The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency Discussion (And Predictions)

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
Not sure if the USA has anything like this, but an ETF just launched in Canada to utilize registered funds. I just invested a bunch of TFSA money buying the Purpose Bitcoin ETF.

BTCC.B?​

I considered getting some of that, but decided to just buy more actual BTC. However, the launch of a BTC ETF (I think another one got up and running as well) only bodes well for BTC as a whole, as making it easier for people to "get in" on the action just helps it gain mainstream acceptance.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
FEAR. Everybody is fear locked. Fear paralysis. Waiting.... until it feels better. (aka missing the entry and buying in at a point that gets retested multiple times aka strong shake out points)..

The time to buy is now. The Fear is at maximum level.

The last thing most people are going to do today is:... Buy Stocks and Buy Bitcoin. It's the absolute last thing they will do today.

When the market pumps out 15%; guess what headlines you'll see? Cathie Woods bought more Tesla, ROKU, etc. again. SQ and Microstrategy and Greyscale bought $Bs of more Bitcoin.

By the time you hear this; you missed the ideal entry because you were fear-locked.

"Buy when others are fearful" = Easy to say. Extremely hard to do. Extremely. This is what makes the top 1% better than the rest of the field; their mental strength. The ability to disconnect emotions to outcomes, and whatever is necessary to get to the Finish Line the fastest, the best.

If any DD is done on bond rates, etc.; then you'll know why Bitcoin is at discount right now with a huge market fundamental confirmation.

I already bought.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
I'm still stunned that we are at a point where governments aren't fighting against cryptocurrencies anymore. In some countries like Switzerland they even accept it as a payment tool for your taxes. And we are normally the last country to make such an innovative move. That took out my last fear, now I can't imagine we don't see a 200k+ bitcoin someday. The only question is when.
I'm finally all in, in crypto, my stock portfolio is down to only the most important stocks. I really believe that we could have an amazing march in Bitcoin.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
We have people in this thread going "all in"

Asking if buying coins that have gone up 2000% + are a good buy.

My friends asking how to buy and setting up accounts in exchanges.

Market cycle top is close.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015

Yes. Last week only 3 random people started conversations with me about BTC - out of the blue.

One of them was a Uber driver that asked If I knew about and invested in bitcoin. He invested in traditional stocks and was thinking about investing in BTC.

Seems like "dumb" money is really flying in crypto by now...

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

theres not another richest man in the world who tweets about buying billions worth of stock to boost it higher this time.

If you look at the graph of the last boom it pretty much looks like this one and goes down from here.

In saying that though I don’t think we are at the top, I think it’s only going to go higher from now on, maybe I’m the dumb money that’s entered the market. I did buy stacks off your little mention in that post

Frinys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Oct 28, 2019
Cardano

Thoughts?
Massively overpriced. People focus too much on Ethereum's high fees and buy Cardano as a hedge against it.

Yet they forget that Ethereum's fees are because people are willing to pay those fees. Ethereum has a lot of use cases, and people are willing to pay high fees for those. It proves that it is useful.

Cardano has barely implemented smart contracts, but its market cap is close to Ethereum's. That does not make sense at all.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
FEAR. Everybody is fear locked. Fear paralysis. Waiting.... until it feels better. (aka missing the entry and buying in at a point that gets retested multiple times aka strong shake out points)..

The last thing most people are going to do today is:... Buy Stocks and Buy Bitcoin. It's the absolute last thing they will do today.

When the market pumps out 15%; guess what headlines you'll see? Cathie Woods bought more Tesla, ROKU, etc. again. SQ and Microstrategy and Greyscale bought $Bs of more Bitcoin.

By the time you hear this; you missed the ideal entry because you were fear-locked.

"Buy when others are fearful" = Easy to say. Extremely hard to do. Extremely. This is what makes the top 1% better than the rest of the field; their mental strength. The ability to disconnect emotions to outcomes, and whatever is necessary to get to the Finish Line the fastest, the best.

If any DD is done on bond rates, etc.; then you'll know why Bitcoin is at discount right now with a huge market fundamental confirmation.
Definitely a bull market retracement trade opportunity. Even if you believe that this is the top. It is not going to bottom in one straight line. There will be plenty of zigzag up and down.

Buy as pull back trade to sell later-yes. But definitely not a buy and hold for me.

If stock market correction continues btc might lose another 20 percent. Alt coins will
be nuked.

I am holding btc now. If recovery happens it will be first to shoot. If there is a crash I will just convert the btc for alt. Lose 20 percent but there will be a 3-4x return in 2 months.

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World

Personally, I haven't seen any fear.

Whenever I see charts suggesting to be careful becaue BTC may fall a few more %, all the comments are calling the poster a clown and telling them to "stay poor", etc.. My friend even asked for some trading advice and was interested in one coin in particular - Dogecoin.

I think the "buy when others are scared" applied when BTC tanked to 3-4k last year. I've been in crypto quite a few years now, and even I was very worried.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Whenever I see charts suggesting to be careful becaue BTC may fall a few more %, all the comments are calling the poster a clown and telling them to "stay poor", etc.. My friend even asked for some trading advice and was interested in one coin in particular - Dogecoin.

I think the "buy when others are scared" applied when BTC tanked to 3-4k last year. I've been in crypto quite a few years now, and even I was very worried.

I remember being disappointed at the time but not fearful.

The bear market numbed me.

I feel nothing now.

Completely numb.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

Yes it is funny that I have a friend asking me about dogecoin too.

But I think crypto follows a mean reversion pattern most of the time. Even if you believe that 60k was the top and we are entering the beginning of a bear market. The price has to go up first before it comes down.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I am not sure that any previous models or price histories or comparisons to other assets apply now.

The typical signs of a “top” for a security or asset are the same signs you’d expect to see in the mass adoption of a new technology.

I believe this may be mass adoption, not simply a set of top signals.

It would suck to have liquidated positions just as we cross the chasm into the early majority.

Time will tell, though.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I am not sure that any previous models or price histories or comparisons to other assets apply now.

The typical signs of a “top” for a security or asset are the same signs you’d expect to see in the mass adoption of a new technology.

I believe this may be mass adoption, not simply a set of top signals.

It would suck to have liquidated positions just as we cross the chasm into the early majority.

Time will tell, though.

Not there yet mate.

Maybe in another 5 years time.

Zimbizee

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 11, 2017
uk
Interestingly i saw a chart that show March as being the worst month historically for Bitcoin..

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
Not that I don't see us potentially going there.

But all of this NFT stuff and everything going so digital doesn't sit well with me.

View: https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1364925228195938307?s=19

It's similar to the development of social media. Everyone knows it's bad. But companies still capitalize on it.
It's capitalizing on a generation of people who are increasingly withdrawn, prefering the digital world over the physical world.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Digital art... isn't that like every Pixar movie?

Well crypto is tanking. If March was historically such a bad month for it then why does no one ever talk about this in February, all you ever hear about is moon shots.

I have personally been trying to increase my hashing power and have not even looked at anything online until yesterday, right during the bloodbath lol. Talk about a serious surprise for me. Oh well, serves me right for having my head in the sand.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Digital art... isn't that like every Pixar movie?

Well crypto is tanking. If March was historically such a bad month for it then why does no one ever talk about this in February, all you ever hear about is moon shots.

I have personally been trying to increase my hashing power and have not even looked at anything online until yesterday, right during the bloodbath lol. Talk about a serious surprise for me. Oh well, serves me right for having my head in the sand.
I wouldn’t be too worried.

If you truly are worried, usually that’s a good sign to buy more.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I wouldn’t be too worried.

If you truly are worried, usually that’s a good sign to buy more.
I am worried. Everything in me says to panic and to sell. Which means that I am going to not sell on this cycle. I still have not seen mass hysteria on the internet where everyone and their dog is so smart for buying bitcoin.

I am a little miffed at the timing of this drop as I need to raise some funds by selling Eth to pay for some hardware upgrades. I have two weeks before that bill is due, so hopefully it rebounds some before that time.

I am still eyeballing the mass panic buying which indicates that is when I need to sell. Sometime before summer I would imagine.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Not that I don't see us potentially going there.

But all of this NFT stuff and everything going so digital doesn't sit well with me.

View: https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1364925228195938307?s=19

I guess that is supposed to be the Blue Bird of Happiness tweeting on a dead Trump? Looks like part of a money laundering scheme.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I am worried. Everything in me says to panic and to sell. Which means that I am going to not sell on this cycle. I still have not seen mass hysteria on the internet where everyone and their dog is so smart for buying bitcoin.

I am a little miffed at the timing of this drop as I need to raise some funds by selling Eth to pay for some hardware upgrades. I have two weeks before that bill is due, so hopefully it rebounds some before that time.

I am still eyeballing the mass panic buying which indicates that is when I need to sell. Sometime before summer I would imagine.

Buying the fear is realizing you are the fear.

If you cant buy, at least hold.

Frinys

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Oct 28, 2019
I have never seen more different price opinions in this thread than now. Here's my opinion.

The Asian stock market is up. February Bitcoin futures expired last Friday. Positivism is returning to online crypto forums. People are starting to talk about the stimulus check. Very soon, the heaviest dip last week is more than 7 days ago, normies watching coinmarketcap and coingecko will therefore forget the dip even happened.

I don't think we have entered a bear market yet.

Ethereum has received much hate in the last few weeks for its high fees. Sooner or later people will realize that high fees == high usage. ETH relative to BTC will probably go up this month, while ADA/BTC goes down. I'm flirting with the idea of shorting ADA, but it's hard to say how long the Cardano community hive mind can push the price.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.