The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I've been learning a lot recently and found Rabbithole.gg a helpful website to learn more about this space.

Some of the things I've learned over the past week (not only through rabbithole):
  • Bridging between the main ETH network and Polygon/xDai.
  • Lending and depositing assets on Yearn/Compound.
  • I've streamed tokens with Superfluid on the Polygon network.
  • I've learned about writing and sponsoring proposals for DAOs through DAOHaus and voting on proposals through Snapshot.
  • Practiced swapping tokens on Uniswap, HoneySwap, and SushiSwap.
  • Registered my own ENS name
and more... I really believe in web3 and I'm looking into transitioning more of my time into this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Welp in today's big news... Facebook's new name will be meta. Zuck wants to redirect the company's focus towards the metaverse.
Facebook’s new name is Meta

Note: Facebook the app will continue to keep its name though.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Welp in today's big news... Facebook's new name will be meta. Zuck wants to redirect the company's focus towards the metaverse.
Facebook’s new name is Meta

Note: Facebook the app will continue to keep its name though.

NOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Food for thoughts.

I put in low 4 figures in crypto a few years ago and it has grown a lot.

Saw few posts on the approach people are taking with crypto... I think cryptos have a similar profile to VC investments. That's how I approach It - as if I'm investing in early stages companies - with less scale and control - but more liquidity.

I make few bets, and I just need 1 to 3 to pay substantially to be worth it. Now mind you, I took back my investments, so if I lose everything now, I don't care much.

So far ETH, MANA, VET, and ADA have been very good to me.

Looking into ARPA right now. Bought few already, looking into potentially buying more.

Talking about DOGE, every now and then I make random bets on popular coins and ride the wave. DOGE has been one of them, gave me a very good return.

MANA keeps bringing $$.

Raven S

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Oct 19, 2021
Norway
--------------

Upon realizing trying to tell people thats into crypto that I think they are stupid, will never be of any help to anybody - so I edited my post (did not find a delete button) and I instead wish everyone with their entire fortune invested in crypto, may your luck be with you! I do think you will need it. I solemnly swear this is the last time I click on a post with the label crypto on the outside, because I only end up going raving mad once I get on the inside, and start wanting to "save" people. And I frankly don't think you'll end up liking me very much in the long run if I continue to read it =) So from now on I will stay away !. Have fun.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
--------------

Upon realizing trying to tell people thats into crypto that I think they are stupid, will never be of any help to anybody - so I edited my post (did not find a delete button) and I instead wish everyone with their entire fortune invested in crypto, may your luck be with you! I do think you will need it. I solemnly swear this is the last time I click on a post with the label crypto on the outside, because I only end up going raving mad once I get on the inside, and start wanting to "save" people. And I frankly don't think you'll end up liking me very much in the long run if I continue to read it =) So from now on I will stay away !. Have fun.
Lol. I'm gonna go YOLO on some Dogecoin now. (100% kidding)

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
--------------

You are from Norway, I kind of understand why crypto makes no sense to you. But if you are from Venezuela or Argentina it makes A LOT of sense. Life saving kind of sense. Anyway good luck to you too.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
--------------

1635737238125.gif

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Could this be the time to sell and get out????

My childhood best friend, who I have been trying to get into crypto since 2017 or so, just messaged me and said that he finally bought some crypto. His purchases? BTC, ETH, DOGE and XRP.

I know nothing about XRP, Doge makes me want to throw up in my mouth, and BTC and ETH are at their current all time high...

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Sure they are at ATH. No token s value can rise, if it doesn’t get to the highest point.
Doge is a Memecoin. No real value, but follows BTC. I made a good profit with Memecoins. Don’t smell bad.
May be time to set a stop limit for security, but if the cycle repeats properly, it shouldn’t be at the end.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Could this be the time to sell and get out????

My childhood best friend, who I have been trying to get into crypto since 2017 or so, just messaged me and said that he finally bought some crypto. His purchases? BTC, ETH, DOGE and XRP.

I know nothing about XRP, Doge makes me want to throw up in my mouth, and BTC and ETH are at their current all time high...

Maybe - but the triple halving of ETH is right around the corner. There will be a real supply shock, and I intend on capitalizing on this supply/demand volatility. After merge, a lot of liquid E will go into staking contracts - with an on/off ramp that has a queue and time limits, this can very well wipe a lot of E from circulation and cause price inflation.

Attached is the working thesis that makes the most sense to me.

Attachments

• Ethereum_Moving The Gas Underground_SquishChaos.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 32

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019
Maybe - but the triple halving of ETH is right around the corner. There will be a real supply shock, and I intend on capitalizing on this supply/demand volatility. After merge, a lot of liquid E will go into staking contracts - with an on/off ramp that has a queue and time limits, this can very well wipe a lot of E from circulation and cause price inflation.

Attached is the working thesis that makes the most sense to me.
How are you feeling about Dot?

I've been averaging in for the past couple weeks in anticipation of the parachain auctions Nov 11th

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
I just want to say that thanks to AceVentures, I bought lukso at 18, 22 and 25, and now the price is around 36/37 per token. Thanks a lot for the info on this very promising project ! I'm wondering if at some point I should take profit (I took some already but very little) or just hodl and stake when that's avaliable .

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
How are you feeling about Dot?

I've been averaging in for the past couple weeks in anticipation of the parachain auctions Nov 11th

I'm not sure what prices will do, because even deadass shit like XRP still pumps in 2021.

With that said, I don't invest in projects I don't fundamentally align with, and DOT is one of them. The reason is quite simple: permissionless is the key to building the future, and DOTS entire premise relies on an INSIDERS group of DOT holders as gatekeepers of new projects into the parachain.

DOT emerged in a pre-multichain world. It tried to creates its own multichain system governed by the parachain - and imo that idea doesn't have a bright future when emergent tech is finding creative ways to integrate all the lego pieces, even WITH data availability. If I'm a prominent web3 developer, what's the incentive for me to build for the DOT system and fight to win an auction slot, when I can just throw my project up with an open-source EVM and not have to ask anybody for permission? That fundamental aspect of permissionless design is critical and imo DOT's design principles create a bottleneck for creativity.

When you allow anybody to build, you get 99 shit ideas and maybe 1 winner, but those 99 shit ideas can now iterate and become something else. If you only allow the peer-reviewed DOT auction winner project, you discard a plethora of potential which now has to find a home in another ecosystem.

Take for example ADA - they kept bragging about peer reviewed this and MIT expert that - and after 5 years they're barely learning about transaction sequencing. When you let the entire culture to build with you, you get the best of all worlds. When you restrict, by any measure, what creativity can look like, you constrain yourself to a limited set of outcomes.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
I just want to say that thanks to AceVentures, I bought lukso at 18, 22 and 25, and now the price is around 36/37 per token. Thanks a lot for the info on this very promising project ! I'm wondering if at some point I should take profit (I took some already but very little) or just hodl and stake when that's avaliable .

Cheers bro glad to see you're winning too! Price volatility can cause many to break - and there may very well be a lot more volatility ahead. But if you're patient, the upside is massive. Lukso is sitting at ~500MM marketcap rn. There are deadass sidechains with ~50b simply from "fast tx" value proposition alone. Give this one time - the upside could be massive.

Remember one of the key value drivers here is the ability to transact onchain on behalf of users. This opens up an entire new world of user acquisition strategies that DONT require the client to have any blockchain experience. "Click here to create a new social media profile" and off you go. This has massive implications for the entire space.

I urge you to create a Universal Profile using universalprofile.cloud/create in order to understand the process by which some web2 experience relays information to the blockchain on the backend. Soon as I made my profile things started to click. Universal Profiles will likely be the first killer application of this tech.

Last edited:

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
Has anyone else noticed all the crypto commercials on TV lately? Reminds me of the lead up to the dotcom bust.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Has anyone else noticed all the crypto commercials on TV lately? Reminds me of the lead up to the dotcom bust.
It could all definitely crash, it has before. But more and more people are learning and being onboarded. This technology is here to stay and only growing. Prices may go up and prices may go down.

You had the dot-com bubble crash that wiped out a lot of internet companies. But fast-forward today, everyone is on the internet. It crashed but the internet didn't stop growing.

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
For me it is not a problem that Doge has no actual value because people know it and they only use it for gambling. But what is a problem is that when I look at the Doge community, the people over there are excited about Doge hitting 1$ which is 3x the value of current Doge value. This means that even the majority of the Doge moonboys don't believe in bigger growth quickly. I don't understand why I should spend money on a meme coin if there are lots of actually great coins that also have potential to grow 3x. Even Ethereum has potential to grow like that.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
So someone I know made 200k off Shiba

Here I am investing in projects that I think have potential and real value and this bloke makes way more than I’ve made, with less money invested, off a meme coin. wow

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany

Here I am investing in projects that I think have potential and real value and this bloke makes way more than I’ve made, with less money invested, off a meme coin. wow
I heard that there is a person that invested 17$ into Shiba Inu in October 2020 and now has 5 billion dollars and that person is still hodling.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

F099ED3E-8532-4F26-BD20-312F0B825693.jpeg

But seriously, you’ll need to see long term results to be able to judge. Will this friend blow it all on the next “big thing”?

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
I heard that there is a person that invested 17$ into Shiba Inu in October 2020 and now has 5 billion dollars and that person is still hodling.

There's not even that much liquidity to cash out.

These are stories of lottery winners - there's no repeatable strategy.

Focus on the big picture and don't get too distracted by these stories. Else you'll start feeling you ought to buy the next baby-shiba-vitaliksMom-islandBoi coin just in case you become a billionaire.

prince1234

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Sep 8, 2021
Is shib inu a good crypto to invest? I have invest and got a massive return. Is it good for long term.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Last edited:

Ocean Man