The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
What do you think of the future of ETH?
Google trend shows an only marginal amout of searches compared to BTC.
This has always been the case.

To nearly everyone bitcoin=crypto. Except for maybe Doge, thanks to Elon.

Kleenex=tissue paper. Same sort of thing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
What do you think of the future of ETH?
Google trend shows an only marginal amout of searches compared to BTC.
Can you be more specific? What are you attempting to measure and conclude by looking at the amount of search results?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Google search results have been a good indicator of a top in the past 2 bull runs, I expect this one to be no different.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Wtf is wrong with those people. Bitcoin is just a tool. Those people treat it like a religion

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
1 gha of mining on ethereum now pays out 0.7 ethereum a month.

Some of my cards are more profitable on Raven, and I have swapped some mining power over. I will probably continue to do so as I don't see ethereum remaining as profitable as it has been. The only issue is the Raven wallet is a piece of crap and Ledger does not have native support.

I suppose with ethereum payments dropping so hard EIP1559 is going to be a big non event and won't even matter. Miners will already have switched to something else.

So to give some real life examples, when I started buying RTX3090 cards they were paying out 0.2 ethereum a month per card. They are currently paying out 0.08. This is why I said anyone paying insane prices on cards was in for a rough time.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
1 gha of mining on ethereum now pays out 0.7 ethereum a month.

Some of my cards are more profitable on Raven, and I have swapped some mining power over. I will probably continue to do so as I don't see ethereum remaining as profitable as it has been. The only issue is the Raven wallet is a piece of crap and Ledger does not have native support.

I suppose with ethereum payments dropping so hard EIP1559 is going to be a big non event and won't even matter. Miners will already have switched to something else.

So to give some real life examples, when I started buying RTX3090 cards they were paying out 0.2 ethereum a month per card. They are currently paying out 0.08. This is why I said anyone paying insane prices on cards was in for a rough time.
EIP1559 : maybe so many minsers already switched that the remaining miner community is small enough to survive.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
ASICs are taking over the ethereum hashrate. Don't count on GPU miners being relevant for long.

I've swapped a bit more over to Raven as of this morning. My 3090/80/70 cards and AMD are still on ethereum though as they are still the most profitable that way.

What do you guys think of the pricing of crypto? I was comparing where we are at now and it kind of looks like the first blast up and down in 2017. Ethereum is almost 10x the value now as it was then. 2017 it rocketed up to $400, crashed to $200, leveled out for a while. Now we hit $4000, crashed around $2000, and recovered a bit and it's leveling out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210606-112130_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20210606-112130_Brave.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20210606-112602_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20210606-112602_Brave.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 5

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Excellent idea.

Barely arrived, you will find yourself at gunpoint with a cartel asking you for your private keys.

Sounds like fun!
Bruh, no CGT.
I've already booked my flight.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
ASICs are taking over the ethereum hashrate. Don't count on GPU miners being relevant for long.

I've swapped a bit more over to Raven as of this morning. My 3090/80/70 cards and AMD are still on ethereum though as they are still the most profitable that way.

What do you guys think of the pricing of crypto? I was comparing where we are at now and it kind of looks like the first blast up and down in 2017. Ethereum is almost 10x the value now as it was then. 2017 it rocketed up to $400, crashed to $200, leveled out for a while. Now we hit $4000, crashed around $2000, and recovered a bit and it's leveling out.
in 17 cryptos needed going up 1,5 years after halvening.
Leveling out needed a year.
I think this will be not totally new. So imo 2000 isn’t to stay at ETH. It will be 500 -1300 next spring.

But: sure I can be wrong.Than I m totally fuc%d.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Latin American countries starting to play the crypto game - physical jurisdictions inviting economic growth via crypto.

Really excited to see how this pattern plays out.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Latin American countries starting to play the crypto game - physical jurisdictions inviting economic growth via crypto.

Really excited to see how this pattern plays out.
One of my predictions after covid is a lot of people especially wealthy will be moving to countries like south east Asia and Eastern Europe to get away from all these rediculous rules. These crypto ideas from these countries will definitely play out well for attracting these people. If they don’t start making stupid covid rules they could end up being the gults gulch

Musashi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Nov 27, 2017
The World
One of my predictions after covid is a lot of people especially wealthy will be moving to countries like south east Asia and Eastern Europe to get away from all these rediculous rules. These crypto ideas from these countries will definitely play out well for attracting these people. If they don’t start making stupid covid rules they could end up being the gults gulch

What are you talking about?

Many countries in South East Asia and South America had and partly still have stricter rules than the west. South America was probably the worst continent to be in last year, with super harsh restrictions. Colombia had one of the strictest lockdowns for nearly a whole year. You couldn't even step out and go for a walk. In the Philippines, they arrest people for not wearing the mask properly. In Malaysia, they had movement control orders for over a year and now they have a complete shutdown again.

and that’s just a few examples, there are many more.

The only continent which really had way fewer restrictions than the others is Africa (except South Africa).

Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
What are you talking about?

Many countries in South East Asia and South America had and partly still have stricter rules than the west. South America was probably the worst continent to be in last year, with super harsh restrictions. Colombia had one of the strictest lockdowns for nearly a whole year. You couldn't even step out and go for a walk. In the Philippines, they arrest people for not wearing the mask properly. In Malaysia, they had movement control orders for over a year and now they have a complete shutdown again.

and that’s just a few examples, there are many more.

The only continent which really had way fewer restrictions than the others is Africa (except South Africa).
I’m thinking after this is over but let’s see maybe it never ends

the only place I look at and keep up with is Bali and they have rules but it looks like no one follows them

D

Deleted78083

My sentiment didn't change one iota.

BTC to 100k sooner or later.

ETH to 10k sooner or later.

100% of what happens in the media is engineered behind the scenes.

Everything is a show.

I am even lukewarm about these UFOs. Part of me thinks it's non-human technology, the other part thinks it's government propaganda to attract attention on something else while they create one global currency that is gonna kill everyone's purchasing power.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
My sentiment didn't change one iota.

BTC to 100k sooner or later.

ETH to 10k sooner or later.

100% of what happens in the media is engineered behind the scenes.

Everything is a show.

I am even lukewarm about these UFOs. Part of me thinks it's non-human technology, the other part thinks it's government propaganda to attract attention on something else while they create one global currency that is gonna kill everyone's purchasing power.

I'm pretty neutral to everything but overall sentiment is bearish and depressing.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Last crash I watched the narrative around a "possible crash" play out via major media before it occurred. For the past couple of weeks now I've been seeing more and more "expert opinions" of further BTC drawdown to the ~20k range.

Been eyeing a possible bearish death cross that occurs when the 50 EMA crosses under the 200 EMA. Historically BTC has seen a further 50-70% drawdown from the crossing level. Crossing looks imminent but still watching how it plays out. Current trajectory would place a crossing sometime over the next 2 weeks.

Until crypto assets decouple from BTC - I estimate the entire market would draw-down, with most alts getting rammed if that happens. ETH seems to be doing well against BTC so the ETH/BTC chart is an important one to watch for further evidence of a correlation change.

Not betting on BTC but from it looks like - bears would like to see BTC drop to $20k.

Maybe prices go that low, maybe they don't. Maybe we continue to see ~4year cycles or maybe market cycles become shorter as assets like ETH can set a more independent course from BTC.

In any case, I've started DCA'ing into a couple of my favorite projects at this point. No big buys during this volatility but certainly taking advantage of discounts with smaller buy orders spread out over time.

sravi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 1, 2012
Naseem Taleb said it best on Twitter earlier this week, it hedges against nothing and is a cult/religion now.

For some real insight look at Barely Sociable's videos on YouTube that pretty much expose Adam Back as Satoshi, and the rampant censorship and cult-think since theranos days.

Load up on Monero while you can....anything under a grand is a steal. Steal of the century.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
For some real insight look at Barely Sociable's videos on YouTube that pretty much expose Adam Back as Satoshi

So you mean to tell me that the creator of peer to peer electronic cash is the same person that claimed businesses should just use a tab to pay for goods when fees are too high?

sravi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 1, 2012
So you mean to tell me that the creator of peer to peer electronic cash is the same person that claimed businesses should just use a tab to pay for goods when fees are too high?
Yes. Follow the money. Blockstream (with Lightning) makes money precisely because BTC is a shitcoin. And, he made hashcash and his name's on page 1 of the white paper lol.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Yes. Follow the money. Blockstream (with Lightning) makes money precisely because BTC is a shitcoin. And, he made hashcash and his name's on page 1 of the white paper lol.
I see, well I can't speak for you or Adam, but personally if I was Satoshi, this is not the method that I would choose to extract value from my invention. To each their own though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.