The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
To the moon baby!!! Oh wait...

In other happy news, I almost traded VET recently and then just didn't and forgot about it, it has since doubled and my Eth has stayed roughly the same. Yay!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
To the moon baby!!! Oh wait...

In other happy news, I almost traded VET recently and then just didn't and forgot about it, it has since doubled and my Eth has stayed roughly the same. Yay!
Quite happy with my VET.

Little did I know it was generating VTHO for me the last couple of years for holding the token.

The VTHO has now grown to a substantial amount.

Found money I didn't know I had.

Winning.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
VTHO is nuts. I used to be worth fractions of a penny, and now it is worth like 2 cents each.

I remember reading about guys who were holding millions of VET to generate thor as a dividend. I hope those guys held until now. I don't hold a ton, but I did trade a few Eth for it a while back.

Any plans with your VTHO? I have thought about trading it for more VET, which will in turn earn a bit more VTHO, or trade to hold Raven.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
VTHO is nuts. I used to be worth fractions of a penny, and now it is worth like 2 cents each.

I remember reading about guys who were holding millions of VET to generate thor as a dividend. I hope those guys held until now. I don't hold a ton, but I did trade a few Eth for it a while back.

Any plans with your VTHO? I have thought about trading it for more VET, which will in turn earn a bit more VTHO, or trade to hold Raven.
I don't plan on holding onto most of my position throughout market cycles.

For me, it's just wherever it ends up.

I've already taken initial investment out.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Quite happy with my VET.

Little did I know it was generating VTHO for me the last couple of years for holding the token.

The VTHO has now grown to a substantial amount.

Found money I didn't know I had.

Winning.

Wonderful feeling...

D

Deleted78083

I sold filecoin today which i had bought at 30 euros per coin for a price of 110 euros. I also sold bluezelle which i bought at 0,20 euros for a price of 0,40, which is annoying cuz it got to 0,50 at the end of the day, but well, i should not be greedy.

I still hold CRO, BTC, ETH, ADA, chainlink, contentos, and stacks. Will slowly unload them as time passes. I feel a stock market crash or at least a correction incoming, and expect crypto to briefly plunge cuz margin calls.

When it happens, i ll be ready

lamboman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 15, 2019
I've been in crypto since 2017, but I hardly ever see people discuss the tokenomics of these alt coins.

It's just "we are early in the DeFi space, so this coin will do 100x" OR "they just partnered with XYZ Logistics, so the price is bound to go 500%".

Why?

I hope they have done the maths on what will drive the price of that token.

For example, VeChain could be used by hundreds of top companies, but with hardly any VTHO (the gas) used, the demand for the token by those who want to use it is low.

A crypto/technology can be in the early phase at the same time of being too overvalued.
Could you explain that thing about VET/VTHO a bit further? Why would there hardly be any VTHO used if some is burned for every action on that blockchain?

Frinys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Oct 28, 2019
These coming weeks will be interesting. March is known to be the worst-performing month for Bitcoin, and we enter April this coming week. While I don't think that a dataset of 10 years is enough to deduce any meaningful statistics, I do think the market has been affected by this "knowledge".

I'm also not 100% convinced that Bitcoin is going to shoot up to $100K yet. I think there is somewhere between a 20-40% chance for a cooldown, where Bitcoin slowly declines for another month or so. That would be a good thing, the longer we can go sideways gathering fuel, the higher we can blast when it's time to continue liftoff.

There is also so much going on in the world right now, and Bitcoin reacts to both positive and negative not directly correlated news. I don't think that Bitcoin can hold an upward momentum if April brings too much negative news. But if so, the stock market will go down too, so I guess we're F*cked anyway.

On the other hand, exchanges have never held as little Bitcoin as of now. Stimmy cash is starting to circulate, and we all hope some of it will end up in Bitcoin. Another Norwegian billionaire (Øystein Stray Spetalen) just bought bitcoin, only a week or so after he claimed he was against it. Apparently, he bought it after someone from Norwegian Block Exchange contacted him and taught him how Bitcoin works.

Since there I believe that there is a 20-40% chance for a cooldown, there must be a 60-80% chance for the opposite, further growth. It would not surprise me that if bitcoin breaches ATH, we will see BTC at $70K or even $80K in just a few weeks.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
These coming weeks will be interesting. March is known to be the worst-performing month for Bitcoin, and we enter April this coming week. While I don't think that a dataset of 10 years is enough to deduce any meaningful statistics, I do think the market has been affected by this "knowledge".

I'm also not 100% convinced that Bitcoin is going to shoot up to $100K yet. I think there is somewhere between a 20-40% chance for a cooldown, where Bitcoin slowly declines for another month or so. That would be a good thing, the longer we can go sideways gathering fuel, the higher we can blast when it's time to continue liftoff.

There is also so much going on in the world right now, and Bitcoin reacts to both positive and negative not directly correlated news. I don't think that Bitcoin can hold an upward momentum if April brings too much negative news. But if so, the stock market will go down too, so I guess we're f*cked anyway.

On the other hand, exchanges have never held as little Bitcoin as of now. Stimmy cash is starting to circulate, and we all hope some of it will end up in Bitcoin. Another Norwegian billionaire (Øystein Stray Spetalen) just bought bitcoin, only a week or so after he claimed he was against it. Apparently, he bought it after someone from Norwegian Block Exchange contacted him and taught him how Bitcoin works.

Since there I believe that there is a 20-40% chance for a cooldown, there must be a 60-80% chance for the opposite, further growth. It would not surprise me that if bitcoin breaches ATH, we will see BTC at $70K or even $80K in just a few weeks.

Well, it's good to have things cool off for a while.
If it cools off for another few months, I won't complain.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

There is also so much going on in the world right now, and Bitcoin reacts to both positive and negative not directly correlated news. I don't think that Bitcoin can hold an upward momentum if April brings too much negative news. But if so, the stock market will go down too, so I guess we're f*cked anyway.

Predicting the top and how long the cycle will last is hard. The consolidation near 40k fooled many that it is the top until Elon Musk declared Tesla holding.

There was news that Singapore Sovereign Wealth Temasek Holding had been buying bitcoin since 2018. This could be a huge surprise. The lesson is that you don’t know which big player owns bitcoin until they reveal their card, for their own purpose.

Resist the temptation of calling tops and bottom, and embrace the simple act of buying the dip and taking profit on the way up like a child..follow it like an elementary school kid. By the time when bear market becomes obvious you would have made enough...That is what I tell myself. I have speculative bets as well but buying the dip is the almost the 100 percent sure thing in this cycle.

Last edited:

Frinys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Oct 28, 2019
Well, it's good to have things cool off for a while.
If it cools off for another few months, I won't complain.
Me neither. It is the best for the long term.

Predicting the top and how long the cycle will last is hard. The consolidation near 40k fooled many that it is the top until Elon Musk declared Tesla holding.
I agree. To predict the top is impossible, and it is important to have a good strategy and to try not to be affected by FOMO and FUD (which is hard for everyone except maybe rainman).

There was news that Singapore Sovereign Wealth Temasek Holding had been buying bitcoin since 2018. This could be a huge surprise. The lesson is that you don’t know which big player owns bitcoin until they reveal their card, for their own purpose.
To see more and more big investors join crypto is nice though. Not only for the price but also the technology and community.

Resist the temptation of calling tops and bottom, and embrace the simple act of buying the dip and taking profit on the way up like a child..follow it like an elementary school kid. By the time when bear market becomes obvious you would have made enough...That is what I tell myself. I have speculative bets as well but buying the dip is the almost the 100 percent sure thing in this cycle.
Wait, what? Isn't "buy the dip" an attempt to call a bottom? If we see another crash like after 2013 or 2017, how do you know when to not buy the dip? I disagree that buying the dip is a good strategy. It will leave you 100% invested when the bear market comes, and that is not a good strategy.

That said, I think you misread my previous post. I'm not trading on these reflections. They are simply that, reflections about how things may play out.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
So VISA just announced that they're partnering with Crypto.com and Anchorage bank in their digital currency offering efforts - transactions to be settled with Visa in USD Coin (USDC), a regulated stablecoin backed by the US dollar and transacted over the Ethereum blockchain.

This is really big news. Read their announcement here - it's a must really, you can very clearly gauge how they're viewing this - and it's incredibly bullish. I'll copy some notable paragraphs here for those that won't read the announcement.

Visa’s standard settlement process for purchases made on Crypto.com Visa cards each day, requires Crypto.com to convert their digital currencies into a traditional fiat currency that Visa accepts — adding cost, time, and complexity to their daily business processes. We asked ourselves, ‘Can we make it easier for crypto-native companies to work with Visa, to manage their business end-to-end in digital currency?’ To deliver, we needed some help from our partner Anchorage, the first federally charted digital asset bank.

“Visa came to us in 2019 with an idea — make secure, efficient, and seamless settlement payments possible in digital currency, by linking Visa’s treasury with Anchorage’s custody platform,” says Diogo Mónica, Co-Founder and President of Anchorage. “This would give the next generation of crypto native issuers the option to directly settle with Visa in a digital currency over a public blockchain.”

After months of anticipation and careful planning, we completed the first successful settlement transaction this month —with Crypto.com sending USDC to Visa’s Ethereum address at Anchorage

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Maduro paid an italian PR agency with gold, to hire Maradona. So much for the bearish case for gold. The wealthy still use it.

Also: Should we have a fastlaner BTC options trading strategy for profits? Would be nice to discuss this. Thanks to all the contributors of this thread.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDXB1jafqg4

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
If anyone reading this thread wants to sell their Bitcoin or Ethereum at any point DM me.

I will buy it peer to peer.

Don't sell on an exchange, sell to me.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I did not even realize yesterday was the 1st. Poor guy, jokes on him.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I am new to the crypto world but would like to learn. In this thread I see many who know enough to qualify as experts.

What do you recommend as the best source of information on crypto?

Here is what I read so far:
I feel that I know just enough to get in trouble... what do you recommend as the next step?

A friend who's been following crypto for a decade recommended me to start with a kraken.com account and to order a hardware wallet on ledger.com

I am considering buying: Bitocoin, Ether, Litecoin, Tezos, USD Coin. I need to learn more to determine how much I am willing to spend and how much of what to buy.

Any advice and your time is greatly appreciated.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Really hoping for a cool down/correction this month.

Want to get some skin in the game. Have put aside $250k hoping for a dip.
We have been consolidating for about a month now after a correction man.

If that's what your waiting for, you might be waiting forever.
Not to say it can't drop a fair bit from here, but might be an idea to DCA in now.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
We have been consolidating for about a month now after a correction man.

If that's what your waiting for, you might be waiting forever.
Not to say it can't drop a fair bit from here, but might be an idea to DCA in now.
Yeah you’re likely right.

I have a big appetite for risk tolerance. So I’ll likely go 50/50 in BTC and ETH.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@MoneyDoc

If you have cash to burn we are probably at the early stages of the next parabolic move towards the moon before the bottom crashes out under this and everyone craps their pants and starts screaming again about how big a scam crypto is.

Get in now, get out fast, and then get back in when everyone is crying about how they mortgaged their house to buy 200k bitcoin because they were a genius.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.