The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 29, 2019
Well the trailing stop on my ETHE trade finally got hit today, had been in since 4/19. Disappointed to see it close but not going to complain about a 40% profit in just 2 weeks.

I'm entirely focused on crypto for the time being. The potential of some of these projects are just amazing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Zero . Zero Sixx zero 8 four.
What number are you looking for? I remember back when this was 0.1 and I thought about swapping but never did. Lol, that would have been massive!!!

This time I think I will do a swap if it gets that high

GerTex

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Oct 18, 2012
Arlington, Texas
Back in 2014 I originally got into mining and ended up mining some DOGE for the fun of it. Then the wife and kids complained about the noise of the PC. And I shut things down after a month or so. UNFORTUNATELY I had all the money transferred to an exchange called Cryptsy instead of my own wallet. The exchange went belly up in 2017. What I had was only worth like $100 so I wasn't too worried about it. Or so I thought.

Just checked the original mining account and it still had 9000 DOGE in there. Then I made the mistake checking how much I had transferred to Crytpsy. Well, Cryptsy had over 330,000 DOGE coins there. FML.

There is no crying over spilled milk. But man.... What could I buy for roughly $230,000 right now? UGH

But at least I got 9000 DOGE left lol... so there is a nice surprise.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Back in 2014 I originally got into mining and ended up mining some DOGE for the fun of it. Then the wife and kids complained about the noise of the PC. And I shut things down after a month or so. UNFORTUNATELY I had all the money transferred to an exchange called Cryptsy instead of my own wallet. The exchange went belly up in 2017. What I had was only worth like $100 so I wasn't too worried about it. Or so I thought.

Just checked the original mining account and it still had 9000 DOGE in there. Then I made the mistake checking how much I had transferred to Crytpsy. Well, Cryptsy had over 330,000 DOGE coins there. FML.

There is no crying over spilled milk. But man.... What could I buy for roughly $230,000 right now? UGH

That’s hard to read. Sorry to hear. A warning sign to all, use your wallets. Always. thanks for sharing... as painful as it must have been.

GerTex

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Oct 18, 2012
Arlington, Texas
As painful as it is. My stomach is in knots. However, chalk it up as a very painful important lesson. Would I have traded it earlier if I still had it? etc etc etc. In the end, I can only spend my time and energy looking forward.

However, hope this helps someone. Sigh...

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019

Bro that really sucks, but if anything this is an awesome reminder to always clear out your exchanges routinely, move it into a secure wallet or hardware wallet and make multiple copies of that seed phrase/private keys. You never know what coin might just do this again.

Also a question for someone more knowledgable than me please. If you have a seed phrase for an old wallet that's no longer active and you can't access the software. Will that seed phrase somehow show you your private keys? Or is it best to make a note of all your privates key for each individual coin as well? (Is that the extreme way to ensure full safety?). Need to educate myself more on everything right now.

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
F in the chat for @GerTex

I lost about 1 BTC to cryptsy myself. So it goes.

Also a question for someone more knowledgable than me please. If you have a seed phrase for an old wallet that's no longer active and you can't access the software. Will that seed phrase somehow show you your private keys? Or is it best to make a note of all your privates key for each individual coin as well? (Is that the extreme way to ensure full safety?). Need to educate myself more on everything right now.
The seed phrase should be all you need to generate the public/private key pair.

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
A cryptographic dollar is scary as hell. Every transaction you ever make is recorded in a blockchain for review by authorities. Yeah no thanks. Even if you are in the top 1% of most diligent book keeping people out there, this is still scary.

That’s like biblical, cashless society, revelations shit. Mix that with vaccine passports… Even if it isn’t the mark of the beast, it’s certainly a mark of A beast.
THE mark of the beast is coming, at least in states and countries that allow it, so I don't doubt they'll get rid of cash soon. They only think of themselves, and every transaction being recorded helps them a lot more than cash.

ixbanmtdiin41.png

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 2, 2013
THE mark of the beast is coming, at least in states and countries that allow it, so I don't doubt they'll get rid of cash soon. They only think of themselves, and every transaction being recorded helps them a lot more than cash.

View attachment 37886

I can see why his wife divorced him.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Man every group chat I'm in is talking about ETH, XRP, and DOGE. Lmfao. Uber drivers are giving other family members investment advice on which coins to invest in now. This is the problem that leads to claims like "crypto is a scam" after a major correction/crash. The average Joe is only buying because of a headline or because they see a coin up $400 in 1 day.

EDIT: Btw, I wasn't saying crypto is a scam or you guys are idiots. I was saying this is why the average Joe cries when they lose money on crypto.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Man every group chat I'm in is talking about ETH, XRP, and DOGE. Lmfao. Uber drivers are giving other family members investment advice on which coins to invest in now. This is the problem that leads to claims like "crypto is a scam" after a major correction/crash. The average Joe is only buying because of a headline or because they see a coin up $400 in 1 day.
Makes sense, I take my financial advice exclusively from Uber drivers.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Uber drivers and barbers.... is this the start of the end of this run? How much time do we have left I wonder. One month? Two?

Google trends for bitcoin is still super low. For how much I see it posted online in various places I find this surprising.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Uber drivers and barbers.... is this the start of the end of this run? How much time do we have left I wonder. One month? Two?

Google trends for bitcoin is still super low. For how much I see it posted online in various places I find this surprising.
Who knows mate.

I'm just going by the market moves as to whether I can spot a blow-off top coming close.

There is no doubt retail has arrived though.

I can't really spot euphoria or mania in the air at this stage.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Who knows mate.

I'm just going by the market moves as to whether I can spot a blow-off top coming close.

There is no doubt retail has arrived though.

My cousin put $100k into ETH today from proceeds of his primary residence that he sold last month. He’s currently renting. Want to know the reason?

He saw an ad headline that said “ETH will reach $5000 in a matter of days”.

I wish the fu*k I was kidding.

$100k risk to make $15k in something you have no idea about? Lmfao.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019

What are for you personally the signs of euphoria depending on your experience in cryptocurrency?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
What are for you personally the signs of euphoria depending on your experience in cryptocurrency?

100% moves daily on nearly everything.

Random garbage pumping regardless of fundamentals.

A coinmarketcap so full of green you feel like you can't lose.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

It has to be experienced, this isn't it in my opinion.
Of course, it is possible this is a top.
But I have never been more confident that this isn't a bull market top.
Bitcoin is still in consolidation.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
In my view, we have been consolidating as people who got in early have clearly taken some off the table, got back their initial investment at least.

All that selling pressure has been absorbed by all the new entrants.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
We are gearing up for a move higher, I have no doubt.
Bitcoin will shine soon enough, and alts will get destroyed.
Maybe not against the USD valuation but against their Bitcoin valuation.
Be patient and sit tight, that's what I am doing.
We are nothing close to the 2017 mania phase, nothing close to what I experienced then.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
We are gearing up for a move higher, I have no doubt.
Bitcoin will shine soon enough, and alts will get destroyed.
Maybe not against the USD valuation but against their Bitcoin valuation.
Be patient and sit tight, that's what I am doing.
We are nothing close to the 2017 mania phase, nothing close to what I experienced then.
Honestly, I think you’re right. 70% buying ETH and price is barely moving up today. Almost 50% selling Bitcoin and price is not dropping.

One thing I learned from my sports gambling days, follow the whales, i.e. those that control the line movements.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Honestly, I think you’re right. 70% buying ETH and price is barely moving up today. Almost 50% selling Bitcoin and price is not dropping.

One thing I learned from my sports gambling days, follow the whales, i.e. those that control the line movements.

For sure, there are tests to come make no mistake I think.
When bitcoin gets to 70, 80 k
We will be seeing $10,000 declines daily.
We will likely see this, and how you respond when this occurs is going to dictate how successful you will be.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Miners still accumulating, on-chain data still looks good. I see no reason to sell.
Now of course, after a huge run-up, sentiment has been elevated.
That's not surprising.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
What number are you looking for? I remember back when this was 0.1 and I thought about swapping but never did. Lol, that would have been massive!!!

This time I think I will do a swap if it gets that high
It's not so much a number and more so that I except this to increase up until the very end of the bull market.

At times the BTC value with destroy it, but I fully expect ETH to outperform.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
I agree with @Timmy C and believe that we're in consolidation phase due to "profit takers" and will see a huge pump in the next weeks.

I also tend to believe that, compared to 2017-18, this time the investing sequence will be different.

Institutions got earlier this time, and retail (late-dumb majority, uber driver/tik tok users) will arrive later with all the FOMO humanly possible, selling their cars/homes to jump in and get rekt in a not so distant future.

@James Fake I'm curious to know if your sentiments has changed from your last post. Do you still think we'll not see 77k on this run?

PS: one thing is for sure - my DCA process starts soon, no matter how crazily high we go.

The only way to get fcked is to get overly greedy now. And it's a really dumb decision considering the potential gains ETH will offer after the beark market bloodbath begin in the next months...

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I had to send my accountant my Crypto holdings today.

They are an old school Irish style operation (but very good at what they do).

When listing the coins and amounts it felt like "...I got 80 magic red beans, and 14 silver mystical coins, and oh 2,300 of these special blue tokens..." haha.

DUMB-and-DUMBER (1).png

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Be flexible of course.
Be open to the idea of another drop before we move up. But nothing has changed as yet in my opinion.

Don't have a position you can't handle.

If you do, take some off the table, it will make it much easier emotionally on you, which is the hardest part.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I had to send my accountant my Crypto holdings today.

They are an old school Irish style operation (but very good at what they do).

When listing the coins and amounts it felt like "...I got 80 magic red beans, and 14 silver mystical coins, and oh 2,300 of these special blue tokens..." haha.

View attachment 37894
Hey boss!

Here's my return!

Accountant:
So that's one cumrocket token.... Wait what?

unknown.pngyes this is a coin.

D

Deleted78083

My friend told me he bought crypto, but that he lost some money on it and sold right away.

He couldn't remember the name of the coin, but I had some ideas...

"Did you buy dogecoin? I asked
- Yeah, doge, that's the one, the one everyone is buying..."

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads