to postpone the date for the release of Beta L16. Additionally, a few things need to be fine-tuned before release, which we are currently expecting to happen at the beginning of next week. We'd like to remind you that all dates regarding development should be taken as predictions, unless explicitly said differently, and are made only to help prepare our Validators for the upcoming release. As there will always exist the possibility of hiccups along the way. We appreciate everyone's patience and support, and are as excited for the release as you are!
12b7251a9a096c53443ac4efbd01d0a3.svg
"

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I recently saw some thread here on the forum about what fraternity you're a part of. Made me start thinking... Maybe I'll create a token-gated fraternity here on web3. It might be interesting. Prove you're a member via holding the NFT. But more thought has to go into it such as possible member dues, vision, etc... Just a random thought...

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
have you anywhere i can get crypto trading signals? I will appreciate
Google shows.
On Telegram you have about two million Crypto Signal Groups. In every one you can make 10 % a day. Thats about 100000% a day1

Seriously : all crypto trading signals I found are scam.

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
View: https://twitter.com/paddi_hansen/status/1509536318585454597?s=20&t=VdqvrLCbSRrKvp6A1q4vbQ

So the european mafia is cracking down on unhosted wallets. Strangely they may be worried some people are trying to get out of their f*cked up scheme. We already missed web2, let's keep digging our graves by missing the next big opportunity. Please someone get me out of that sh*t...

BREAKING: The ECON & LIBE committees of the EU Parliament voted in favor of the FTR compromises D & E that crack down on “unhosted” wallets.

Entire regulation draft to be voted on later today, but will certainly go through.

Breakdown of the vote & more updates in this thread.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
View: https://twitter.com/paddi_hansen/status/1509536318585454597?s=20&t=VdqvrLCbSRrKvp6A1q4vbQ

So the european mafia is cracking down on unhosted wallets. Strangely they may be worried some people are trying to get out of their f*cked up scheme. We already missed web2, let's keep digging our graves by missing the next big opportunity. Please someone get me out of that sh*t...
I'm not super up on these things, so can you explain it to me like I'm 5 to help me understand?

Is this legislation targeting devices like a Ledger where people have their crypto in "cold storage"?

What exactly are they voting on doing?

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
I'm not super up on these things, so can you explain it to me like I'm 5 to help me understand?

Is this legislation targeting devices like a Ledger where people have their crypto in "cold storage"?

What exactly are they voting on doing?
I'm no expert either and I mostly rely on the observations of people who seem knowledgeable. If you read the twitter thread I linked to earlier, you should get explanations in a better way than I can provide them.

This legislation is targeting "unhosted wallets", which to me refers to both digital wallets (Metamask, Phantom) and hardware (Ledger). Anything that is not KYCd through a CEX actually.

My understanding:
  • the legislation requires to not only collect, but “verify the accuracy of information with respect to the originator or beneficiary behind the unhosted wallet”. Crypto companies may not be willing to interact with unhosted wallets anymore because it doesn't say how they should verify such information to stay compliant.
  • for every crypto transfer from an unhosted wallet over 1kEUR, crypto companies have to inform the AML (Anti Money Laundering) authorities.
  • one year after entry into application, the EU commission will assess the need of “additional specific measures to mitigate the risks posed by transfers from or to unhosted wallets, including the introduction of possible restrictions”
We already know they want to ban cash because it's harder for them to track, now they want to be able to track crypto transactions with verified personal information of both the sender and the receiver, or make them impossible if they can't do so.

Obviously this is all to fight money laundering, terrorism, protect the good citizen and bla bla bla...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.