The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
You buy when it skyrockets, you sell when it dumps.
Future fortune will be yours.

On a serious note, above all else, patience is what you need.
No trader makes any serious money, they are jokes.

Look at the richest in crypto.... all of them HODL for long periods of time.
Diamond hands.
Aren't the pro investors/traders listening and following such news to know whether they should buy? You can time your buys and sells regardless whether you are long term investor or trader.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Aren't the pro investors/traders listening and following such news to know whether they should buy? You can time your buys and sells regardless whether you are long term investor or trader.

LOL.

Pro traders/Investors are the ones making the news that the plebs decide to buy and sell on.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
LOL.

Pro traders/Investors are the ones making the news that the plebs decide to buy and sell on.
Pro traders are the ones making the news? You mean for example Will Clemente is influencing the FED, media and the narrative?

Sounds weird..

And I think the notion of diamond hands is the easy way of investing crypto and sort of like a cultish thing. Will make you lots of money over the long term, but selling high and buying in lower enables you to accumulate more (if you can do that).

Sounds so stupid and sheep-like, diamond hands lol. Sure, you go ahead and hold bitcoin when it goes parabolic from 40k to 200k in a short time frame and hold it all the way down to 40k again xD

Last edited:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Pro traders are the ones making the news? You mean for example Will Clemente is influencing the FED, media and the narrative?

Sounds weird..

And I think the notion of diamond hands is the easy way of investing crypto and sort of like a cultish thing. Will make you lots of money over the long term, but selling high and buying in lower enables you to accumulate more (if you can do that).

Sounds so stupid and sheep-like, diamond hands lol. Sure, you go ahead and hold bitcoin when it goes parabolic from 40k to 200k in a short time frame and hold it all the way down to 40k again xD

Cool man, I donno who Will Mccockdoodle is, I ain't American.

By all means, be the Wolf you animal non-sheep red pill bro, time that shit exactly.

Here is my strategy below:

ball.PNG

You got it all figured out, go hard son.

In all seriousness, just invest how you want to do it.
No one is stopping you.
Whatever you find success in.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Cool man, I donno who Will Mccockdoodle is, I ain't American.

By all means, be the Wolf you animal non-sheep red pill bro, time that shit exactly.

Here is my strategy below:

View attachment 41512

You got it all figured out, go hard son.
I'm not talking about timing it exactly. You dca in and you dca out. Do you seriously think that if BTC goes parabolic because every bloke and his mom and dad starts investing, then its wise to stay all in? Do you know how all previous cycles went? Do you think crypto will go up forever without any major crash?

Lay off the hopium pipe my friend.

I am going all in on crypto abd strongly believe in it (BTC for the most), there is a small risk, so I'm not arguing whether long term it will go up. I'm talking about accumulating more.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I'm not talking about timing it exactly. You dca in and you dca out. Do you seriously think that if BTC goes parabolic because every bloke and his mom and dad starts investing, then its wise to stay all in? Do you know how all previous cycles went? Do you think crypto will go up forever without any mayor crash?

Lay off the hopium pipe my friend.

I am going all in on crypto, there is a small risk, so im not talking about the long term. I'm talking about accumulating more.

My hopium pipe is as follows, I smoke it a lot:

Coins go up alot
I make money

Yeh a crash will happen, it always does (just did I guess), but it doesn't matter.

I am done DCA out until end of 2022 to be honest now.
I donno what else to do with my money, but cash doesn't seem wise.

I am in a comfy spot at the minute so I guess I don't give it much thought, I just think it will be higher a year from now.

Sure man, you DCA out, but at some point.... why do more?
If you got nothing else to do with the cashola just leave it.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
My hopium pipe is as follows, I smoke it a lot:

Coins go up alot
I make money

Yeh a crash will happen, it always does (just did I guess), but it doesn't matter.

I am done DCA out until end of 2022 to be honest now.
I donno what else to do with my money, but cash doesn't seem wise.

I am in a comfy spot at the minute so I guess I don't give it much thought, I just think it will be higher a year from now.

Sure man, you DCA out, but at some point.... why do more?
If you got nothing else to do with the cashola just leave it.
I smoke it a lot hahahah that's funny

Hodling is definitely a strategy and maybe one with the least stress, if you can stomach the bear.

To each his own. For me if an investment goes 2 or 3x, I take the principal out and try to buy in lower. Long term trading the cycles.

Best of luck my friend.

pat9000

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 29, 2018
Nashville, TN
Time in the market is better than timing the market.

I was listening to a podcast with Elon Musk the other day and he 100% was yoloing into Tesla and then SpaceX. If you truly believe in a project or technology - Buy and hodl time.

Warren Buffett famously stated that "diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes little sense if you know what you are doing."

Mr. Buffett also yoloed into GEICO and a lot of investments.

Putting 5% of a port into BTC is funny because it's not simply an investment - it's a movement to participate in. Build a btc node, maybe a mining rig. Anything to be a part of it instead of just letting the Feds print more dollars while we just sit and watch.

I had these boomers telling me that it's just magic internet money that can be deleted. I couldn't even begin to explain how I have several mining rigs completing transactions and securing the network inside of my house...haha.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I had these boomers telling me that it's just magic internet money that can be deleted. I couldn't even begin to explain how I have several mining rigs completing transactions and securing the network inside of my house...haha.

You have to run them 24/7, right? Does anything bad happens if you unplug? Do you get penalized for that? Is it worth it financially for you?

pat9000

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 29, 2018
Nashville, TN
You have to run them 24/7, right? Does anything bad happens if you unplug? Do you get penalized for that? Is it worth it financially for you?

You can run it however you want. Full control over everything. It's like a datacenter or IT server closet in a way.

I can hop in my pc now and pause it/resume and no penalties. I'd just miss out on hashrate which == Bitcoin payments.

As soon as you turn it back on; making money again - like a sink faucet turning the water on/off.

As for financially worth it, it's a big chunk up front like any investment and you don't get returns on the basic materials. As for the graphics cards, they hold their value very well so you can easily liquidate and break near even at any time.

The recurring overhead is labor, and electricity.

I generally make profit margins of around 50% to 70% a month off my rigs depending on hash rate and BTC price because I don't sell my BTC. Each card take about a year to break even on considering everything is constant.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
You can run it however you want. Full control over everything. It's like a datacenter or IT server closet in a way.

I can hop in my pc now and pause it/resume and no penalties. I'd just miss out on hashrate which == Bitcoin payments.

As soon as you turn it back on; making money again - like a sink faucet turning the water on/off.

As for financially worth it, it's a big chunk up front like any investment and you don't get returns on the basic materials. As for the graphics cards, they hold their value very well so you can easily liquidate and break near even at any time.

The recurring overhead is labor, and electricity.

I generally make profit margins of around 50% to 70% a month off my rigs depending on hash rate and BTC price because I don't sell my BTC. Each card take about a year to break even on considering everything is constant.
So you’re mining eth? Or are you selling hashpower for Bitcoin? I thought you needed ASICS to mine Bitcoin

pat9000

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 29, 2018
Nashville, TN
Selling hash on one rig, mining Ethhash on another. Setting up another to try T-Rex. My goal is to try multiple platforms for about 3 months and compare.

I want an ASIC but a lot of power consumption in those.

AnNvr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
Total crypto market cap exclude BTC and ETH looks in a firm uptrend since March '20.
Sentiment Index in extreme fear since a month ago.
Very curious to see the upcoming!

Attachments

• TOTAL3_2022-01-13_16-12-17.png
    TOTAL3_2022-01-13_16-12-17.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    73.9 KB · Views: 5

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Once people understand that DeFi is superior to any other asset class, everyone will flock to it. It's superior to gold, stocks and RE. This is the de facto asset class of the future.

BTC is like gold with dividends.
DeFi gives superior dividends than RE with arguably same weighted risks. Completely non-physical. No more tenant management.
DeFi are superior to stocks because stocks have many points of failure, namely dependent on product cash flows and product execution. But crypto like BTC have no such point of failure, they already stand for themselves. Fully complete with all it's innovations. One could say it's more timeless than stocks, because value, energy, money in itself is timeless. Stocks depend on the production value it creates.
DeFi cuts out the middleman aka banks, and basically is way more efficient than traditional banking.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I hear you. But also DeFi had major challenges in 2021…

I’m just diving deeper into this. Learning …

Silv

Process driven
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 23, 2019
CT is a good indication to do the opposite.

This thread is the best LOL.

I know exactly when to up my dollar cost average.

This thread and CT are the best bottom signals.

Every.
Single.
Time.
Time in the market is better than timing the market.

I was listening to a podcast with Elon Musk the other day and he 100% was yoloing into Tesla and then SpaceX. If you truly believe in a project or technology - Buy and hodl time.

Warren Buffett famously stated that "diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes little sense if you know what you are doing."

Mr. Buffett also yoloed into GEICO and a lot of investments.

Putting 5% of a port into BTC is funny because it's not simply an investment - it's a movement to participate in. Build a btc node, maybe a mining rig. Anything to be a part of it instead of just letting the Feds print more dollars while we just sit and watch.

I think this is a very underrated message. High conviction in what you truly understand/believe is…. more riskier sure, but it will also create higher returns than just putting 5-10% in every project random anons shill on twitter.

However if you already have an amount for a comfortable life, being diversified is a better strategy because it becomes less about increasing wealth and more about preserving it.

That’s what I’ve noticed with the really big whales currently in crypto. They don’t think like the majority (1-6 months) but rather long term 3-6 years+.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Wait for it. King be the king. BTC will rally again and soon.

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Wait for it. King be the king. BTC will rally again and soon.
Nobody knows. Too many factors come into play, like the overall macro economy. But over the long term, I'm all in on crypto.

Hell, I'm even selling my whole business and then wait on the sidelines for a crypto winter where I will go all in.

AnNvr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
Price action is well below 100 EMA (-23%) and 200 EMA (-13.8%) with decreasing demand pressure and strong support at 40K. Whales dropped their bags multiple time the past months but the whole Twitter crypto community is bullish on BTC and is promoting the key level of 40-50k as a buy signal.
I might see a short-term retest of 50k and then a capitulation. Time will tell.

Disclaimer: I do not hold BTC

Attachments

• BTCUSD_2022-01-14_23-19-57.png
    BTCUSD_2022-01-14_23-19-57.png
    218.5 KB · Views: 4

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Nobody knows. Too many factors come into play, like the overall macro economy. But over the long term, I'm all in on crypto.

Hell, I'm even selling my whole business and then wait on the sidelines for a crypto winter where I will go all in.
Marco factors are huge. That’s for sure.
I know many people think that Crypro is somehow outside of the general factors in the economy. But it’s not true. The highs are higher but the lows… it’s still speculative.

That said, I’m in and contra to the fears kept buying. Maybe it’s a gamble… I’ll take the asymmetrical risk/reward now. :).

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Marco factors are huge. That’s for sure.
I know many people think that Crypro is somehow outside of the general factors in the economy. But it’s not true. The highs are higher but the lows… it’s still speculative.

That said, I’m in and contra to the fears kept buying. Maybe it’s a gamble… I’ll take the asymmetrical risk/reward now. :).
I really don't know how much upside we have from here. Most of the gains have been made if you think about the fact that some major alts like matic have gone 100x since 2020.

We need a lot of money coming in to reach 100k for bitcoin. It's possible, but we would need big institutions.

What do you think?

pat9000

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Dec 29, 2018
Nashville, TN
I keep seeing stimulus check type stuff such as the child tax credit which a lot of people will support.

Universal Basic Income seems almost acceptable in the U.S. Could it be ushered in and garnered by crypto? CTC (child tax credit coin) issued by the govt. that's tax exempt and can only be used at grocery stores and monitored on the block chain by a team of CTC Analysts. Haha

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I really don't know how much upside we have from here. Most of the gains have been made if you think about the fact that some major alts like matic have gone 100x since 2020.

We need a lot of money coming in to reach 100k for bitcoin. It's possible, but we would need big institutions.

What do you think?

I wish I knew...

From what I am reading, it looks like there are still many regulatory challenges. If the demand is there but can't be met because of SEC, who knows? My thinking is like this, rules:
#1 - survive the downs (never leverage, be prepared to be wrong!)
#2 - most of the "crypto" portfolio into BTC/ETH because of market dominance
#3 - DYOR for anything L1, L2 Alts, DeDi, DAOs and only when you feel like you get the big value prop, invest. Otherwise be on guard for FOMO.

And have fun with the little stuff, like NFTs, chat with people in the space, learn ...

edit: anecdotally, I see more of my normie friends use their tax sheltered (Canadian thing - RRSPs) to invest in Bitcoin ETFs. One took his entire stock portfolio, liquidated and moved to BTC. I don't have that kind of conviction or balls, but it's interesting to see.

Last edited:

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
I wish I knew...

From what I am reading, it looks like there are still many regulatory challenges. If the demand is there but can't be met because of SEC, who knows? My thinking is like this, rules:
#1 - survive the downs (never leverage, be prepared to be wrong!)
#2 - most of the "crypto" portfolio into BTC/ETH because of market dominance
#3 - DYOR for anything L1, L2 Alts, DeDi, DAOs and only when you feel like you get the big value prop, invest. Otherwise be on guard for FOMO.

And have fun with the little stuff, like NFTs, chat with people in the space, learn ...

edit: anecdotally, I see more of my normie friends use their tax sheltered (Canadian thing - RRSPs) to invest in Bitcoin ETFs. One took his entire stock portfolio, liquidated and moved to BTC. I don't have that kind of conviction or balls, but it's interesting to see.
I'm just more afraid of the macro economy. It's ridiculous that BTC is not being treated as an inflation hedge if we look at how the market reacts to the FED's announcements.

Is it this time different and we won't see a big crash? Is 40k the bottom for the coming years? Very hard to guess.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I'm just more afraid of the macro economy. It's ridiculous that BTC is not being treated as an inflation hedge if we look at how the market reacts to the FED's announcements.

Is it this time different and we won't see a big crash? Is 40k the bottom for the coming years? Very hard to guess.
No one knows. And anyone telling you otherwise is lying or stupid.

That’s why prepare to be wrong. Can you be wrong and HODL for 3 years if you had to? That’s how I make my decisions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.